INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

+13
Mainecoons
Zedinmexico
granbo
lotusflower
zenwoodle
Lady Otter Latté
Ms.Thang
CheenaGringo
Rosa Venus
TrueBrit
CanuckBob
sparks
Axixic
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... - Page 2 Empty Re: Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

Post by lotusflower Mon May 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Axixic wrote:2 words.

Inappropriate judgement.

But hey, who am I to say?

You smoke. I guess you didn't get the memo.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... - Page 2 Empty Re: Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this...

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 10:37 pm

zenwoodle wrote:
A slow learner.

Maybe.

But not one so enamored of his own opinion that he passes judgement on others.

I was quick enough to figure that out LONG ago.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 10:39 pm

lotusflower wrote:

You smoke. I guess you didn't get the memo.

Nope.

Got the memo.

Filed it appropriately.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Axixic wrote:
zenwoodle wrote:
A slow learner.

Maybe.

But not one so enamored of his own opinion that he passes judgement on others.

I was quick enough to figure that out LONG ago.
Buried too many friends, have too many on oxygen for life, have too much left to live for.
Do it your way, just do not complain about the price.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 10:48 pm

zenwoodle wrote:
Buried too many friends, have too many on oxygen for life, have too much left to live for.
Do it your way, just do not complain about the price.

Bullshit.

I was NOT complaining about the price; I was complaining about a blatant rip-off. Of being charged the same thing for an item that contained 10% less product. I don't care if you have COPD up the ying-yang and you are the Father of Lung Cancer YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ME.

PERIOD.

FULL STOP.

END OF THOUGHT.

You are being sanctimonious and you ARE NOT ENTITLED.

Sell that shit to the tourists.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Oops. Touched a nerve did I. I am not judging you. Just saying that you are a slow learner.
I quit smoking when my wife became pregnant 35 years ago.
If you want to keep digging your own grave, then, by all means, go ahead.
Getting short changed on a product is just the way of life today.
ALL products are packaged in smaller lots for the same price today.
Including, but not limited to, smokes.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Yes, you touched a nerve. It gets under my skin when people think they are entitled to pass judgement on other people for the choices they make.

I'm funny that way.

Let's see - you quit smoking when your wife became pregnant... well now, how selfish are you to bring a child into a world with dwindling resources and few prospects?  

Thirty-five years ago? That was 1979. We were all well aware of the state of the environment and the prospects for the future in 1979. Yet you chose to satisfy your ego by reproducing at a time when you knew you were condemning your progeny to a life of "less than" and at the expense of others. How selfish were you?

How does that feel?

You think I am entitled to think and say such things? Do you? Because I'm not. Saying such things is completely out of line. You know why? Because it is passing judgement on the decisions of others without full knowledge of the facts and truth of the factors of their decisions.

Sound familiar?

Grow the (deleted by mod) up.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... - Page 2 Empty Late for the party...

Post by granbo Tue May 20, 2014 6:37 am

Axixic, apparently it was bad judgement on your behalf thinking you could garner support and perhaps sympathy posting your outrage that Marlboro is cheating you out of two cigarros.
Not sure if you’re late for the party but according to the Darwin principle your will certainly be leaving early.   Thank you for smoking.
 Smokealot

granbo

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 20, 2014 7:04 am

Proving once again that ex-smokers can be the most sanctimonious people on the face of this planet!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 20, 2014 7:42 am

Be nice folks.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue May 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Not all smokers get lung (or any other) cancer. Some people who never smoke do get lung cancer. I had a friend who smoked every day of her life from when she was 17 until she died peacefully in her sleep at 95. No cancer, no lung disease.
I would rather sit at a table with a smoker than with someone who is sanctimoniously sermonizing.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 20, 2014 1:31 pm

I am a smoker and I can certainly understand how non-smokers don't want to be breathing second hand smoke in public places HOWEVER if smoking is allowed in certain places (which isn't many anymore) then they should not bitch about it if they choose to go there.. They should go elsewhere.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue May 20, 2014 5:00 pm

They've gotten so nutty NOB that now they're trying to ban smoking outdoors.

I don't smoke although I enjoy an occasional stogie. I view much of this anti-smoking hysteria the same way I view all the rest of the government repression these days. I'm sick of it. These control freaks don't know when to stop.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Face facts, being anti-smoking is politically correct in many circles and when people think they have a majority behind them, they really feel empowered.  Not sure to what extent but I did read that they have banned smoking on some beaches in California.  I can honestly say that in the last 10 years I was more considerate and more respectful of those who chose not to smoke but that was by my choice and not because of any type of pressure.  It may change but for the present smelling smoke doesn't bother me one bit either way.  I can certainly understand why smokers get defensive and will continue to believe that some/many ex-smokers are the epitome of holier than thou!  They conveniently forget that they probably irritated a number of non-smokers when they smoked but it isn't "like finding Jesus" when you are in trouble with the law!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Tue May 20, 2014 10:38 pm

I must admit that I don't like the taste of Marlborough with my lunch -- even if it's outdoors. Even when I smoked I tried to be respectful and didn't smoke on patios unless others next to me were as well.

It's such a ridiculously addictive habit, but it's enjoyable -- a really tough habit to break. I still indulge occasionally myself, but I've mostly quit. Those nicotine patches helped me a lot ...and much cheaper in Mexico. Just get the right dosage for your level smoking.

You do feel so much better not smoking. Try it for a month. You will see your ability to jog and walk for long distances will have increased and food tastes so much better.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 21, 2014 7:44 am

The PC ex smoker I love is the one who starts coughing when they see someone smoking when they are upwind. Does anybody else find Mexican smokes smell a little bit better than gringo smokes? I find bad cheap overused perfume to smell as bad as smokes. We all have our bad habits at one time or another.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed May 21, 2014 9:12 am

We are all old enough to remember when smoking was considered cool.  Cigarettes smoking was endorsed by athletes.  Johnny Carson had a cigarette burning every night on the Tonight Show.  In the movies the actors lit one up at the end of the sex scene.

In more and more places it is becoming illegal to smoke.  First it was restaurants, than offices, now it is even outdoors at the beach and parks.  In the next decade or two, governments will make tobacco illegal.

OTOH, you are now allowed to roll another joint in States NOB.   Government laws are changing there too.  More and more places will be legal soon.  Ironic??

As the World Turns

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed May 21, 2014 10:01 am

Yeah, let's have a war on tobacco. Their war on drugs is so, so successful.

1984 is arriving, it is just a little later than planned.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed May 21, 2014 10:12 am

On this thread at least the people who choose to smoke also choose not to have children, but can they still have normal sex?

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone else already knows this... - Page 2 _44084705_impotence
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 am

arbon wrote:On this thread at least the people who choose to smoke also choose not to have children, but can they still have normal sex?
How do you,arbon,define "normal sex" ?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed May 21, 2014 10:42 am

Standing up in a canoe, or in Mexico a hammock. Eh

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu May 22, 2014 5:54 am

Axixic wrote:
zenwoodle wrote:
Do it your way, just do not complain about the price.

Bullshit.

I was NOT complaining about the price; I was complaining about a blatant rip-off. Of being charged the same thing for an item that contained 10% less product. I don't care if you have COPD up the ying-yang and you are the Father of Lung Cancer YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ME.

PERIOD.

FULL STOP.

END OF THOUGHT.

Exactly and a good for you! I totally agree with you on this subject!

You are being sanctimonious and you ARE NOT ENTITLED.

Sell that shit to the tourists.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2