INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Must see video - honest

+14
Mainecoons
viajero
lobita
Lady Otter Latté
Pedro
Smartalex
sundown
jrm30655
zenwoodle
CheenaGringo
espíritu del lago
Trailrunner
gringal
Flamingo
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Must see video - honest Empty Must see video - honest

Post by Flamingo Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:58 pm

I know, I know. Global warming blah, blah, blah. This Youtube is a preview for a Showtime series called "Years of Living Dangerously". You really want to watch this video. And if you have Showtime, watch the whole series.

“Years Of Living Dangerously” is going to be a very big show. It premieres Sunday on Showtime, April 13 at 10PM EDT/PDT.

Here’s the panel discussion:

Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Must see video - honest Empty Re: Must see video - honest

Post by gringal Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Sadly, I don't have Showtime.
I'd like to think that it's clear to most thinking people that the population of the world in at least the last century has been behaving like a person who spends his/her paycheck over the weekend, not considering the rest of the week.  I suspect the Earth will be close to uninhabitable before our great great grandkids are grown.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks long legged pink bird! I'll watch these tonight.

I'm totally on the same page with you guys. I'll even take it a step farther and say it's over. It's too late. I have been thinking this for the last few years and then I read this:

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2008/mar/01/scienceofclimatechange.climatechange
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Turn off the tv and cut your carbon footprint and quit wasting bandwidth complaining about it.

Dead Horse Must see video - honest 661816  You could start there..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

No offence meant, but that, Espiritu, is suggesting that a drop of water will help a drought stricken field.  
I'd like to think our small efforts will help, but meanwhile, I have to agree with the British doomsayer:  it's too late.

Many of us were born at a time when the good times rolled and nobody even thought of the price to be paid in the future.  Put the top down on the Mustang, gun those 8 cylinders, turn up the A/C and head on down to the beach party.  Surf's up!  Later, we'll build a big bonfire and down those cans of beer.  The future was bright; lots of jobs and all you needed was to work hard and someday, the company would give you a pension.  Hey la de la de lo.

Meanwhile, just try to find a paper bag to put your veggies in at Walmart. Or any other store.

And also meanwhile, maybe more technology will actually save the planet and happily, the naysayers and their great grandchildren will live long and prosper. Maybe everyone will get their electricity from the sun. Right now, you need more than a few extra bucks to do that.............but it's more useful than turning off the TV alone.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Forty-four years ago, I had a premonition that this would happen and didn't wish to answer to kids or grandkids or have them lay a guilt trip on me. So a simple snip snip did the trick. Life is good not having to answer to a related younger generation!!!!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:59 pm

I wrote a well thought out reply and it disappeared. .

Enjoy the HBO special and I'll be BBQ ing and  pulling weeds from my organic garden w/ no pesticides awaiting the fruits of my labor. .

Beer
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Where's the black plague when you really need it?  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 pm

zenwoodle wrote:Where's the black plague when you really need it?  Beer 

The Black Plague showed up about the time of the Maunder Minimum when the earths temperature dropped about 5-7 degrees C, the crops failed and the grain brought in from Asia brought the rats that brought the fleas that brought the plague.......

Before the Maunder Minimum, around 1000AD, the earth was hotter by about 2 degrees C and everyone was having a fine old time. Crop years were longer, more food was produced and the population grew at a good rate.

Then about 1300, for reasons unknown, the temperature dropped fairly drastically and quickly and people starved to death because of crop failures. They imported grains to Europe which brought the plague and 25-40% of the people died.

Now, we have a bunch of "scientists", living on government grants, saying that the world will be 2 degrees C hotter in a century (the same bunch that cannot forecast weather accurately 7 days in advance or explain why the earth has cooled for the past 17 years) and claiming that everyone is either going to die of heat or drown because of rising sea levels. Why didn't this happen in 1000AD?

They are the children of the same "scientists" that in 1975 were warning of the coming ice age.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Almost all of the grants are given by the Gov't which promotes
"global Warming". If an applicant is to get any money, they must support this POLITICAL CAUSE!
It is another "Feel Good" cause to take money from the Taxpayer and
award to the followers of the Liberal Party
Yes this is Political ^ post should be deleted, but since it was allowed , I participated.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 pm

"Some of these people are so stupid, they actually believe in global cooling." --James Carville
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:02 pm

jrm30655 wrote:
zenwoodle wrote:Where's the black plague when you really need it?  Beer 

The Black Plague showed up about the time of the Maunder Minimum when the earths temperature dropped about 5-7 degrees C, the crops failed and the grain brought in from Asia brought the rats that brought the fleas that brought the plague.......

