INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smile for the camera

+3
MyHomeSweetHome
solajijic
CanuckBob
7 posters

Go down

Smile for the camera Empty Smile for the camera

Post by CanuckBob Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm

I saw the Google street views car with the camera mounted on the roof driving up and down the side streets in Riberas today.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Smile for the camera Empty Re: Smile for the camera

Post by solajijic Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Super news! Wouldn't that be a fabulous job to have for a couple of months?

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 pm

We did too and I definitely smiled, waved and said I wanted to be famous when we drove by it. lol It even went down the dirt side road before the chicken stand next to the Coke place. Seems like last year we passed it and I probably looked dumb founded passing it on the hwy going towards Las Plazas Outlet. Very Happy

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 am

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:We did too and I definitely smiled, waved and said I wanted to be famous when we drove by it. lol It even went down the dirt side road before the chicken stand next to the Coke place.   Seems like last year we passed it and I probably looked dumb founded passing it on the hwy going towards Las Plazas Outlet. Very Happy
MHSH:

None of the roads in that area leading off the Careterra are "dirt roads". They may in some cases be dirty but they are all cobblestone streets. If you have not, you should take one of them and explore San Antonio. It is a pretty little village.

I frequently use OCampo to drive all the way east to lower Riberas and miss the traffic up above on the careterra. You should try it.

Last edited by DaveP on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:23 am

CanuckBob wrote:I saw the Google street views car with the camera mounted on the roof driving up and down the side streets in Riberas today.
There are some street views along the careterra right now, It will be great to see some of the other places especially San Antonio, lower Riberas etc and maybe upper Riberas, el Manglar also.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:04 am

It starts off as a dirt road, because that whole strip alongside the highway is not cobbled; both streets (Colon and Libertad) become cobbled where they start, however, so I would probably also say "the dirt road" just because it's easily recognizable, as opposed to perhaps saying the name, which a lot of people may not know.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:11 pm

DaveP wrote:There are some street views along the careterra right now, It will be great to see some of the other places especially San Antonio, lower Riberas etc and maybe upper Riberas, el Manglar also.
I've used the Carretera street views for some time now, but they're old. You can actually "drive" (using their directional movement icons) almost all the way around the lake. I found a few hundred feet of road somewhere east of Mezcala that wasn't complete, but there are some really nice Google Street views of the lake from the old road over there!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Not only can you "drive" around with google maps... Find your house and then zoom all the way out. Then with a strong fan blowing in your face slowly zoom in. It's like skydiving into your own backyard.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down