INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

+13
gvprod
sparks
slainte39
solajijic
Jim W
Frijoles
CheenaGringo
Rosa Venus
Infidel
Pedro
Zedinmexico
Rolly
viajero
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals - Page 2 Empty Re: No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

Post by viajero Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Any details you could provide on how you accomplished this would be appreciated,thanks.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals - Page 2 Empty Re: No more fee free BoA atm withdrawals

Post by BRLAhere Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:44 pm

No, I just called to inquire why I am being charged fees after 5-years living here.  The rep checked and told me my waiver must have been lifted. She came back to me after a pause and explained my fees would be reimbursed (and they have been) and that future fees would be waived for one more year and I will have to request another waiver next Nov 15 (2014).  I did mention that if this was to be their new policy that I would find another bank, but that wasn't a deciding point....she pretty much brushed the comment aside and told me everything would be back to normal.
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:02 am

Folks on TOB posted yesterday that they have successfully called in to BofA to point out that the Global Alliance page says nothing about a 3% international transaction fee (it does say "maybe" 1% which they aren't charging,) so several have been offered a one year waiver of the fee and were told to call in again after a year to waive it again. I used to have to do this silly maneuver with Wells Fargo once a year In November to eliminate a monthly fee that my account shouldn't have been charged, their software just couldn't differentiate it. It took them nearly two years to fix that glitch. Since the BofA fee started with their new fee schedule which went into effect after close of business on Nov. 8, I suspect this may be the same situation with their computers. So if they consistently offer the waiver, then that ends this controversy. The poster on TOB did not mention which ATM he'd used, Scotiabank or Santander.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:27 am

phxfunguy wrote:Folks on TOB posted yesterday that they have successfully called in to BofA to point out that the Global Alliance page says nothing about a 3% international transaction fee (it does say "maybe" 1% which they aren't charging,) so several have been offered a one year waiver of the fee and were told to call in again after a year to waive it again.  I used to have to do this silly maneuver with Wells Fargo once a year In November to eliminate a monthly fee that my account shouldn't have been charged, their software just couldn't differentiate it.  It took them nearly two years to fix that glitch.  Since the BofA fee started with their new fee schedule which went into effect after close of business on Nov. 8, I suspect this may be the same situation with their computers.  So if they consistently offer the waiver, then that ends this controversy.  The poster on TOB did not mention which ATM he'd used, Scotiabank or Santander.
look above you-brlahere is the poster you keep referring to as info on another board. he's posting it here so no need to go there is there?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 am

Pedro wrote:
phxfunguy wrote:Folks on TOB posted yesterday that they have successfully called in to BofA to point out that the Global Alliance page says nothing about a 3% international transaction fee (it does say "maybe" 1% which they aren't charging,) so several have been offered a one year waiver of the fee and were told to call in again after a year to waive it again.  I used to have to do this silly maneuver with Wells Fargo once a year In November to eliminate a monthly fee that my account shouldn't have been charged, their software just couldn't differentiate it.  It took them nearly two years to fix that glitch.  Since the BofA fee started with their new fee schedule which went into effect after close of business on Nov. 8, I suspect this may be the same situation with their computers.  So if they consistently offer the waiver, then that ends this controversy.  The poster on TOB did not mention which ATM he'd used, Scotiabank or Santander.
look above you-brlahere is the poster you keep referring to as info on another board. he's posting it here so no need to go there is there?
I normally wouldn't and didn't intentionally post duplicate into, you are so right, it was totally unnecessary. I hadn't refreshed the page from last evening and didn't see his post til afterwards. Mea culpa.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 pm

And now another update (copied from TOB):

Pete's info he posted above is correct. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with two levels of supervisors trying to get the waiver of fees for my little debit card e-account to no avail. The waiver is only for ML-linked accounts with an aggregate balance of over $250,000. Unless BRLAhere who got the waiver has this type of account, she told me the waiver was put on by an entry level rep in error and that when waivered accounts are reviewed in the upcoming quarter, his waiver will be removed.

I had her look at the global alliance page on their website which still states 1% and she said her backroom info for reps shows that the international transaction fee has gone up to 3% (from the previous 1% which was never charged,) so that the customer webpage is out of date and that she'll point that out to her supervisors.

So that goose/golden egg is gone. The new fee equals a 39 peso fee for every $100 US withdrawn at the ATM with the exchange rate at 13.0, so using a different online account such as CapitalOne 360 (former INGDirect and still called that in Canada) with no percentage fee and just paying the 29-45 peso ATM fee or whatever the bank you choose charges may be the better alternative now, especially if you can take out larger amounts at one time.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:19 pm

I have a B of A account linked to my Merrill Lynch account. Due to the type of account I have no fees, have withdrawn two days this week and no fee at Scotia. Pete on Chapala.com reports the same.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:40 pm

After having the minimum balance in the combined accounts published, won't extortionists, scam artists, etc., know who to target.
Most people on these boards aren't as anonymous as they think they are.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2