INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

+13
Mainecoons
Zedinmexico
granbo
lotusflower
zenwoodle
Lady Otter Latté
Ms.Thang
CheenaGringo
Rosa Venus
TrueBrit
CanuckBob
sparks
Axixic
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Empty Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 5:12 pm

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Sam_0510

...but I didn't know that, here in Mexico, cigarettes also come in packs of 18.

I knew about the "14" packs - but they are noticeably smaller and merchants charge proportionately less for them.

The "18" packs are EXACTLY the same size as the "20" packs and I was charged the same for this one as for a "20" pack.

Caveat emptor - Live and learn.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Empty Re: Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

Post by sparks Mon May 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Live and quit ..... por favor
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Empty Re: Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Never seen those before either. Perhaps they are counterfeit Marlboros?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 7:28 pm

You can buy single cigs at the games.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Bob - I don't think so - they tasted like the real thing. In fact, if they were counterfeit and charged appropriately less for that I would happily switch. My complaint is that they charged the same for 10% less quantity.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon May 19, 2014 9:08 pm

I've never seen the 18-pack before. Where did you buy them?

By the way, I think you can buy single cigs just about anywhere, including OXXO, though I doubt you have much choice of brand, obviously.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Singles? Just about everywhere.

I hesitate to mention the place. I don't mean to be coy but they may be doing something improper and I am reluctant to cast stones.

In Ajijic. Close to the Malecon. I think that's likely as far as I should go.

But I really don't think they were counterfeits. As I said, if they WERE and they charged 'counterfeit' prices I would be happy to become a regular customer.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Back prior to getting religion and quitting for probably the 50th time, I use to buy the 25 packs of Marlboro Reds.  That way I could still claim to only smoke a pack a day!

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... <a href=Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Marlbo10" />

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:23 pm

sparks wrote:Live and quit ..... por favor

Not gonna happen.

Live your life. Do as you please. Allow me the same.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:25 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Back prior to getting religion and quitting for probably the 50th time, I use to buy the 25 packs of Marlboro Reds.  That way I could still claim to only smoke a pack a day!

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... <a href=Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Marlbo10" />

Cowboy killers.

Cool.

(Actually, 25 packs are the STANDARD in Canada.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon May 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Where did you get that image AxiXic? Did you take it yourself? Because I looked (briefly) and Mr. Google gots nothin on Marlboro with 18 cigs in English or Spanish. So that is wierd. How much do cigs cost here anyway?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Ms. Thang - yes, I took the pic myself, cropped out the offensive "warning" images, and added the arrows to point out the differences in labeling.

Photoshop is your friend.

Marlboro Blanco - MX$ 45.00 per pack, generally.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Wow! When my dad sent me to the store to get him a pack of cigs, he gave me 50 cents so I could get myself a candy bar too--and I came back with change. I am a lot older than I thought.  Shocked 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Wiki says that organized crime makes those bootleg cigs and you shouldn´t smoke them because they might have poop or something on them.

shouldn´t they have a tax stamp if they are for realz?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm

LOL - my mom used to send me to the store with a dollar to get a pack of cigs (Player's filter - 25 pack), a quart of milk and a loaf of bread. If I went to the closest store, that meant I had a nickel left over for myself. If I walked further to the NEXT closest store, I got a dime.

You could buy a LOT of candy with a dime.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Wiki says that organized crime makes those bootleg cigs and you shouldn´t smoke them because they might have poop or something on them.

shouldn´t they have a tax stamp if they are for realz?

Tax stamp? In Mexico?? What are YOU smoking?
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 19, 2014 10:01 pm

I remember $110 MXN per carton at Paz back when the exchange rate was 1 for 10.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon May 19, 2014 10:02 pm

They have a tax stamp when you buy them en el otro lado...here not so much, I guess.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Mercado on the Carretera - carton of Marlboro Blanco - MX$ 416 - today.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Here you go on fake vs real:
Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... <a href=Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Real-v10" />

And have you spotted these yet?
Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... <a href=Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Mariju10" />

http://abriluno.com/phillip-morris-introduces-marlboro-marijuana-cigarettes/

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Here you go on fake vs real:
Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... <a href=Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Real-v10" />

And have you spotted these yet?
Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... <a href=Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... Mariju10" />

http://abriluno.com/phillip-morris-introduces-marlboro-marijuana-cigarettes/

Well, as I said - if they were fake and appropriately priced - no problem. I could not tell the difference and would be a happy customer.

The "green" cigs? Just not my thing. Have at ye. I have no criticism - do as you please.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 10:28 pm

2 words.
Slow learners. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 10:30 pm

2 words.

Inappropriate judgement.

But hey, who am I to say?

Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Axixic wrote:2 words.

Inappropriate judgement.

A slow learner.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Mon May 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Axixic wrote:2 words.

Inappropriate judgement.

You smoke. I guess you didn't get the memo.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next