INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too young to retire!

+29
Guiness
RoofBob
Luisa
brigitte
slainte39
Rosa Venus
lotusflower
MyHomeSweetHome
Lady Otter Latté
hkrause
Nosnow
lunateak
saege007
sambrit10
jrm30655
Jim W
hockables
Ms.Thang
Viajero-Tiempo
Traveller
CanuckBob
Intercasa
viajero
zenwoodle
sundown
Pedro
halcon
Zedinmexico
A/C Gypsies
33 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2 young to retire - Too young to retire! - Page 6 Empty Re: Too young to retire!

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Pedro wrote:
Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:the only thing they qualify for,based on a pm i received from them, is pass a plate as you do. that's why i recommend that you get together and compare notes for a merger.

Why don't you pass the plate around to you and yours and raise $1000 a month to feed the hungry at the soup kitchen near you?  Then we'll compare notes.  
we can't compare notes because you dip into the plate and i have done plenty thank you, for which i have never asked for pay nor dipped into the plate-SNORK! it's more lucrative here for yer kind of "work" than it was in guadalajara and california.ain't it? especially california, judging by your income there.
so are ya gonna help these people grab a piece of yer pie?
if you used my whole quote you wouldn't have to be repetetive.

Why don't you pass the plate around to you and yours and raise $1000 a month to feed the hungry at the soup kitchen near you?  Then we'll compare notes.

The idea is to repeat, you're old remember? going on 18. Gotta repeat things till you get it...Dead Horse 

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

2 young to retire - Too young to retire! - Page 6 Empty Re: Too young to retire!

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:47 pm

you have your answer in my new avatar. apparently the little guy is a sucker.
nice hijack by the way on your part as usual. would you like to continue in the octagon? i can show your financials there and why you "thought" you were so photogenic and sought after wherever you went.-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Pedro wrote:you have your answer in my new avatar. apparently the little guy is a sucker.
nice hijack by the way on your part as usual. would you like to continue in the octagon? i can show your financials there and why you "thought" you were so photogenic and sought after wherever you went.-SNORK!

Ohhhhhh you wouldn't!

Oh please do try...please do try...I'd like to see you go to the octagon...on your own board...and stay there.   You're such a hellian.  Come on fishy fishy.  Like showing our ministry financials and a pic of me is such a threat, when they're online page after page...lol really Pedro. SNORK!

Problem for you is I don't play dirty...I'm a clean kid.SNORK SNORK

Last edited by MyHomeSweetHome on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for expression and wit)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:13 pm

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:you have your answer in my new avatar. apparently the little guy is a sucker.

Oh please do try...please do try...I'd like to see you go to the octagon...on your own board...and stay there.   You're such a hellian.  Come on fishy fishy.  Like showing our ministry financials and a pic of me is such a threat, when they're online page after page...lol really Pedro.

Problem for you is I don't play dirty...I'm a clean kid.
an atheist cannot be a hellian,especially one who knows the christian unrevised, king james version, bible better than you do. and i won't go after you on my board since you ain't a member because you were banned. but feel free to join again using your real name.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:

Oh please do try...please do try...I'd like to see you go to the octagon...on your own board...and stay there.   You're such a hellian.  Come on fishy fishy.  Like showing our ministry financials and a pic of me is such a threat, when they're online page after page...lol really Pedro.

Problem for you is I don't play dirty...I'm a clean kid.
an atheist cannot be a hellian,especially one who knows the christian unrevised, king james version, bible better than you do. and i won't go after you on my board since you ain't a member because you were banned. but feel free to join again using your real name.

bahahhaha! here fishy, fishy, fishy!!!

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Pedro wrote:
an atheist cannot be a hellian,especially one who knows the christian unrevised, king james version, bible better than you do.
how's come you ain't a hellian?
1. hellian
a trouble-maker, often used in an endearing manner towards those younger than the speaker.

Would this be your favorite verse then?  Shocked  eek!

"Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by A/C Gypsies Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Wow!  I had no idea that my husband's post of "Too Young to Retire" was going to receive a nine page response.  There are so many of you out there that have been so encouraging and supportive.  Thank you!  We have been given a lot of really great ideas and are very grateful for your time and energy in helping us.

So many of you wanted to know our skillset in order to be more helpful, so here it is.  I have been actively involved in flipping real estate, condos, houses, vacant land, etc.  My grandfather was the founder of 3 large banks in Detroit.  My father was a professor of international business and economics.  
I am a Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser and have been in the business since 1997.  My husband and I ran our own appraisal business for the past 9 years specializing in complex, high end waterfront properties.