Before the Maunder Minimum, around 1000AD, the earth was hotter by about 2 degrees C and everyone was having a fine old time.  Crop years were longer, more food was produced and the population grew at a good rate.

Then about 1300, for reasons unknown, the temperature dropped fairly drastically and quickly and people starved to death because of crop failures.  They imported grains to Europe which brought the plague and 25-40% of the people died.

Now, we have a bunch of "scientists", living on government grants, saying that the world will be 2 degrees C hotter in a century (the same bunch that cannot forecast weather accurately 7 days in advance or explain why the earth has cooled for the past 17 years) and claiming that everyone is either going to die of heat or drown because of rising sea levels.  Why didn't this happen in 1000AD?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly. .. nailed it... cheers  Beer 

They are the children of the same "scientists" that in 1975 were warning of the coming ice age.

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:10 pm

March on Sundown! Has it even dawned on you that no matter which side of this issue or for that matter any other issue, a responsible backer of any cause is obligated to review various media sources and scientific documents before the closing of what should have started as an open mind?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:06 pm

The "scientists" are the ones writing peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals. The climate change deniers don't put their views in scientific articles because they know their findings would be disputed and shown to have no validity. Instead they prance around on TV and radio shows where no one asks hard questions.

Per James Lawrence Powell:
My previous study, of the peer-reviewed literature from 1991 through Nov. 12, 2012, found 13,950 articles on “global warming” or “global climate change.” Of those, I judged that only 24 explicitly rejected the theory of man-made global warming.

I have brought my previous study up-to-date by reviewing peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals over the period from Nov. 12, 2012 through December 31, 2013. I found 2,258 articles, written by a total of 9,136 authors. Only one article, by a single author in the Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, rejected man-made global warming.

DeSmog Blog
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:04 am

Use a little common sense. You can put everyone in the world in Texas and they couldn't touch each other if equally spaced out.

There is nowhere near enough people on earth to affect the climate in any way.

The earth is warming, it has been doing so since the bottom of the Maunder Minimum in about 1500. The warming started well before the industrial revolution and when the population was only 25% of today.

Thinking that mankind can influence the overall climate is like you going out on your patio at 7am, screaming at the top of your lungs and trying to convince me that you caused the sun to rise...

For 1000+ years, everyone thought that the sun went around the earth and people that thought otherwise were burnt at the stake as heretics. The fact that there are still a bunch of idiots around doesn't make man made global warming true.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 am

"The fact that there are still a bunch of idiots around doesn't make man made global warming true."

And your advanced degree is in what field??? Rolling Eyes 

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 am

lololol

Scientists be damned!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:29 am

we should all believe david suzuki, who's expertise is the study of fruit flies. that and a buck, will getcha a cuppa coffee-SNORK!
note: the dreaded global warming is no longer mentioned and is now referred to as climate change by the "expert" and no doubt multi-degreed "scientists".
regale us once more with yer vast expertise,trailrunner so's ya kin sell more books.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:45 am

Once again, Pedro demonstrates the value of a grade-school education.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 am

Smartalex wrote:Once again, Pedro demonstrates the value of a grade-school education.
canadian grade schools are equivalent to what you yanquis call colleges,not so smart alex.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

When trying to understand something complex with life-and-death implications for the entire planet, there is nothing like the opinions on a web board for scientific accuracy.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:41 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:When trying to understand something complex with life-and-death implications for the entire planet, there is nothing like the opinions on a web board for scientific accuracy.  

And that, folks, is the one "fact" we can put our trust in!
 lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Flamingo.

As far as some of the other statements made in this thread ... I boggle that such ignorance would be displayed with such apparent pride.
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:25 am

Look you're ignorant if you totally disbelieve, on the other side of the coin if you believe it the gospel and believe everything that is said your nieve. .

Do your part but for Christ's sake quit aggravating the hell out of people. .

Even skeptics do more than you imagine to better the world they live in...

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

espíritu del lago wrote: your nieve. .
Y tu nieve,de que sabor la quieres?

viajero
Share Holder