INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone been to Cuba?

+2
shana
KBIOhio
6 posters

Go down

Anyone been to Cuba? Empty Anyone been to Cuba?

Post by KBIOhio Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi all.

I know in years past, I have seen an advertisement from a local travel agency for a Cuba (Havana & Verdara) trip around March. Has anyone taken that trip? I would love to hear some feedback.

Thank you in advance!

KBIOhio

KBIOhio

Back to top Go down

Anyone been to Cuba? Empty Re: Anyone been to Cuba?

Post by shana Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 pm

I went to Cuba a number of years ago using the travel agent that advertises.
I was suppsed to be on an English speaking tour but was put on a Spanish speaking tour. Except for Veradero I was never even in the same hotel as the people I was traveling with.
I got no satisfaction from my complaint when I returned. I was essentially stonewalled.
I loved both Havana and Veradero and the other locations we visited. I would return to Cuba but would never book with that agency. It was not my first encounter with problems and poor service and never used them again.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 pm

I have been to Cuba/Habana twice, both with a male friend of mine.

It is historically fascinating and the culture is fascinating.

We went on our own (no tour) and stayed with private families for cheap; breakfasts were included.

We ate at local places, some in private homes. You can "rent" a car and driver if you want or take public transportation.

We had no problems with crime but I have read it is on a slight increase but the policia are very protective of visitors since "we" bring in a lot of US$$. You do have to change your foreign currency to the NEW Cuban peso. There is a 10% exchange fee and prices are rising somewhat.

I think a great experience, especially for single guys looking for some fun times.

Enjoy it while you can.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Talosian wrote:I have been to Cuba/Habana twice, both with a male friend of mine.

We went on our own (no tour) and stayed with private families for cheap; breakfasts were included.

We ate at local places, some in private homes. You can "rent" a car and driver if you want or take public transportation.

We had no problems with crime but I have read it is on a slight increase but the policia are very protective of visitors since "we" bring in a lot of US$$. You do have to change your foreign currency to the NEW Cuban peso. There is a 10% exchange fee and prices are rising somewhat.

I think a great experience, especially for single guys looking for some fun times.

Enjoy it while you can.
Also went on own back in 1999
Great music, Great food, nice people. (I knew I "mastered Spanish when I had no trouble conversing with the Cubans.
Very literate people.
Being US citizens, we asked them not to stamp passports.
It is a shame what USA has done to them ( I know, no politics here)!
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by KBIOhio Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Thank you for the info!
KBIOhio

KBIOhio

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 pm

gringomojado wrote:
Talosian wrote:I have been to Cuba/Habana twice, both with a male friend of mine.

Enjoy it while you can.
Also went on own back in 1999
Great music, Great food, nice people. (I knew I "mastered Spanish when I had no trouble conversing with the Cubans.
Very literate people.
Being US citizens, we asked them not to stamp passports.
It is a shame what USA has done to them ( I know, no politics here)!
gm

gm I know, the thing about the block on US tourism, that really pizzes me off, is Tiger Woods reportedly, is designing and building a golf course in CUBA.....GO FIGURE!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:30 pm

went a year ago. first week in december which is just before the high season starts. had mary in chapala do everything including hotel but we picked that. habana only for 1 week. since we have mucho beaches here why go to heradero? nothing like riding in a cab that is a red convertible '52 caddy.
they don't stamp passport, in any event. there is a new category now where you yanquis can fly directly from the excited states as a cultural exchange tourist. our trip was fantastic.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down