INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

+13
gvprod
sparks
slainte39
solajijic
Jim W
Frijoles
CheenaGringo
Rosa Venus
Infidel
Pedro
Zedinmexico
Rolly
viajero
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals Empty No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

Post by viajero Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:58 pm

As of November 8 BoA is charging a 3 percent international transaction fee for atm withdrawals even at Santander and Scotia machines,this is very bad news for a lot of people.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals Empty Re: No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

Post by Rolly Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 pm

This will cost me about $700 pesos per month at the current exchange rate. SHIT
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals Empty Re: No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

Post by viajero Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Rolly wrote:This will cost me about $700 pesos per month at the current exchange rate.  SHIT
I pay for all of my family's living expenses through my BoA account,our cost of living just went up by 3 percent,SHIT indeed!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Ok got 3000P out of the Scocia ATM at Dominoes pizza. It shows up as $228.59 or 13.12P per dollar using standard BOA debit card.  Not seeing any change and I did this in the morning. Could the type of account have something to do with this?  Current exchange is 13.09 to 13.18 pesos per dollar from five sources.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Sr. Z,
I'll bet the charge will be there tomorrow. Those things are processed at night.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Ok got 3000P out of the Scocia ATM at Dominoes pizza. It shows up as $228.59 or 13.12P per dollar using standard BOA debit card.  Not seeing any change and I did this in the morning. Could the type of account have something to do with this?  Current exchange is 13.09 to 13.18 pesos per dollar from five sources.

Z
scotia as in scotiabank and/or bank of nova scotia
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Rolly wrote:Sr. Z,
I'll bet the charge will be there tomorrow.  Those things are processed at night.
Got nothing added on 11/8 BOA debit withdrawl at Scocia ATM at Dominoes in Ajijic.
Will check tomorrow and see if you are right. I am betting that if no charge tomorrow it
is the type of account I have.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Did a window pop up on the ATM screen detailing thee fee? If not, perhaps the announcement is ahead of the game.
Infidel
Infidel

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Infidel wrote:Did a window pop up on the ATM screen detailing thee fee?  If not, perhaps the announcement is ahead of the game.
No window popped up,the fee showed up on my online statement a day after I made the withdrawal.
What announcement were you referring to?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 pm

I got hit, also, whereas never before. This was at a Scotiabank atm. It appears as a 3% "International Transaction Fee" on BofA online. My atm card has been getting a lot of exercise lately, and the fee first appears for a transaction on Nov 10, then a second time on Nov 12.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Given the fact that there are reports from all over Mexico confirming these new fees, I would be inclined to believe them. Bank of America isn't exactly known for being customer friendly!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 pm

BoA for the last 8 years has been a convenient fee free way for me to access funds from NoB,their exchange rate was very good as well,now I need to look at alternatives,a 3 percent fee for every withdrawal is not acceptable.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:08 pm

This is why I had started a thread about direct-depositing Canada Pension Plan cheques into a Mexican Bank.  We've been hit with the 3% fee all along and only now is it possible to avoid it (I think) by direct-depositing the cheque into a Mexican Bank.  (Mexico was just added to the list of countries where this is possible.)  A friend has her US Social Security cheque direct-deposited and said she isn't charged the 3% fee.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Too bad that there isn't an Intercam location in Guadalajara for you to use. Given the number of people with Bank of America accounts along the north shore who have relied on the Scotia and Santander ATM's, I would predict Intercam in Ajijic will become even more popular.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Consider opening an account @ Intercam, or similar. Home/property owners can write a check for $4000.00 or more and walk out with pesos @ a rate usually same or better than Multiva, no fee, no hassle,
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Intercam is officially now a bank. This means there will be some procedural and policy changes in the offing. As of today we have to bring in a special account card and our immigration ID for every transaction. I don't think I have shown ID since we opened the account the week they opened their doors.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:13 pm