While working for all of the big banks, I discovered just how insolvent these banks are.  The more I researched, the more I understood about just how manipulated all of the banks balance sheets had become.  I warned many of my clients prior to the meltdown of 2008 that the housing market was in a bubble.  Since 2008 the banks have become even bigger and less responsible.

Currently the housing market NOB is only staying afloat due to Ben Bernanke printing up 85 billion dollars a MONTH to support the banks, and to purchase more mortgage backed securities.  These banks would not be in business without being on life support from the Fed.

FHA loans continue to be made with 0% down to uneducated first time home buyers, backed 100% by the taxpayers.  The banks in Europe are teetering on the edge of collapse as well with Cyprus and Greece being some of the first casualties.  Please go on the internet and research this for yourself.

When Cyprus banks were going bust they initiated what is called a "Bail In".  This is the direct confiscation of customers private savings and checking accounts.  The Cyprus style "Bail In" scheme was a litmus test for other banks.  What this means is that you are no longer the "Depositor", you are an unsecured investor in the institution and as such, the bank can call a "Bank Holiday" and impose capital controls so that your money  effectively belongs to the bank.  For those of you from Canada, please research this online and you will realize that it is written into the 2013 banking documents for the Canadian budget.  It is the same in the States.

After researching for the past 6 years, every day, I have come to the conclusion, as have many economists, that there will eventually be a banking collapse that could begin with a cyber threat, which is happening more and more frequently.  It could be a Lehman Bros style domino effect where all of the banks are so tied together that they are all affected. These large institutions have written 700 TRILLION, yes, TRILLION! of derivatives. Contemplate that!

The US is planning for some kind of financial collapse, if you do a little research you can confirm this for yourself.

In contrast to conditions NOB, Mexico has tremendous growth opportunity and potential to move up in the world economic scene.  Real Estate in Mexico, in my opinion, is a great place to park your money without the fear of banking insolvencies.

I know that these are not pleasant things to contemplate, however, I would be happy to help any of you that read this post and want more information.  This is your hard earned money and you need to protect it by getting your assets outside of the large institutions.  

If I can help just one person, then this diatribe was worth the effort!

A/C Gypsies

Humor : Willing to laugh, if you're funny

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm

"So many of you wanted to know our skillset in order to be more helpful, so here it is.  I have been actively involved in flipping real estate, condos, houses, vacant land, etc.

I am a Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser and have been in the business since 1997.  My husband and I ran our own appraisal business for the past 9 years specializing in complex, high end waterfront properties."

Good luck in your real estate endeavors.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm

A/C Gypsies wrote:

I know that these are not pleasant things to contemplate, however, I would be happy to help any of you that read this post and want more information.  This is your hard earned money and you need to protect it by getting your assets outside of the large institutions.  

Maybe you guys could open a financial consulting business.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm

The money to be made in Mexico now is in light manufacturing. This, plus easy immigration, is why so many Chinese are relocating here right now. China is becoming uncompetitive when compared to Mexico and there is always a fear of a punishing tariff system by the U.S.A. and Canada (this is already in place in Mexico). The Chinese are upgrading their factories to more automated equipment, and moving the old stuff, with all the molds, know how, etc. to Mexico. This exact same thing happened in Mexico in the early 1900's when older generation equipment was imported from Europe, and a wave of young European immigrants came with them. They were mostly garment industry related. This industry took a huge hit with the Mexico City earthquake of 1986.

It is much easier to run a small manufacturing business than any other type of business. With the right niche markets, Mexico and Hispanic U.S.A. is wide open. One example is car air fresheners, there are extremely common in Asia, especially the liquid ones - never see them here. Anything to do with auto parts and accessories is good too.

Take a trip to Hong Kong - see what is selling there, then find the equipment to make it. Usually from Taiwan, but China has a lot now too. You are looking for a "turn key factory". There are companies who specialize in putting them together. Don`t give up! No one said it was going to be easy, and Mexico really needs couples like you to get things moving.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:15 pm

viajero wrote:
A/C Gypsies wrote:

Maybe you guys could open a financial consulting business.

Re: Too young to retire!
by hockables on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:49 pm
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Not only that a/c Gypsies, but far too many of us have seen people come down here and take advantage of those they see as vulnerable (and a lot of them are). As soon as someone appears to be less than candid about who they are and where they came from, people begin to become suspicion. You do not want to do that just as people are getting to know you.

