INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DISH TV add-on

+4
MexicoPete
CheenaGringo
LaChula
lucky
8 posters

Go down

DISH TV add-on Empty DISH TV add-on

Post by lucky Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:56 pm

This might belong in "Tech Talk" but not for me, so bear with me please.

i am considering moving into the downstairs part of a house where the upstairs "casita" has DISH satellite TV in the name of the renters. Is it possible to add another receiver downstairs so that i, too, can get the signal less expensively but can watch what i want to?

My upstairs neighbors have their DISH through a local provider and are not "piggy-backed" on anyone else's account and are willing to let me add another receiver.

Thanks for all the info you can give me....including how i do it.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

DISH TV add-on Empty Re: DISH TV add-on

Post by LaChula Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Be careful. DISH has cut off people who were sharing! Not sure how they know. That is why some local providers do not allow piggy-backing.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:40 pm

A great deal depends on: just which DISH receiver they have upstairs, how many TV's are currently hooked to the receiver and just how the house is wired? If they have a 2 TV receiver with two remotes and only one TV hooked to the receiver and if wiring from the dish is correct, then you should be able to be the second TV. If they have the "DISH Hopper" system, then you will have to have a separate "Joey" for the second TV.

No matter what you think you want to watch, your available channel list with be controlled by the package currently being paid for upstairs but you should be able to pick any channel from that programming list for your enjoyment.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 am

Also the programming comes from only some of the satellite dishes this far south. The last time I checked and the reason I gave DISH USA up was that much of the HD programming was on the Satellite at 129 degrees W. that we can not pick up down here.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 am

lucky wrote:This might belong in "Tech Talk" but not for me, so bear with me please.  

i am considering moving into the downstairs part of a house where the upstairs "casita" has DISH satellite TV in the name of the renters.  Is it possible to add another receiver downstairs so that i, too, can get the signal less expensively but can watch what i want to?  

My upstairs neighbors have their DISH through a local provider and are not "piggy-backed" on anyone else's account and are willing to let me add another receiver.  

Thanks for all the info you can give me....including how i do it.  

Your best bet is to contact the local provider to set up your neighbors' account.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks for all the input. Since i now know from you that it IS at least a possibility, i'll talk to the neighbors' service provider about the specifics.

Thanks again.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 am

Dish Mexico or Dish US
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Dish US.

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyco Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 am

Where DirecTV passes out bedroom boxes like candy, Dish pushes its customers to use single receivers that drive 2 TVs with a the "bedroom" remote control working on UHF frequencies - which have trouble penetrating more than one block wall. Dish also works to inhibit stacking by limiting the number of bedroom boxes on each account. Dish's system is designed to have each receiver connected back to their computers through phone/internet, which allows Dish to track locations of the boxes. If the receivers are not wired back to Dish, Dish charges extra surcharges. So, yes, it is possible to stack another receiver onto the account, but Dish aggressively works to block this process, which takes you back to the advice given above: Contact your local provider.

snowyco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down