INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

they are coming down !!

+22
brigitte
zenwoodle
mielicita
Rosa Venus
Jeff Raybourne
Jerry00
itsme
Zedinmexico
slainte39
kipissippi
Playaboy
CheenaGringo
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
Sideways
Seventyseven
arbon
elizabeth63
Mainecoons
gringal
viajero
hickton
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

they are coming down !! - Page 4 Empty Re: they are coming down !!

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:32 am

theres not been any information from la floresta. nothing. was a unilateral descion , no attempt to speak or inform those who are affected.
the facts are
they are illegal, they have to come down, source, municipio Chapala. also stated in guadalara reporter.
they are an annoyance . im still very happy. its not the end of the world, but as I said before what would you do if you had the same problem in your country ? you would at least complain. its the same here. we were specifically asked by Mexican authorities to provide petitons, don't know why, but we have done it. and signed in the large majority by Mexicans, who live on the affected street and close surroundings.
this is not a gringo thing. as to wether any payment has been made is a gringo assumption, and should not be discussed openly. there is no evidence of this, and is totally wrong to tar every politico or official with the same brush, but we are not naive. we will continue to pressure the president and his staff to remove the barriers as soon as possible. this is a quote from a Mexican neighbor !!
hopefully the same people who took them down after the party last week return !! I for one will buy them a beer or three!!

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:37 am

brigitte wrote:If blocking the road is so bad for the villages at either end the people living at either end will take care of the barriers. People do not have to go that way as the carretera is open , frankly I do not see the big deal..so youe backway to Superlake is blocked, just go the other way .
Eventually the barriers will go down because they do not make sense just like some topes get demolished the barriers will go away..just wait and take the caretera meanwhile.
unfortunately you don't seemed to have grasped the problems, where they are located, and the times they are closed, access for emergency services. etc etc. its all posted on here..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:37 am

Seventyseven wrote:Jeff, One can live here and marry a Mexican but still be naive. There was a time when there was no highway going to Guad. People had to drive thru Chapala, it was not a big deal. Also we do not know how many residents of Floresta signed their own petition and had meetings themselves. There are details here which people are not aware of. Cheena Gringo, Perhaps you might want to go to Octagon, this topic is an important one for people who live here.

i suspect the below sig line does not apply to jeff but maybe a 77 or a bennie/susan? it's not important to those of us that don't live there directly or seldom visit. how many people actually live there and what percentage have moaned about it? jist fer fun-how many mexicans are on these boards moaning?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:50 am

hickton The GR? Look at the source, that's a joke. Legal or illegal is not your business. The petitions are not working, City Hall is not making the final decision. As an expat, you are not supposed to get involved with government affairs. Let your Mexican friends do that. Regardless, they themselves may not have that much power. You are naive, why would anyone ask you YOUR opinion? Who are you? This is why I say you are naive. The barriers were put in place by high powered Floresta residents. Yes, I can speak about this openly.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:51 am

most Mexicans are unaware of these boards. many, the majority of my neighbours don't speak English, and have absolutely no interest in the short comings of a few bad tempered gringos. to be honest neither have I.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:55 am

Pedro, I have read few comments from expat Floresta residents. Hint! Plus the workers are not done with the project.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:58 am

When I lived in Ajijic, I would often ride my bicycle down Camino Real precisely because of the lack of traffic on that street...even in the daytime. Closing the gates at night will only affect a very few people. While I agree that a public street should remain public, I object to all this overblown whining by a handful of people who are only slightly inconvenienced.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Seventyseven wrote: As an expat, you are not supposed to get involved with government affairs.

Not so....everyone that lives here has to be involved in government affairs as part of the civilized society.
It's POLITICAL AFFAIRS, that are verboten. There is obviously a big difference between government affairs, such as procuring a driver's license, and poitical affairs, such as actively campaigning for a candidate.
.....unless you are terribly naive.

I also should have said....as pertaining to foreigners.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 pm

If you become a troublemaker, than you have problems. (Trust me on this one, I have seen it bigtime). The officials do not like busy bodies, they are a pain in the neck. You are delusional in a way. Then again, it is your freedom to pursue your complaints. Hector is the person who should be doing that, IMO.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16 pm

77 seems well connected !! I suggest she speak to the government officials her self to verify what we were told directly from them, and not from gr. please read my posts correctly !! please get you facts right about political interference , and the other comments you post. this is how rumors and scaremongering start. naïve moi ??
I will not respond to your insults. have a nice life !!

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:30 pm

slainte39 wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:Please explain the difference between a statement of fact and a personal attack.

Everything is a personal attack....open your mouth....disagree....shoot the messenger.... Rolling Eyes

I'll let you answer your own question.  See if you can find one part of his post that addresses the topic instead of the other poster.  Just like yours on the other thread.

Well 77 - you have proven not to have gained any intelligence during your sabbatical! I know people who don't even have a GED who can write in a fashion that shows greater intelligence and grasp of the English language than you exhibit in your posts. Talk about being totally clueless!