Well.... just realizing Savings won't cover the 20 year time span till Social Security sets in... I'd say Math may not be a strength...
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Start a "porta-potty" rental business. You could serve the organizers of fiestas, raves, concerts, etc. Mexico at some point is going to have to "clean up".

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Solar Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Ezzie wrote:Start a "porta-potty" rental business.  You could serve the organizers of fiestas, raves, concerts, etc.  Mexico at some point is going to have to "clean up".

GREAT idea, and for construction sites, too. Much more efficient that having the workers continually trooping over to the arroyo......
Go Solar
Go Solar
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Punography

http://www.solartechnology.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by A/C Gypsies Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Porta potties... interesting. Who says that death and taxes are the only things that are certain; we all need a crapper!

A/C Gypsies

Back to top Go down

Post by halcon Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 pm

certainly don't want to "hijack" etc., but my gut feeling is that the US
economy is indeed, NOT going to turn around. i am not a doomsdayer , and know that "anything" can happen, still i would appreciate a mature discussion of this topic. i am a "hunt and peck" typist....so perhaps another better wordsmith could initiate over in " general pop". what say you ? this post will self-destruct in 5..4..3...2....
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:12 pm

A/C Gypsies wrote:Porta potties... interesting.  Who says that death and taxes are the only things that are certain; we all need a crapper!

I know it sounds like a shi**y business (pun intended) but could certainly provide work for many Tapatios as well. Where I came from the need is driven by the high regard for environmental care. On all event permits, it is a requirement to provide xxx porta-potties based on the audience size, all building permits above a certain size require them, etc.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Those of you still offering business ideas to the Gypsies have missed the point. Mrs. Gypsy has dropped the “Oh-my-what-shall-we-do-in-retirement” thread. They know exactly what they want to do and she made it very clear.
After being coy about skill sets, Mrs. Gypsy (at our insistence) reveals that she is part of a familial dynasty that has made money from real estate, banking, and international economics. Apparently they did not teach her and Mr. Gypsy enough so they could retire down here in Mexico, but WAIT! Their loss is our gain. Although they initially seemed to be at a loss for how they might survive down here, they have now recalled their 9 years specializing in complex, high-end waterfront properties. And, oh look! There is a big lake right there! But, wait! That´s not all!
Mrs. Gypsy has worked for lots of big banks and knows all sort of inside stuff and how insolvent they are. She was able to warn her clients in the last meltdown and now she is prepared to save you and your money before the next one hits.
Get in touch with her and Mr. Gypsy. They would be happy to help you protect your hard-earned money by getting it out of wherever you have it now and into their capable hands. If they can help just one person they will be happy.
So, for those of you who missed the opportunity to invest in Big Daddy´s sausage, here is another chance. I know that whenever I consider what to do with my money, I look for anonymous folks on a web board offering to help me.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Seriously? Ouch. Sort of feel slighted that I didn't receive the prospectus. Guess I'm on the D-List.

So just to be clear, A/C Gypsies aren't looking to walk dogs or clean toilets?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:37 pm

"So just to be clear, A/C Gypsies aren't looking to walk dogs or clean toilets?"
-- Rosa Venus

No, Rosa, I am afraid not. After one week, more than 4,000 views and about 140 comments, The Gypsies recalled their background and what it was they came here to do. I do believe they are looking to clean up but not in the way some people first thought.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

Wow, I defer to my original statement of "conservative, intolerant, and old" ... the Ajijic expat community? I sure miss the countryside though, but not the robberies and break-ins.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
So, for those of you who missed the opportunity to invest in Big Daddy´s sausage, here is another chance.

Right now, my gut tells me that BD might be the better choice.   Surte

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:49 am

Very Happy 

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 am

slainte39 wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
So, for those of you who missed the opportunity to invest in Big Daddy´s sausage, here is another chance.

Right now, my gut tells me that BD might be the better choice.   Surte

Oops!! My research told me that he was not adept at forex trading, however, he seemed to make good sausages. Strange.

Last edited by lotusflower on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifying Big Daddy's real loss of capital)

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 am

Some people are not very good at connecting the dots. I guess that is what makes life easier for people like BD and ACG. Rolling Eyes 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:20 am

Just go back and read all of ACG posts....if you want a headjam.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by A/C Gypsies Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:58 am

Mean people suck! And just for the record, we don't want a f$%*ing thing from any of you persiminous, nosy, got-nothing-better-to-do busy bodies. Enjoy your ignorance.

A/C Gypsies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next