INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hold 'Em or Double Down?

+10
texunsam
Mainecoons
espíritu del lago
viajero
Jim W
Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
CheenaGringo
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hold 'Em or Double Down? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hold 'Em or Double Down?

Post by Jim W Thu May 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Jim W wrote:Hold 'Em or Double Down? - Page 3 My_onc10

got timed out for edit  Hold 'Em or Double Down? - Page 3 477249 My oncologist wear's a hat daily...he is bald, never wears a hat in public, so k He loved my golf hat so I bought him one......never wears one in public so no one recognizes him.....lol.

We walked around the clinic today and showed the vain dudes, bald is beautiful....God made a few perfect heads, the rest have hair.....gawd I hate crackin myself up. The dudes were pasting hair down and looked like BOZO the clown!

Then he drops a new bomb today.....I have a 4 hour transfusion tomorrow, so no golf for Deb and I. Life is great....appreciate it while you can.

jim W

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Best of luck tomorrow and I hope you are back out on the golf course soonest!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 31, 2014 5:46 pm

All is good so far. I have a pulmonary embolism the surgeon would like to remove....says if it breaks loose again could kill me.......I say today? He says could be today, a couple years, no way to know....last time it happened my priest gave me last rites! I decided to take my chances, as the cancer is terminal! Feeling great and missing my Lakeside friends.

Something to think about for everyone......have you moved to Mexico planning on using their medical insurance, or NYL, Alliance etc? Have you taken the time to identify your hospital of choice? Do you have a bilingual advocate? Do you really believe the major medical insurance companies in Mexico will continue coverage @ a affordable rate when you hit 75-80?

Finally, this happened to me last week in Casa Grande. Oncologist calls says get to the hospital today for blood draw, type, match, etc. Your platelet count is 25 and you need 2 units stat. Be at the hospital tomorrow 9 AM for the infusion. I am anchored to the clinic 4 days per week.....trying to extend my life. I've had 10 chemo treatments, cost before medicare discounts $6400.00 USD EACH! Will continue til August when another Cat Scan will reveal whether it is working.

Just something to think about....long term medical planning wise! Hold 'Em or Double Down? - Page 3 851398 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 am

You sound upbeat! I can't imagine how you can keep so positive! You are an inspiration!
You and your family are in my prayers. .
Take care and keep on keeping on!
Spirit.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:09 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:You sound upbeat!  I can't imagine how you can keep so positive!  You are an inspiration!  
You and your family are in my prayers. .
Take care and keep on keeping on!
Spirit.

Thank You espiritu for the positive support! Honestly, I went to some pretty dark places when I received the diagnosis. Just finished reading a book by Depak Chopra and it helps me stay in the "NOW". We have no control over past and future. The whole thing sucks, however, I have no control, so I am stuck with a bad hand. I am dealing with fear right now, and I will get thru it. My Oncologist tells me I have an excellent chance of making Christmas.....maybe longer! Honestly, good things come from bad situations. Now Deb and I communicate better, and we think before we say hurtful things.......unlike the past when there is always tomorrow to make nice......LOL!

Thanks again, and I hope we will be sharing posts again.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Jim,you're handling this very well,I hope can do the same when the time comes,you ought to treat yourself and Deb to a couple of rounds at Pebble Beach or something if you're feeling up to it.

Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Thank You, Chris, MexicoPete, Sideways, and Zed for the words of encouragement. I am amazed at the number of emotions one deals with in cases like this. Everything from fear, tears, anger, and poor little me. One goes into some pretty dark places! Finally decided that I would accept the prognosis and fight the best I can. Since I have 3 choices.....live in the past, future, or the now, and continue enjoying life. I've chosen the "NOW"

Otherwise one might as well pull out a gun, end it all and take the cowards way out.......I've opted to squeeze out the best, and continue to play golf 3 times a week. Actually enjoying life and the things I can control! Going in for a transfusion in the morning.....damn I hate those.....takes about 5 hours to receive 2 units. Hold 'Em or Double Down? - Page 3 633732 
LMAO,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:49 am

If you're still playing golf 3 times a week, you're in better shape than 90% of us old farts down here!

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Sideways wrote:If you're still playing golf 3 times a week, you're in better shape than 90% of us old farts down here!

Damn Sideways, we are all FOPS(freaking old people).....LMAO! 2 months ago I had a pulmonary embolism on the golf course.....should be gone now! Wasn't my time I guess! Still lovin life, tee off at 6 am tomorrow. Every day is a good day my friend!

