INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key

4 posters

Go down

Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key Empty Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key

Post by gpyros Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:50 am

Any recommendations on a locksmith who can clone an electronically chipped car key? It is for a Vespa scooter, and very similar to a Fiat car key. It takes a reasonably sophisticated key cloning system to do it. I already have the key blank.

Any thoughts appreciated!
Thanks,
Greg
gpyros
gpyros

Back to top Go down

Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key Empty Re: Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key

Post by Canmex 87 Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 am

Aragon
Morelos # 172
Chapala
765-3252

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key Empty Re: Need a locksmith who can clone a chipped car key

Post by gpyros Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 am

Gracias!
gpyros
gpyros

Back to top Go down

Post by gpyros Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Just got back, they did a great job. Would definately use them for anything else.
gpyros
gpyros

Back to top Go down

Post by jle Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Can you tell us what the cost was? I need to have a copy of my key made also.

jle

Back to top Go down

Post by gpyros Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:57 pm

He charged $150 pesos because he said it was a difficult one to clone.  That was just for the cloning service , I already had the blank and had it cut before I went there.  I look at it like buying gasoline, you can complain all you want, but you pay whatever they ask.   Very Happy 

Greg
gpyros
gpyros

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Can Aragon do the keys with a chip for any vehicle? I had another locksmith say it was mandatory to go to the dealership in GDL, and cost would be about 650 pesos. YIKES! I left his shop with no key, and do still need a backup with the chip.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gpyros Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:03 pm

If he can do a Vespa, which I know to be a difficult one, I would guess that he can do just about any of them. Just take your car and key over there, if his machine can read the electronic key code, he can write it back out. If by any chance he can't, I'm sure he won't charge you for checking.

Greg
gpyros
gpyros

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:06 pm

I have the electronic key code. Will definitely check it out and report back. Thanks gypros.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down