Good luck.   razberry

Last edited by Mainecoons on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Hickton, I have been living in Ajijic for 13 years so I have an idea about that road from Ajijic to San Antonio. I walk it often because there is almost no traffic.
If one want to go from Ajijic to San Antonio we can go via the carretera so it is not true it is a "major" problem for emergency.

I do agree that an old public Hwy should not be taken over by a few people but I also suspect that this take over will not be a long term take over as nothing ever sticks for very long down here.

The all thing is a tempest in a teapot.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:10 pm

seventyseven/susan/bennie,you're making progress,using caps and not referring to Mexicans as "grape pickers",etc.which is what got you banned from this forum the last time.  cheers.
Hicton,have you re-thought your policy of not leaving a tip at restaurants unless the waiter does something "especial"for you?
Playaboy,are you still convinced that Mexico is on the verge of revolution like you stated on Mexconnect?
Sorry for getting off topic but sometimes knowing a little bit about background of the participants in a thread can be useful.

Last edited by viajero on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:22 pm

wow, now we have an amateur psychologist on here ...!!! no I haven't..i haven't got time for these idiotic and childish games. I just post the facts for other people to be aware and not to be insulted by dimwits, who cant read or think logically. I really thought the north American education system was better, but seems I was mistaken..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:28 pm

hickton wrote: no I haven't.
Well,you should, only a clueless cheap sob doesn't tip waiters.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:34 pm

i do tip., just not to the ridiculous extreme that americans seem obliged to. you have your culture don't force it on me. end of.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Raybourne Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:39 pm

hickton wrote:i do tip., just not to the ridiculous extreme that americans seem obliged to. you have your culture don't force it on me. end of.

How about respecting the local culture?

Jeff Raybourne
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Restaurants in San Cristobal are now adding a 10% tip to the bill and tell you you do not have to go by that amount so it seems that the 10% is what is expected. If you consider that the meals are cheaper here, it is not a whole lot out of anyone´s pocket and stiffing the waiters who do not make much money is pretty low even if the service is not perfect ...It is up to each person to go up from there.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:50 pm

hickton wrote:i do tip., just not to the ridiculous extreme that americans seem obliged to. you have your culture don't force it on me. end of.
Does this ring a bell?It's your quote.
"A waiter is paid to serve food and drink,unless he does something especial.no tip.simple."

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:Please explain the difference between a statement of fact and a personal attack.

Everything is a personal attack....open your mouth....disagree....shoot the messenger.... Rolling Eyes

I'll let you answer your own question.  See if you can find one part of his post that addresses the topic instead of the other poster.  Just like yours on the other thread.

Well 77 - you have proven not to have gained any intelligence during your sabbatical! I know people who don't even have a GED who can write in a fashion that shows greater intelligence and grasp of the English language than you exhibit in your posts. Talk about being totally clueless!

Good luck.   razberry

Since my quote was the last in the first part of your post......What question??  I don't have a question. It was CG's quote that had a question, and your "just like yours on the other thread", is referring to whom?

You should straighten out your posts before you tackle straightening out General Motors.

Now I'll give you a question.....Why are you still carrying on about this????

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Slainte:

Can I take a guess? Does "being in control" and "having the last word" work for you?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:17 pm

THE LAST WORD!   Sleep 
 lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:25 pm

(GATES) Hickton, I believe every word that the officals in Chapala have said. Why? I have been here long enough. Yes, i know it is ILLegal. So??? (suggestion forum: Delete part of this thread that is off topic. Move to Octagon, then you can discuss tipping waiters & other non issues. It would not serve members to have the this locked. New developements will arise. Trust me on that one too).

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Seventyseven wrote:(GATES) Hickton, I believe every word that the officals in Chapala have said. Why? I have been here long enough. Yes, i know it is ILLegal. So??? (suggestion forum: Delete part of this thread that is off topic. Move to Octagon, then you can discuss tipping waiters & other non issues. It would not serve members to have the this locked. New developements will arise. Trust me on that one too).

Are you throwing your disguise to the wind????   lol! 
This is a "bennie" 1,2, or 3 post, if I ever saw one.
Can you hear someone calling you on TOB....."bennie"...."bennie"...."won't you come home"     they are coming down !! - Page 4 851398

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Smartalex wrote:When I lived in Ajijic, I would often ride my bicycle down Camino Real precisely because of the lack of traffic on that street...even in the daytime. Closing the gates at night will only affect a very few people. While I agree that a public street should remain public, I object to all this overblown whining by a handful of people who are only slightly inconvenienced.

Amen
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:55 pm

"While I agree that a public street should remain public.." (Martygraw)

You are describing those who have made their objections to the barriers as "whiners".......which if you think about it, is downright insulting and dismissive....which we really don't need in any discussion,  but do you think we can at least agree on your above statement and be done with it?  Every point of view has been discussed and cussed by now.

Short of some vigilante going in there with a tank and doing the do sans permits, we're going to just have to wait and see anyway Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next