INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living on the South side of the Lake

+5
Texmexco
slainte39
espíritu del lago
Hernan Santiago
bimini6
9 posters

Go down

Living on the South side of the Lake Empty Living on the South side of the Lake

Post by bimini6 Wed May 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Anyone have any personal perspective on living on the South side of the lake, and anyone know of any rentals and contacts for the south side. Thanks.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Living on the South side of the Lake Empty Re: Living on the South side of the Lake

Post by Hernan Santiago Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Maybe someone will give me the name, as I just can't remember, but about 15 or 20 minutes past Joco, there is a commmunity that is well-mixed with Mexicans and foreigners. Beautiful view of the north side of the lake, large lots and some lakefront. There is usually something for rent there, even lakefront at less than half of the cost in Ajijic. Now, if only I could think of the name. There are very few, if any, contacts for rentals on the south side. You need to drive areas that you think you would like to live in and look for rental signs with phone numbers and be prepared to speak Spanish, as the vast majority of landlords there are Mexican. Damn, it is on the tip of my tongue. Oh, well. Good luck

Hernan Santiago

Back to top Go down

Living on the South side of the Lake Empty Re: Living on the South side of the Lake

Post by Hernan Santiago Wed May 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Finally, it came to me. Puerto Corona. At least, I think so.

Hernan Santiago

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Wed May 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Thank you for your replies. I am currently in the US and do not have the ability to drive around, but will do that in August.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 pm

That is correct. I couldn't remember it either.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Puerto Corona....maybe OK for a rental. but over the years many problems with ownership because of legal issues over escrituras.
Buyers beware and do "double due diligence".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hernan Santiago Wed May 08, 2013 7:05 pm

I agree with you. OK to rent, but not to buy. Many issues over the years including water rights. OP is looking for a rental, so I think my suggestion is OK for her situation and the bargain basement rental prices on the southside are pretty incredible to those of us on the north side.

Hernan Santiago

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Thu May 09, 2013 10:41 pm

albertrv is a member of this site and he and wife live on south side of the lake.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 am

I lived in Roca Azul so was near the south side. The one thing to keep in mind is the lack of high speed Internet. You are limited to satellite Internet and cell phones. Other than that it is beautiful.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Fri May 10, 2013 2:00 am

We live in PC and have had no problems. We have Telmex wth their internet, not satellite, and in 5 years have only been without it once due to a blown fuse on one of the poles. I know of a couple houses that are for rent there, one on the lake, or what is left of it. Message me if you would like more info.

Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Fri May 10, 2013 8:46 am

Gia, I sent you a pm. Not quite sure how that works, but thank you.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofburros Fri May 10, 2013 9:01 am

Flamingo wrote:I lived in Roca Azul so was near the south side. The one thing to keep in mind is the lack of high speed Internet. You are limited to satellite Internet and cell phones. Other than that it is beautiful.

It depends entirely where you are. We are farther around the lake than Roca Azul, between Jocotepec and San Pedro, but high up on the mountain side and we get Lagunanet. Works fine.

motherofburros

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri May 10, 2013 9:20 am

Interesting.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri May 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Hernan Santiago wrote:I agree with you. OK to rent, but not to buy. Many issues over the years including water rights. OP is looking for a rental, so I think my suggestion is OK for her situation and the bargain basement rental prices on the southside are pretty incredible to those of us on the north side.

Does anybody actually live in PC who can tell me if they are still on well water, or are they connected to the city now?

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri May 10, 2013 4:13 pm

bimini6 wrote:Anyone have any personal perspective on living on the South side of the lake, and anyone know of any rentals and contacts for the south side. Thanks.

Hi Bimini, I sent you a private message... I live on the south side.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hernan Santiago Fri May 10, 2013 4:40 pm

PC is no longer on well water. Water is now supplied by the muncipality and has been for several years. There was a legal battle over water rights about six years ago. Think it has been resolved and the municipality, whose name I cannot remember but starts with a "T" won. Certainly worth checking out to make sure that the water issue is now resolved. There is/was a small village of squatters living lakefront on the east side of PV. Not sure if they are still there, but I believe that they were involved in the water rights dispute, as I think they were using PC water. Done trying to remember, but check it out for yourself.

Hernan Santiago

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri May 10, 2013 4:56 pm

T for Tuxcueca - San Luis Soyatlan and Puerto Corona are technically part of Tuxcueca, same way that San Juan Cosala is part of Jocotepec and Ajijic is part of Chapala.

Thanks, Hernan.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down