INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man)

+5
Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
Kiri
9 posters

Go down

Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man) Empty Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man)

Post by Kiri Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 am

Lakeside community pools resources for injured blind man

Local shoppers may have noticed the recent absence of the blind beggar who has been a regular fixture at Ajijic’s weekly tianguis street market and the entrance of SuperLake for many years.

Jose Luis Vazquez Rios, known to his chums as Chelis, has been bedridden since late June after suffering severe injuries from a terrible two-meter fall that occurred as he was making his way towards the humble home he shares with his widowed mother in upper Chapala.

Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man) Flyer_11

Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man) Flyer_12
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man) Empty Re: Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man)

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 am

I had no idea.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man) Empty Re: Detais on Directing Help to Luis (Blind Man)

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:57 am

Folks I went to the silver shop on Colon and talked about Luis. It is pretty sad. For example they are trying to get him some Catheters so he can change his more often than once a month.  Luis was always so cheerful and his attitude made it for me.  Now his 90 year old mother whom he lives with is begging again.  I know he could really use a Walkman CD player so he can listen to music if you have one laying on the shelf replaced by a ipod.  Please help if you can. Check out the facebook page and I believe a raffle will occur to help him.  The silver shop on the east side of colon 50 ft from the highway in Ajijic will take your pesos. They are my neighbors so I trust them.

Thanks

Sad Zed

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 am

Kiri, I just received via E-Transfer a very generous $200 CDN donation from one of our Canadian members. How do I get this into the right hands.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 am

Problem solved, I just called that number above and made arrangements to drop this money off.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:16 pm

That is a very generous gift from somebody.

Thank you very very very much.

It is much needed.

Thanks again

Gringoes come up with a hit again.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 am

Zedinmexico wrote:That is a very generous gift from somebody.

Thank you very very very much.

It is much needed.

Thanks again

Gringoes come up with a hit again.

Z
Thank you for all those that helped out, and a BIG THANK YOU to those at the Wednesday Market for your contributions, both financially and in person....
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:26 am

Please note that Luis passed away Sunday night..."requiescat in pace".
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:20 pm

According to TOB and the Facebook account of one of the people helping Luis he died yesterday morning. His 90-year-old mother will be needing help.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm

this question may seem unseemly to some. why would she need help from OUTSIDE her family? at her age she must have lots of immediate relatives and it is my experience that large families look after each other here in mexico-no?
what her son was doing was work he was capable of so he wouldn't be a burden on his family,is my take.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I do not know the story of the family and their circumstances, who can help and who can not. Luis was taking care of his mother before the fall that led to his death. After his fall, he was in dire circumstances including lack of medical supplies for daily health and hygiene needs. I do not know where the large family was, but he was depending on other members of the community. I would rather not speculate and judge but simply pass on what information I have.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 pm

I read on TOB that he was an only child, so probably no large family to support his mother.Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Agree with Zen I bet Mom still needs help. She had to go back to begging when he
got hurt. I will go find out what is going on tomorrow at the silver shop. She probably
needs help to bury him if he is Catholic.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coltivatore Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Pedro wrote:this question may seem unseemly to some. why would she need help from OUTSIDE her family? at her age she must have lots of immediate relatives and it is my experience that large families look after each other here in mexico-no?
what her son was doing was work he was capable of so he wouldn't be a burden on his family,is my take.
Unseemly? Really! I know you are Canadian, but anywhere in the world this post would identify you as a insensitive Asshole!
coltivatore
coltivatore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:27 pm

coltivatore wrote:
Pedro wrote:this question may seem unseemly to some. why would she need help from OUTSIDE her family? at her age she must have lots of immediate relatives and it is my experience that large families look after each other here in mexico-no?
Unseemly? Really! I know you are Canadian, but anywhere in the world this post would identify you as a insensitive Asshole!
really? why don't you learn some more about this culture,instead of injecting NOB. how many bros sis cousins,etc. etc. does she have? like most of us here we can't support everyone,and some may not need it. what support have you given to anyone? i have no trouble looking at myself in the mirror.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:33 pm

For God sake the man was blind and was begging to support himself and probably his mother. When he got sick his mother went back to begging so she probably did not have enough to support herself and help her son.
We are not talking about a middle class family. She probably has few people left in her immediate family and for your information Pedro I know plenty of families who are not helping each other accross the board. The families sticking together and helping each other has plenty of exceptions.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 pm

coltivatore wrote:

Pedro is a lot of things but he is not a asshole. I even foe him but I know he has a heart and doesn't mean to
piss you off. He cares about Luis and people. He doesn't care about us gringoes sometimes but so what.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 pm

brigitte wrote:For God sake the man was blind and was begging to support himself and probably his mother. When he got sick his mother went back to begging so she probably did not have enough to support herself and help her son.
We are not talking about a middle class family. She probably has few people left in her immediate family and for your information Pedro I know plenty of families who are not helping each other accross the board. The families sticking together and helping each other has plenty of exceptions.
you know all about them personally no doubt. and i am not talking about middle class families since i have none of those in my barrio as you do. how much support do you give to EVERYONE that may need it? do you have unlimited funds? go for it-SNORK!
how many of you actually know these people[family] personally?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coltivatore Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Pedro wrote:
coltivatore wrote:
really? why don't you learn some more about this culture,instead of injecting NOB. how many bros sis cousins,etc. etc. does she have? like most of us here we can't support everyone,and some may not need it. what support have you given to anyone? i have no trouble looking at myself in the mirror.
Learn more about the culture. Great idea, I should do that now that I have lived here 17 yr's. How would you know I had anything to do with No. of the border. I know there are many of you Canadians here, but not all of us. Obviously you don't have a clue what help I have given, but I'm happy with my generosity. I hate looking in the mirror, there is this old generous guy looking back at me. My opinion of you stands!
coltivatore
coltivatore

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Pedro wrote:this question may seem unseemly to some. why would she need help from OUTSIDE her family? at her age she must have lots of immediate relatives
Ignorance is a chronic disease and by its very nature the afflicted never know they have it,snork.

Last edited by viajero on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm

coltivatore wrote:
Pedro wrote:
coltivatore wrote:
Learn more about the culture. Great idea, I should do that now that I have lived here 17 yr's. How would you know I had anything to do with No. of the border. I know there are many of you Canadians here, but not all of us. Obviously you don't have a clue what help I have given, but I'm happy with my generosity. I hate looking in the mirror, there is this old generous guy looking back at me. My opinion of you stands!
and apparently you have no clue about me either, so we're even. since i don't know you,i have no opinion about you except what you post here. i will continue to look in the mirror and not be ashamed at what i see.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:this question may seem unseemly to some. why would she need help from OUTSIDE her family? at her age she must have lots of immediate relatives
Ignorance is a chronic disease and by its very nature the afflicted don't know they have it,snork.
so how much money are you sending brush cut guy?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Well that's about enough BS on this thread.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down