solajijic wrote:Intercam is officially now a bank.  This means there will be some procedural and policy changes in the offing.  As of today we have to bring in a special account card and our immigration ID for every transaction.  I don't think I have shown ID since we opened the account the week they opened their doors.
WOW solajijic....I leave for a month and the financial world changes, LOL. When I opened my account, had to show a copy of my deed to property, and always had to present my account card and photo ID. WTF....or a face not to be trusted.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 pm

solajijic wrote:Intercam is officially now a bank.  This means there will be some procedural and policy changes in the offing.  As of today we have to bring in a special account card and our immigration ID for every transaction.  I don't think I have shown ID since we opened the account the week they opened their doors.
they gave me my pesos 2 weeks ago on a scotia cheque in canadian dollars and then gave me a card to use in future is all. i note that some personnel have been changed as well.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:00 am

Jim W wrote:Consider opening an account @ Intercam, or similar.  Home/property owners can write a check for $4000.00 or more and walk out with pesos @ a rate usually same or better than Multiva, no fee, no hassle,
I was told that Multiva is going to start charging 10.00 USD plus IVA to cash foreign checks.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:18 am

Intercam used to charge $8 ... now I hear $10 ... but that's for any sized check. 4-5k anyway
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:24 am

Got the charge this morning. Below is from BOA website and ScociaBank is not listed anymore.
However Santander is still listed for Mexico.

Traveling Internationally?
Use your ATM card or debit card within the Global ATM Alliance.

• [url=javascript:void(0);]BNP Paribas [/url](France)
  • [url=javascript:void(0);]BNL Banca Nazionale Del Lavoro [/url](Italy)
  • [url=javascript:void(0);]Barclays[/url] United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands)
  • [url=javascript:void(0);]Deutsche Bank[/url] (Germany)
  • [url=javascript:void(0);]Scotiabank[/url] (Canada and the Caribbean, Caribbean countries include: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles (St. Maarten), St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands)
  • [url=javascript:void(0);]Westpac Bank[/url] (Australia and New Zealand)

In addition, Bank of America has arranged for you to use your debit or ATM cards in China at [url=javascript:void(0);]China Construction Bank[/url]
ATMs (China Construction Bank ATMs in Hong Kong are not included) and in Mexico at [url=javascript:void(0);]Banco Santander[/url] with no ATM
Operator Fees or Non-Bank of America International ATM fees. International Transaction Fees of 1% for converting your
currency may apply.

Your foreign currency and travelers cheques are ready when you are.

Bank of America helps you with your foreign currency and travelers cheques needs. Use our secure, convenient, online service to:

• Sign in and purchase up to $10,000 of foreign currency a month. For customers not signing in, orders are limited to $500 in foreign currency a year.
  • Check daily foreign currency banknote exchange rates.
  • Calculate the value of your currency before you exchange money.

[url=javascript:void(0);]Cancel[/url]

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Bank of America is EVIL!
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:39 pm

I just talked to B/A.  I now know why a friend with almost $200,000 US in his B/A account has to pay the fee while others with less than $20,000 do not.

Do you remember a while back when Merrill Lynch was bought out by B/A?  Did you know you can link the two accounts together? Well if the total amount of say your retirement account in ML plus the cash in your linked B/A account is more than $250,000 US, you do not pay the fee.

So it's all a matter of where your money is.

It's like Actinver (Lloyds) that will pay your utility bills for free if you have at least $100,000 pesos  (almost $8,000 US) deposited with them. If it becomes less they will not.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals Empty Not necessarily true

Post by BRLAhere Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm

viajero wrote:As of November 8 BoA is charging a 3 percent international transaction fee for atm withdrawals even at Santander and Scotia machines,this is very bad news for a lot of people.
I telephoned BOA's customer service today after seeing two US$14 ATM fees charged to my account for withdrawals I had made from Santander's ATM.  The rep not only reimbursed my fees, but waived any future ATM fees for 1-year.  Instructed me that I would have to request another waiver one year from today.  We'll see if that holds.
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Any details you could provide on how you accomplished this would be appreciated,thanks.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next