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Update for my friends.......I appreciate your PM's and support!   Had a cat scan and eco cardiogram.   The infected lymph nodes are shrinking and calcifying aka dying.  There are no new lymph nodes infected.   The tumor lodged in my pulmonary artery is shrinking.  Bad news is they believe it is lung cancer, however my lungs are clear!

This is really a mind fuck for me!  Have 5 more chemo treatments planned...had 13 so far...hopefully the  lung issue will expose itself so we can remove it!   Oncologist says I am a difficult case as nothing makes sense......go figure?  He now gives me 12-18 months, however admits he hasn't a clue......he has forwarded my stats to the medical forum!

We hope to make a trip to Lakeside in September, fish with Mike, CB, Sunfan, and anyone else that wants to join the party!   Feeling great and loving life!

Beyond that, we hope to make a trip to Lakeside  and see everyone   maybe a BIG LUNCH PARTY.   Miss you all!

Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:34 am

September works for me Jim. Give me a bit of notice on exact dates and I will make all the arrangements with Humberto and company. Maybe a double header??
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

PERFECT.......Will do!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:21 pm

I was really concerned when we signed up for Medicare.....now signed up enrolled with blue  shield/ blue cross!   Cost in Arizona is $155.00 monthly!  No copay!  Estimated cost ytd is over $100,000.00   Now ZERO billed to me. 

My Oncologist has invited me to his home....he has installed a pitching, putting green, sand traps, for sand trap lessons, my Cardiologist, Dr. John Trotter has called 3 times to see how I am doing.......since miraculously I survived a Pulmonary Embolism! 

Just letting you all know the MD's  here still care!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:24 pm

mariachi 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 am

Jim I am glad to hear you're doing well! I'll keep you in my prayers. ..
Espiritu. .
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 pm

Wow, Bitch of a day.....gotta call from my Oncologist @ 3:50 PM yesterday, after playing golf and getting pool time......He says go to the Hospital STAT!   You need a transfusion, and your white cell count is 0.8....wear a mask or pick one up at our office.   So I went to the hospital, fortunately only a 15 minute drive, for blood type and match, had a 2 unit transfusion, which takes approx., 6 hours, this morning. 

Originally, they gave me 6 months, now 12 to 18 months.......3% make it 5 years with my cancer.....I am going for the 5 plus years, cause I truly value life now!  

My new goal is to follow Hockables guidance. PISS THE WORLD OFF 1 PERSON AT A TIME.......Thanks Hocks......see you all around the 10th of September.

Fishing with CB, my son, sunfan, Mike, and a newbie!  Still counting the weeks! Beer  Beer  Beer  Beer  Beer  Beer

I also want to thank all of my friends on this board for your positive posts and PM's!   As of now this cancer can't be beaten.....BUT, I will give it a hell of a run!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:09 pm

You give it hell, Jim! I look forward to having lunch with you in September.

hugs,
LOL
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Thank You Lady O!  Looking forward to it!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Just wanted to let you know that John and I are still rooting for you. When you visit next month I would love to bake a cheesecake for you.....I know you prefer Costco Hold 'Em or Double Down? - Page 3 477249  And that is OKAY with me. Take care & happy golfing and fishing!
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks Barbie, will try to contact you when we arrive.....BTW.....were you happy with the eight tracks?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 am

Oh yes, since our current vehicle is 23 years old that is the only type of media that we can use. ;)
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Just wanted to make sure they worked Barbi. Beer Beer 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Just an update......I have 2 more chemo treatments scheduled, and have neuropathy in my feet.....result of aggressive chemo treatment.   I can deal with this.  I don't want to die an have a new appreciation of life!  My Oncologist says I am doing great, but, their is no cure, we are working hard to extend your quality of life!    Originally thought I was winning,,......now delaying the inevitable!   Looking forward to seeing everyone......hopefully not for the last time!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Jim, I hope you get to make many more trips down here. I love your willingness to live your life well for as long as you can.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Very Happy Thank You Lady O!    Just want to share a little about technology advances.   Since I have never known anyone with terminal cancer I will show my ignorance.   After diagnosis the Oncologist scheduled me for a PORT to be implanted approximately 4 inches below my collar bone.  He explained he would put me under, make a impression in the flesh, put the port in and run a line to the blue vein.  All chemo, blood draws, injections done through the port.   Everything would run from the blue vein, through the heart for oxygen... and run thru the liver....making the trip thru the body.   Whole thing was painless, but, also fascinating!  Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 pm

And, the best part: no endless punctures in your skin as they inject and draw out all that stuff.
The advances in cancer treatment in general and chemo specifically are amazing. I know that sometimes it takes everything you have to do it but most weeks you have been able to keep up your golfing.  Thumbs up 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next