INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES

3 posters

Go down

LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES Empty LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Deb and I are driving our F150 Super crew and Escape to Casa Grande, Az. Have room for one in each vehicle.  Share Expenses, driving.
PM if interested.  Taking the Nogales Route.  Depart the 26th and plan on arrival the 27th.

bounce
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES Empty Re: LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES

Post by gvprod Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:11 am

has the highway blockade north of ciudad Obregon been cleared, highway has been blocked for 28 days
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES Empty Re: LEAVING FOR ARIZONA JULY 26......SHARE EXPENSES

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:41 am

They are letting tourists thru. It is open from 8:00 PM till 4:00 AM. Other hours they say it is open 1:00 hour closed 2 hours thru the day.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 am

Here is a link to the road block bypass route:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=2&ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=213108049308870321068.0004e1b7150991e969312

Has anyone tried this route? How were the roads?

TIA

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Jim:

You might want to check your route again? From all that I have read, the initial suggested bypass was much longer than the one you have posted. I did read one mention of a shorter route which may be the one you have indicated but that poster indicated that it was mostly dirt "farm roads" with part of the trip over some mountains. If you click on the satellite view of your route and then zoom in, not only can you see these dirt roads but also the mountainous areas.

JMO - it doesn't look like a fun drive to me and I would probably make damned sure my gas tanks were full!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks Neil, After further research, we have no intention of taking this route.   We plan on leaving Obregon @ 3 AM and hope to get thru the blockade area well before they close it @ 4 AM.....it is approx. 36 miles North of Obregon.   For us a 2 hour delay on 15 beats the additional hours going thru Laredo and back tracking to Casa Grande.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down