INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real estate prices

+16
lobita
kipissippi
kiminmexico
RVGRINGO
Mainecoons
Fastfox
brigitte
hockables
juanrey
slainte39
viajero
Jim W
David
Pedro
CanuckBob
merry
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Real estate prices - Page 2 Empty Re: Real estate prices

Post by merry Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:29 pm

I found some good information about Mexico real estate prices, it looks to me like they are close to being stabilized:

Real estate prices - Page 2 Mexico-house-prices

SOURCE: http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Latin-America/Mexico/Price-History

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:56 pm

From everything I read, it is a buyer's market, so it is difficult for people to sell their homes. This make it crucial to get a good deal, otherwise one can end up in the same predicament.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:57 am

Some areas are being discounted more than others.  Jim's house is a real beauty, the problem is that Chapala Haciendas has gotten a poor reputation for security.  Across the road, Brisas reinstituted gate security and that is helping sales there.

I'd kill for Jim's pool table setup. What a party house!

We are told by people who are really up on this topic that our place has lost about 20 percent of value.  Ajijic houses continue to sell pretty well at least around us.  Always, in a down market, the houses that have some issue whether it be location or dated interiors, get discounted a lot more than those that have strong location, design and condition assets. Things are picking up, one of the long sitting places on our block has sold and the other may not be close behind.

I'm amazed that Jim's house hasn't sold, it has to be one of the nicest in the area.  Maybe the powers that be intend for Jim to fully recover and return home!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:11 am

Mainecoons wrote:Some areas are being discounted more than others.  Jim's house is a real beauty, the problem is that Chapala Haciendas has gotten a poor reputation for security.  Across the road, Brisas reinstituted gate security and that is helping sales there.

I'd kill for Jim's pool table setup.  What a party house!

We are told by people who are really up on this topic that our place has lost about 20 percent of value.  Ajijic houses continue to sell pretty well at least around us.  Always, in a down market, the houses that have some issue whether it be location or dated interiors, get discounted a lot more than those that have strong location, design and condition assets.  Things are picking up, one of the long sitting places on our block has sold and the other may not be close behind.

I'm amazed that Jim's house hasn't sold, it has to be one of the nicest in the area.  Maybe the powers that be intend for Jim to fully recover and return home!  

Thank You Mainecoons.....No one hopes to recover and return more than Deb and I.  It would be great if we could host another "Bored" meeting!   Just a side note, Haciendas has installed cameras on most streets.   Our home is very secure and we haven't even had an attempted break in since we purchased in 2005.  We have a view of the Lake from every room as well.   Priced at under $50.00 USD  sq. ft. is unheard of for quality construction, great view, with heated pool.

Hope to see everyone during my trip to Lakeside September 10th-23rd. Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:22 am

I haven't heard of any issues in CH for quite some time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 am

We have lowered our price from $292,000 USD to $220,000 and hate the thought of moving, but health and age are in the drivers seat. We live in Chapala Centro, but our living quarters are away from the streets and it is peaceful and quiet, with lots of space and greenery. You can see it here:
http://www.chapala.com/chapala/2001_300/glenn/glenn_home.html

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:45 pm

We just purchased a very nice place on a double lot with a salt water, solar heated pool for $160K in Upper Riberas. Love it. Prices are definitely down from '08 when we first started to look. Probably at least 40%.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Real estate prices - Page 2 Empty Home

Post by Fastfox Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:We have lowered our price from $292,000 USD to $220,000 and hate the thought of moving, but health and age are in the drivers seat. We live in Chapala Centro, but our living quarters are away from the streets and it is peaceful and quiet, with lots of space and greenery. You can see it here:

Very nice.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:34 pm

kiminmexico wrote:We just purchased a very nice place on a double lot with a salt water, solar heated pool for $160K in Upper Riberas. Love it. Prices are definitely down from '08 when we first started to look. Probably at least 40%.

Sounds great. How big is it? One or two story? How did you select the location?
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:36 pm

David wrote:You can't buy this climate anyplace in the USA where houses cost $130K.

Yes. That is true.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:42 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:We have lowered our price from $292,000 USD to $220,000 and hate the thought of moving, but health and age are in the drivers seat. We live in Chapala Centro, but our living quarters are away from the streets and it is peaceful and quiet, with lots of space and greenery. You can see it here:

Just wondering since you commented on health and age affecting your decision.  Do you feel that you could not get good health care as you age there or is it not wanting the responsibility of maintaining a home?  Please excuse me if this is too personal a question.  If so, then no need to answer.  I am wondering as we are also older and we could find ourselves in similar situation, so I am wondering if the conditions might be there for us as well and if we could end up having to move--an unpleasant thought.

