INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car insurance

+8
sm1mex
SunshineyDay
RickS
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
cosalamx
David
barbicheesecake
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car insurance Empty Car insurance

Post by barbicheesecake Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:36 pm

]b]Does anyone know about Mariners Insurance? They are out of Puerto Vallarta and advertise in the Guad Reporter. They claim to be the largest Latino insurance company and tell me they have insurance adjusters in Ajijic and Chapala. Any info would be very much appreciated. Since we now have our MX plated vehicle we gotta get it insured! Thanks in advance.[/b]
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Car insurance Empty Re: Car insurance

Post by David Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

The most important aspect of insurance is your agent. Is he/she local? Can you meet him/her face-to-face? Will he/she be her to go to bat for you when you have a claim? We recently were in an accident. I don't know what we would have done if our agent hadn't been local. Think about it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 am

David wrote:The most important aspect of insurance is your agent.  Is he/she local?  Can you meet him/her face-to-face?  Will he/she be her to go to bat for you when you have a claim?  We recently were in an accident.  I don't know what we would have done if our agent hadn't been local.  Think about it.
I totally agree with David. We have had a couple of recent experiences and the local agent was invaluable in assisting with the claim process.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 am

And invaluable with keeping or getting you out of jail.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:34 am

Boy howdy!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 am

Also don't go cheap and not buy legal/bonding stuff.  This is what keeps you out of jail in Mexico in an accident.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 am

Not necessarily keeps you out, but will get you out. The basic rule is; in the case of an injury accident ALL participants must spend 48 hours in jail.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

David wrote:Not necessarily keeps you out, but will get you out.  The basic rule is; in the case of an injury accident ALL participants must spend 48 hours in jail.
Unless you know someone who knows someone who knows someone  ;>)
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Car insurance Empty Agent?

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 am

Anyone have an agent and company they are happy with? Time to renew and I am aliitle confused about the different legal $$ amounts required for liability that different agents are quoting me.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:08 am

I believe the minimum liability here in Jalisco is now $3,000,000 pesos. I just renewed with Qualitis and I was told they have a very good local rep who speaks perfect English.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks bob

Is the agent located in Ajijic or Chapala? Do you have a contact #?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:31 am

The agent I used is Parker Insurance. They are located in Riberas very near to the veterinary clinic and pet food store.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 am

Bellon insurance across from Superlake and Handy Mail. 766-5151, speaks English. Excellent customer service and if something happens you call Bellon first. He saved me 2000 pesos over my last agents quote and I got twice the liability coverage for 2000 pesos less.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:44 pm

SunshineyDay wrote:Anyone have an agent and company they are happy with? Time to renew and I am aliitle confused about the different legal $$ amounts required for liability that different agents are quoting me.
I now have Parker as an agent and ANA as an Insurer for my Mexican plated cars. I am extremely happy with both. ANA paid out a stolen car claim in 31 days and delivered the cheque to Parker while I was out of town, so I didn't have to drive into Guadalajara, and I had lots of assistance from Parker in terms of the steps and documentation needed. Remember with insurance, cheaper is not always better, and unlike some products, you can't discover the quality until it is too late. Agents like Qualitas because their rates are lower so clients are happy with the cost, not considering what could happen when there is a serious claim. The local Qualitas rep has no power to make any decisions, they all come from Mexico City or Guadalajara, and having met with all the top guys in Guadalajara and some in Mexico City, I repeat that I would not insure with Qualitas if it were free. The stories would fill a book, but I do not worry about the police coming to my house and hauling me off to jail because the insurers lawyer failed to show up in Court and the other party (who was at fault) got a judgement against me without me knowing. Sometimes you don't even get what you pay for.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Well Parker is pushing Qualitas now so maybe you should pass that along to them next time you are there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:50 am

S&S is selling Qualitas now also.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Other people have raved about Qualitas so I'm thinking it is like most everything else. Some have good experiences and some have bad.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes. That's why I contend that the most important part of your insurance is your agent! A couple of years back someone here railed on Allianz as a poor company. Yet only two months ago Allianz paid for my entire back surgery and hospital stay and gave be a discount on my deductible! On the other hand a well known car insurance company sent an incompetent attorney to deal with a car accident. Go figure. Get a good agent first. Good agents sell only for good companies.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Anyone can screw-up, any company can screw-up. The measure of their value is what they do after the screw-up. In my experience Qualitas has demonstrated their core values by continuing to screw-up, after they were aware of the issues. Enough said.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Remember that an agent represents only one company, the company he works for; while brokerage houses like Parker, can compare insurance companies and choose the one they believe best serves your, not their needs.

I always choose a broker I trust to help me choose the best insurance company for me, not for them. There are several great brokerage houses lakeside. I have had wonderful luck with "Parker Insurance Services" since about 1997. And over the years when they have suggested that I change insurance companies, I have followed there advice.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Any insurance broker recommending a particular company wouldn't have anything to do with their commission rate by any chance?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:42 pm

David wrote:Yes.  That's why I contend that the most important part of your insurance is your agent!  A couple of years back someone here railed on Allianz as a poor company.  Yet only two months ago Allianz paid for my entire back surgery and hospital stay and gave be a discount on my deductible!  On the other hand a well known car insurance company sent an incompetent attorney to deal with a car accident.  Go figure.  Get a good agent first.  Good agents sell only for good companies.
That was me David, and the agent was Parker.  We had 2 claims that Allianz denied, Parker said they couldn't help. One claim was $18,000 USD the other 35,000pesos.  Hired Spencer to represent us, and both claims paid within 60 days. cheers after 6-8 months trying to get Parker to resolve I agree at this point, agent is everything. Since Insurance companies seldom reverse position that quickly, it must be the agent.Blackeye 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:57 pm

I thought so but wasn't sure. When we went to pay the bill at Angeles del Carmen the Allianz rep at the hospital said they wouldn't pay for this and that. I called my agent and he said, "that's bullsh*t, your policy has no upper limit!" He came in less than 10 minutes and got it resolved completely. One nice thing Allianz did was reduce our deductible by $6,000 pesos! Simply for using a hospital in their network.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Glad your surgery went well, wish we had the same agent.  While fighting thru this, I would walk into Parker and ask to see my agent, during normal business hours.....1st question....do you have an appointment, she isn't in, you need to make an appointment, was the usual response.

Beer Beer Beer Here is to getting back on the golf course soon...Beer Beer Beer 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:37 pm

That doesn't speak well of Parker. I had them for a couple of years but never had a claim in that time. In the last few months we've had the surgery and a car accident. Our agent was key to getting both resolved promtly and successfully.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: