INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Market moving???

+9
CanuckBob
David
ChickenLittle
slainte39
Jim W
elbelgicano
saege007
sambrit10
barbicheesecake
13 posters

Go down

Monday Market moving??? Empty Monday Market moving???

Post by barbicheesecake Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Don't know if true or not. We heard a rumor that el Hole in One will not be renting space to Monday Market effective Oct. 1. Has anyone else heard this?

barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Monday Market moving??? Empty Re: Monday Market moving???

Post by sambrit10 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

I finally have an answer to your question!

Just today they posted an announcement to the vendors at the market that yes, they are losing the Hole in One space at the end of September.

They are currently seeking a new home! The Salon de Huerta (I think that's the name) appears to be available but as it already has a Tuesday market, the Monday one seems like overkill. Anything further east? Needs to be large and covered with decent accessibility and parking.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm

I really hope it does not move any further west. While it is great that the Salon de Huerta exists and is available for such things, it's not easy to get to if you don't have a car and live and work in Chapala.

What about under the sail on the malecon in Chapala? Is that an option?
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not sure about the parking situation near the sail at the Malecon. Would you have to park down in the big parking lot by the fountain and walk back? Is the parking still metered in that area?

I know there used to be a market in the covered open space at Centro de Laguna (mall across from WalMart). Does anyone know why it's not there any more? Maybe they charged too much?

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elbelgicano Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:40 pm

There is also a big (half open air) building, near the Monday morning tianguis in Chapala. They always have a big sign out, saying for rent for events (in Spanish). It would also attract the regular customers who go the tianguis and plenty of parking space with Soriana across the street.
I can always see it when I take the Guadalajara bus out of Chapala but don't know the street names (close enough to the main drag, across the street from Soriana).
Rony
elbelgicano
elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all kinds

http://chocochef.blogspot.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 pm

sambrit10 wrote:I'm not sure about the parking situation near the sail at the Malecon.  Would you have to park down in the big parking lot by the fountain and walk back? Is the parking still metered in that area?

I know there used to be a market in the covered open space at Centro de Laguna (mall across from WalMart). Does anyone know why it's not there any more? Maybe they charged too much?

I think high winds knocked it down a few years back.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 am

elbelgicano wrote:There is also a big (half open air) building, near the Monday morning tianguis in Chapala.  They always have a big sign out, saying for rent for events (in Spanish).  It would also attract the regular customers who go the tianguis and plenty of parking space with Soriana across the street.
I can always see it when I take the Guadalajara bus out of Chapala but don't know the street names (close enough to the main drag, across the street from Soriana).
Rony
Rony...is that on the same street where Richard's restaurant is, and the pedestrian overhead crosswalk?
Or are you talking about the side street east of Madero, north of Soriana?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickenLittle Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:16 am

There are a lot more people at the Tuesday market than the Monday market. Parking no problem. If you don't have a car the bus stops at the front door.
ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 am

Why not simply merge the two?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am

I believe the Tuesday Market is all organic. No?

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:03 am

No, the Tuesday Market is not all organic...only some vendors are. But it's already crowded as is. I could see merging the Monday Market with the Friday Market though which seems to be struggling.

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 am

IslandGirl wrote:No, the Tuesday Market is not all organic...only some vendors are.  But it's already crowded as is.  I could see merging the Monday Market with the Friday Market though which seems to be struggling.
Oh gosh no.... merge Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays together... but please leave Fridays & Saturdays be....Very Happy 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:11 pm

IslandGirl wrote:No, the Tuesday Market is not all organic...only some vendors are.  But it's already crowded as is.  I could see merging the Monday Market with the Friday Market though which seems to be struggling.
The Tuesday Market is not crowded. There's lots of space for more vendors!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elbelgicano Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm

slainte39 wrote:
elbelgicano wrote:There is also a big (half open air) building, near the Monday morning tianguis in Chapala.  They always have a big sign out, saying for rent for events (in Spanish).  It would also attract the regular customers who go the tianguis and plenty of parking space with Soriana across the street.
Rony
Rony...is that on the same street where Richard's restaurant is, and the pedestrian overhead crosswalk?
Or are you talking about the side street east of Madero, north of Soriana?
I do not know where Richard's restaurant is but it is almost exactly at the pedestrian overhead crosswalk, not even half a block from there (possibly on the corner). It is also on the point where the Monday market ends. Mexicans call it "terraza el puente" and I think that there is a phone number on the wall.
I believe that this place has all the advantages that the Hole in One market needs. Apart from the parking space, it could attrack Soriana customers as well, and potential shoppers could combine going to Soriana, the tianguis and the "hole in one" market, 3 different but good kind of products + nearby bus stop.
And Chapala needs this kind of event.
Getting carried away now.... if people would hand out flyers about it (on Monday morning when it takes place) on the Soriana parking lot AND the tianguis, the public would easily find out about it.

Rony
elbelgicano
elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:52 pm

I believe that the rental cost is quite high at Tuesday market; can't remember exact amount now. Also as I understand it they do not permit duplicate items; i.e. if someone else sells cheesecakes then I could not. When Tuesday market was at the mall across from WalMart I applied for a space and was told because all my ingredients were not organic that I could not sell there. I also agree with saege007 to move to Chapala and not go further west. Just my 2 cents.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 pm

I will pass on these suggestions to the guy who administers the Monday Market. Thanks for all the input!

I too would lean towards Chapala, but my main concern there is that most of the stuff being sold at Monday market is specialized and sometimes quite expensive (even by NOB standards) and might look even more so if it was near the Tianguis and Soriana.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:04 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:I believe that the rental cost is quite high at Tuesday market; can't remember exact amount now. Also as I understand it they do not permit duplicate items; i.e. if someone else sells cheesecakes then I could not.
The Tuesday Market has multiple lamb vendors, veggie vendors, bread vendors, etc......
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elbelgicano Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 pm

sambrit10 wrote:I will pass on these suggestions to the guy who administers the Monday Market. Thanks for all the input!

I too would lean towards Chapala, but my main concern there is that most of the stuff being sold at Monday market is specialized and sometimes quite expensive (even by NOB standards)  and might look even more so if it was near the Tianguis and Soriana.
Nothing lost by trying. And Soriana is not that cheap. The El Surtidor stores in Chapala centro are cheaper. I heard that a little higher up from Soriana, they are planning to open up another big store. Could become the place to be in the future.

I just hope that if they start up again that vendors will not have to bring tables and chairs anymore. I went there 3 times to sell my chocolate and without my own car it was a huge hassle (for the only 2 or 3 hours of sales) to bring tables and chairs, on top of my products. With tables and chairs already set up, and set up at their specific positions, the sales could take place in a more organized, faster and orderly way. Less carrying, packing and unpacking.

Rony
elbelgicano
elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elbelgicano Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm

And then there is the Palapa del Guayabo, the big restaurant at the end of the Chapala malecon (or any other of the restaurants near the lake towards Christiania park)... They do not seem to be open in the morning,.... all covered and half open, great views, tables and chairs, nearby parking space .....
elbelgicano
elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 pm

elbelgicano wrote:  I heard that a little higher up from Soriana, they are planning to open up another big store.  Could become the place to be in the future.
Supposed to be a Mega
...who knows?, maybe we are not that far away from a Costco.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:48 pm

The philosophy of the Tuesday market is for healthy, natural and organic. I really don't see them being interested in merging with the Monday market. I also agree that at least one market should try to stay on the east side near or in Chapala. The Laguna Mall has added several stores and that space is no longer available.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 pm

A better choice would be to merge with the Friday market. It's quite varied and has only a few vendors. It's at the La Huerta center.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm

What is wrong with these property/business owners?! It seems obvious to me that the Monday Market could very likely be the biggest draw they have for the restaurant. It would seem natural for me to say, "Okay, got the the shopping done. Let's go upstairs and have brunch."

Does Pancho (Superlake) still have an interest in this place? Has anyone asked him why?

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down