INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your false sense of security - car accident

+3
sampati
hockables
David
7 posters

Go down

Your false sense of security - car accident Empty Your false sense of security - car accident

Post by David Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 pm

You have the best Mexican insurance that money can buy. It includes legal representation and bail bond. You think "no problem." As far as I know we have the best insurance we can get. I will not mention the name of the company, so don't even ask.

My wife was involved in an auto accident yesterday at about 10 AM. The insurance company was notified immediately. After 3 hours of waiting an abogado from the company finally showed up. By this time we have called our own attorney. To make a long story short, the morida flowed, the company attorney did nothing but make copies and buy the transitos and MPs water and snacks. She was finally released at 11:30PM after being threatened with spending the weekend in jail. I'll post more on this subject later. The point is this; don't let your knowledge of US/CAN insurance give you a false sense of security.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Your false sense of security - car accident Empty Re: Your false sense of security - car accident

Post by hockables Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:45 pm

In Mexico, one should always carry a bottle of water, a healthy snack, and always have clean underwear ... in case
Shocked  you have ta spend the night in Jail!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Your false sense of security - car accident Empty Re: Your false sense of security - car accident

Post by David Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Hocks, you forgot to mention to carry a lot of $$ too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:39 am

Friend of mine who lived at the Racquet Club a few years back had an accident coming from the Racquet Club into Ajijic. Same thing happened. Mordida, an attorney who was an ambulance chaser said she would help them, they had good insurance, the car, a Jaguar, was taken to Guad never to be seen again. My friend was sick at the time of the accident and needed to get medical help for her illness. She and her husband needed the money from the settlement from the insurance company for her medical expenses. The attorney who was supposed to help them charged them royally only to do nothing for them. It took so long for the insurance company to respond to their claim that she died because they could not afford medical care she needed. I am not sure they ever got the money from the insurance company. Terrible situation and an unnecessary loss of life.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:33 am

sampati wrote:Friend of mine who lived at the Racquet Club a few years back had an accident coming from the Racquet Club into Ajijic.  Same thing happened.  Mordida, an attorney who was an ambulance chaser said she would help them, they had good insurance, the car, a Jaguar, was taken to Guad never to be seen again.  My friend was sick at the time of the accident and needed to get medical help for her illness.  She and her husband needed the money from the settlement from the insurance company for her medical expenses.  The attorney who was supposed to help them charged them royally only to do nothing for them. It took so long for the insurance company to respond to their claim that she died because they could not afford medical care she needed.  I am not sure they ever got the money from the insurance company. Terrible situation and an unnecessary loss of life.  
this is such a crock! there are 2 sides to every story ain't there? i will say this and nothing more:the lawyer paid out money and did work and your friends stiffed her and never gave her 1 peso for her trouble. ambulance chaser indeed!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:55 am

David wrote:You have the best Mexican insurance that money can buy.  It includes legal representation and bail bond.  You think "no problem."  As far as I know we have the best insurance we can get.  I will not mention the name of the company, so don't even ask.

My wife was involved in an auto accident yesterday at about 10 AM.   The insurance company was notified immediately.  After 3 hours of waiting an abogado from the company finally showed up.  By this time we have called our own attorney.  To make a long story short, the morida flowed, the company attorney did nothing but make copies and buy the transitos and MPs water and snacks.  She was finally released at 11:30PM after being threatened with spending the weekend in jail.  I'll post more on this subject later.  The point is this; don't let your knowledge of US/CAN insurance give you a false sense of security.

I hope Ann is OK and nobody got hurt. What and where did this happen?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 am

Saturday on the Libramiento. Details sent via email.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 am

So I would like to hear from anyone who knows of an auto insurance company that is good at getting to jail and getting you out. Done anyone know of an insurer that gets this done promptly. I'm up for renewal in October and currently have HDI. Any comments on HDI or a good insurer appreciated.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:05 pm

It all depends on the attorney they send. The first one we had was useless. We complained and the second one was superb. It's the luck of the draw. In the case of an injury accident the law says all parties must spend 48 hrs. in jail. That can be shortened with a good attorney and $$.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 pm

David, does that vary by state in Mexico? We were in an accident about an hour out of Monterrey, 3 people went to the hospital for injuries, Federales didn't give us a ticket, we were detained for approx. 5 hours, waiting for insurance adjuster to complete paperwork, then on our way.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Hmmm, maybe so?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down