INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX

+2
Jerry00
Sherman
6 posters

Go down

US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX  Empty US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX

Post by Sherman Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:34 am

Can I used a State issued health certificate from any state in the US to bring a dog in to Mexico?

Seven years ago, i brought a dog in. Our vet completed a Dept of Ag health certificate from the State of Nevada, signed it, etc. and all was good for crossing the border. Then the health certificate was good for 30 days from the date it was signed.

I expect things have now changed. But, I want to know if people are still using the health certificates issued by the State governments, rather than the federal government / USDA? And, how long are the health certificates good?

Thanks ....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX  Empty Re: US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX

Post by Jerry00 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 am

When I drive across I just bring their resent shot records. Coming by air that might be a different story.

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX  Empty Re: US / State issued health certificates for brining a dog into MX

Post by TexMex Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:25 am

I have driven across the border many times with my dogs and have never once been asked for a certificate or anything else, neither on the MX or US side.
TexMex
TexMex

Back to top Go down

Post by Zea Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:35 am

When I drove across a year ago I used a letter from my vet (on letterhead) with a description of my dog, his health, and that he was free of parasites, up to date on vaccinations, etc. Also had with me his vaccination records. They barely glanced at the paperwork and were much more interested in whether I was bringing in illegal quantities of dogfood. I think if you're flying in the regulations are more strictly interpreted.

Zea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks much. Just what I needed!!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Sherman wrote:Thanks much.  Just what I needed!!
BIG difference between driving and flying. If you're flying in you need more information if you're driving you got good information.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 am

Free of parasites internal and external is the full buzz word they are looking for on health form.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down