INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Not Rooting For Denver?

+22
hockables
lunateak
oncesubtle
barbicheesecake
texunsam
David
solajijic
Zedinmexico
Spot
zenwoodle
sparks
Flamingo
slainte39
CheenaGringo
Mainecoons
Pescador
Lady Otter Latté
Rosa Venus
Jim W
Pedro
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who's Not Rooting For Denver? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's Not Rooting For Denver?

Post by SunFan Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 pm

OOOOWWWWWWWWW

SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:35 pm

29-ZIP......All the hype   Turns into a real YAWNER....... Sleep....and there is 14 minutes left in the 3rd QTR....thank gawd for the commercials!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Denver deserves more but at this point .... talk to friends and what's to eat an drink !!
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Pescador wrote:Having some grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos on 100% maize tortillas and some homemade tartar sauce. Not much of a drinker, but might have a cerveza . Beer cheers

Sent you a PM.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Jim W wrote: "It could be a great game or it could be a blowout if Seattle's defense shuts Manning down." "  

Now that's going out on the projection limb MC? Who's Not Rooting For Denver? - Page 3 661816 

MainecoonsShare Holder
Share Holder

You were saying, Jim?

mariachi 
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.  Nothing like a namby-pamby prediction when attempting to be correct in any case.  Could we have learned a lesson from your prior RE projections?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 pm

gobluejohn wrote:Ouch is an understatement!!!  It sucks that CTV won't show super bowl ads booooo

Shaw Direct also provided Super Bowl Feeds from Seattle, Spokane and Detroit (Fox Station) in SD and from Seattle and Detroit on other channels that were in HDTV with the US commercials only.

So there were at least 5 Shaw Direct Channels that carried all of the US commercials. We watched the Seattle HD feed on Seattle Channel 13 Fox and enjoyed both the results of the game and all of the US commercials. There is still coverage as I Type this on the Seattle fox station 13
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:39 pm

What was with the Faux Sports audio feed?  While the live feed from the game was often marginal, the audio from the award presentation after the game was horrid!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
Jim W wrote: "It could be a great game or it could be a blowout if Seattle's defense shuts Manning down." "  

Now that's going out on the projection limb MC? Who's Not Rooting For Denver? - Page 3 661816 

MainecoonsShare Holder
Share Holder

You were saying, Jim?

I stand by it MC.....one of us must be confused?  

mariachi 

"It could be a great game or it could be a blowout if Seattle's defense shuts Manning down." "

Now that's going out on the projection limb MC?

I stand by it MC

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Denver was schooled in every way.

I was rooting for Seattle, but what a crap game to watch.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:54 pm

It should have been San Fran vs the Pats.
That game sucked so badly that I am glad that I had to miss most of the first half.
Now, if you want some great sports action, Union Ajijic futbol will have their next home games on the weekend of the 15th/16th.
Come on out and watch some kids who care about their sport  Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 am

Jim, point being my projection about the Seattle defense being the determining factor was right on. I never did understand how Denver could be favored in this game, particularly after watching the Seattle defense shut down San Francisco and their big, strong, mobile quarterback.

Maybe I didn't understand your point. I took it as you thought my projection was way out.

The game was a disappointment as it seems so many super bowls are. However, this year, I don't know of any AFC team that could handle that defense. They are just that dominating both in terms of pressuring the QB, stopping the run and covering the receivers.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:38 am

I'm a Seattle fan and I enjoyed the game.  It was fun seeing the Hawks defense shut down Denver.  Seattle had it all; the defense caused fumbles, made interceptions, and scored points, Special Teams scored, and the Offense scored.  What more could anyone ask?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 am

David wrote:I'm a Seattle fan and I enjoyed the game.  It was fun seeing the Hawks defense shut down Denver.  Seattle had it all; the defense caused fumbles, made interceptions, and scored points, Special Teams scored, and the Offense scored.  What more could anyone ask?

