INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire!

5 posters

Go down

Fire! Empty Fire!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 am

I live in Fracc. Agua Escondida. It is mountainous with undergrowth and the trees are primarily varieties of pine and eucalyptus. Yesterday there was a stiff breeze from the west and a fire began in the very dry underbrush and very quickly was out of control in it's path to the east. A palapa went up is 30 meter flames as did tree tops. Smoke dense in the area and fire fighters, including from Chapala and other communities, appeared coming out of the smoke like ghosts.

My neighbor and I were told to go. My dogs were terrified and it was an epic struggle to get them out of the house and into the car. The electricity went out negating the value of my pressure pump and hose. I was pretty sure that the fire would go around my house and it did. Returned in an hour. The fire had come up to my lot line. Trees were falling all night in the dark. Took the dogs out for an evening stroll and pockets of embers were abundant. Three years ago we had a similar event but without the wind. It was an intresting experience ---- again.

Back to top Go down

Fire! Empty Re: Fire!

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 am

Anyone who has lived in wildfire prone areas knows just how you feel. My heart started beating faster just reading your post. I am glad everything turned out okay. God bless firefighters!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickenLittle Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:48 pm

I am so thankful you and your dogs are safe. What a terrifying experience.
ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:03 am

[  Three years ago we had a similar event but without the wind. It was an intresting experience ---- again.[/quote]

I remember being at your house after that fire a few years ago. It looked like the end of the world and I could not believe how extensive the fire path was. I am so happy to know that it didn't damage your house and that you and the dogs are safe. I can just picture what it must look like after this recent fire and I am so thankful that you are all safe. Take care my friend, stay safe.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:21 am

I too am glad you're safe...
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 am

On our way to the airport last night there was a big fire that we could see 1/2 way between you and the airport, you could really see it since it was dusk.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down