Yup, they really were awesome. Glad to see Malcolm Smith named MVP. But the whole defense could have been named. Pressured the QB, covered the receivers, stopped the run and dominated the line of scrimage. Just a total defensive coverage and shutdown of a powerful offense.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:51 am

MexicoPete wrote:
gobluejohn wrote:Ouch is an understatement!!!  It sucks that CTV won't show super bowl ads booooo

Shaw Direct also provided Super Bowl Feeds from Seattle, Spokane and Detroit (Fox Station) in SD and from Seattle and Detroit on other channels that were in HDTV with the US commercials only.

So there were at least 5 Shaw Direct Channels that carried all of the US commercials. We watched the Seattle HD feed on Seattle Channel 13 Fox and enjoyed both the results of the game and all of the US commercials. There is still coverage as I Type this on the Seattle fox station 13

Actually fox in Seattle comes from Tacoma I believe at least it does on my TV.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:55 am

David wrote:I'm a Seattle fan and I enjoyed the game.  It was fun seeing the Hawks defense shut down Denver.  Seattle had it all; the defense caused fumbles, made interceptions, and scored points, Special Teams scored, and the Offense scored.  What more could anyone ask?

Agreed. Folks you have to remember we have no basketball team and our Baseball team the Mariners would be capable of losing a 35 to zero game so understand this is a big deal for Seattle. My family was going nuts in Bellevue even my 84 year old Mom was watching and she normally only watches baseball. Big deal for Seattle area! Finally a winner!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:00 am

Another case of the pundits leading the public around by their collective noses!  While I am willing to give the Seahawks defense a certain amount of credit, the fact remains that the Broncos lost because of mistakes of their own making.  It wasn't the Seattle defense that forced the Bronco miscue to start the game or their failure to tackle on the opening play of the second half or a multitude of other bone headed plays throughout the game.  Fact is Denver wasn't mentally prepared nor did they show the professionalism that it takes to override the mental blow to the team when things started off on the wrong foot.  Their offense has relied on establishing their own tempo all season and they were out of sync from the moment the first hike sailed over Manning's head.  As for Denver's defense, they have given up big plays all year and relied on the offense to cover the points they have given away.

As a die hard Bronco's fan, the team weaknesses have been revealed and they have a good deal of work to do in the off season!  I am thankful for the fact that Pat Bowlen and John Elway will be fully committed to making the necessary changes!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

Actually fox in Seattle comes from Tacoma I believe at least it does on my TV.

Z
Here is an interesting paragraph Zed about Fox KCPQ from Wikipedia

"
KCPQ, channel 13, is a television station licensed to Tacoma, Washington, United States that serves as the Fox affiliate for the Seattle-Tacoma television market. The station is owned by the Tribune Broadcasting subsidiary of the Tribune Company, and is the sister station to MyNetworkTV affiliate KZJO (channel 22). The two stations share studio and office facilities on the west shore of Lake Union in Seattle's Westlake neighborhood, and KCPQ's transmitter is located on Gold Mountain in Bremerton, Washington.
KCPQ is one of five local Seattle television stations seen in Canada on satellite providers Bell TV and Shaw Direct. The station is also carried on several cable systems in southeastern Alaska

Oh and as a Seahawk fan. I know that we are good, but we are not that good. A lot of it was luck
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Good write up and photos on the game here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550749/Denver-Broncos-QB-Peyton-Manning-grounded-Seahawks-legion-boom-defense-43-8-Super-Bowl-loss-Seahawks.html

Seattle brought an unrelenting pass rush and swarming coverages that kept Manning's internal clock from ever developing a normal rhythm despite him completing a Super Bowl-record 33 passes.

'They haven’t played a defense that flies around like we do, that hits like we do, and we just do it every single play,' said linebacker Bobby Wagner. 'We figured that the longer and longer the game went, they were going to fall eventually.'

Manning never had a chance. Seattle coach Pete Carroll's defense knocked the Broncos all over the field and intercepted Manning twice in the first half, with Super Bowl MVP linebacker Malcolm Smith returning a pick 69 yards for a touchdown.

Agree!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

111.5 million people watched that game. Wow!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3