Last edited by Fastfox on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : english correction)
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 pm

I can see myself moving back to Canada in 25 or so years (assuming I live that long in relatively good health) to be back with family and take advantage of the Canadian healthcare system in my "golden years". My hat is off to those Canadians who give up the medical and move down here in their 70's. Although I suppose if one has plenty of moolah and doesn't have to worry about paying out of pocket medical expenses down here then what's the diff. I just don't think I will have that much in 25 years....jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXWdcgPPxPM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a link to a walk thru of our home in the Haciendas.   We added solar heated pool, remodeled bathrooms and updated huge kitchen with Rosa Hardwood and granite.  3 car off street parking,  5300 sq. ft.  quality construction completed in 2002, purchased in 2005.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Good idea Jim. Your place is a bargain for sure. I'll miss those wild parties we had in your pool/party room.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Good idea Jim. Your place is a bargain for sure. I'll miss those wild parties we had in your pool/party room.

Bob, We will have a final BASH when it sells.   If my Medical situation changes, before it sells it will be off the market.  The Fiesta Room is kick ass!  

After looking at YOUTUBE compare it to  homes you are considering....BARGAIN PRICE $249,900 reduced from $339,900.   Low as I am going, just gives me more energy  to beat this stinking cancer so I can come home and be with my friends.

We will have more parties.....I am fighting for it Amigo!

Fish ON Beer  Beer  Beer  Beer  Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Jim W wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Good idea Jim. Your place is a bargain for sure. I'll miss those wild parties we had in your pool/party room.

Bob, We will have a final BASH when it sells.   If my Medical situation changes, before it sells it will be off the market.  The Fiesta Room is kick ass!  

After looking at YOUTUBE compare it to  homes you are considering....BARGAIN PRICE $249,900 reduced from $339,900.   Low as I am going, just gives me more energy  to beat this stinking cancer so I can come home and be with my friends.

So glad you said that...I haven't been able to make it to one yet....You NEED to hear some of my rowdy songs....Like Cowboys Wear Their Spurs to Bed ...and You're Not a Super Stud..Just my Shaggy Shetland Pony. My guitar goes everywhere I do.... So you need to get better..'cause it might take me awhile to come back down.

Auntie Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:28 pm

kipissippi wrote:
Jim W wrote:

So glad you said that...I haven't been able to make it to one yet....You NEED to hear some of my rowdy songs....Like Cowboys Wear Their Spurs to Bed ...and You're Not a Super Stud..Just my Shaggy Shetland Pony.  My guitar goes everywhere I do....  So you need to get better..'cause it might take me awhile to come back down.

Auntie Kippy

Damn Auntie Kippy, kicken it with you strumin it would be awesome! Beer  Beer  Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 pm

You betcha!! You hang in there and hang onto the house...and I'll paint you a mural with everyone in it.

Forgot to mention..the house is awesome!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 pm

kipissippi wrote:You betcha!!  You hang in there and hang onto the house...and I'll paint you a mural with everyone in it.

Forgot to mention..the house is awesome!

Thank You Auntie......House is awesome, friends are better......I'll be there.....You are welcome and I look forward to your STRUMIN!

I think we will get a Mariachi band again or get NOE as we did last time! Beer  Beer  Beer  Beer LIFE IS GOOD AND TO BE TREASURED!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:32 pm

I forgot to mention, we are a 2 car family as we have separate schedules!  We are 1 mile from Sorianas!

When it comes to crime I know that Chula Vista had over 40 breakins over a 30 day period, LaFloresta similar!   I would Shit stirring  never trash a Frac....just sharing info the Realtors won't!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Mariachis are good...Noe's better!! I LOVE harmonizing with him.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

Our reasons:
I have had multiple heart attacks and now have 8 stents.
I suffer from COPD and am unable to walk, even the length of our property, and must use oxygen part of each day. I am also losing my sight from multiple retina colapses and cannot drive, or even read much any more.
I have recently had most of my colon removed, etc.
My wife suffers greatly from arthritis, yet must do everything around the house, as I cannot any longer.
The medical care here has been absolutely fantastic and I do not look forward to the lower quality in the USA, but the VA and Medicare will help us to keep what little we have left. I cannot afford more hospitals and insurance is at its limit.
We do not have family ties NoB and really do not want to go; but we must, as the piggy bank has been broken.

Our house:
It has inside parking for 5 or more cars, from 2 streets. We also have 2.
There is a small pool which was a thermal pool years ago.
There is a casita for mother-in-law, visitors, rental, etc.
The property is large enough to be divided; the yard is that big.
We have solar hot water heating with gas back-up, not used in 2+ years.
Walk to everything within 3 blocks or less.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Jim and RV, I am sorry for your health difficulties, and I wish you both good luck in selling your homes. They are lovely; I only wish we could afford something like them!
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 pm

WOW RV.....that is also a very nice place and quite the bargain for the price you are asking.

Anyone looking to buy in Chapala would be crazy not to look at either of these places (Jim's & RV's). I know there is no way one could replicate either place for the money you guys are asking.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by FMercik Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Were the 40 break ins at Chula Vista and La Floresta recent?
Please advise.
Thanks much.

Frank Mercik
FMercik
FMercik

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:43 pm

They were spread over years. There is a propagandistic tendency for bad news to grow like fish stories about Mexico in the USA.
Of course, if you choose to live in an upscale gated fraccionamiento or condominio, finding out that the gates cannot be closed and are seldom manned, you will be targeted. You will also have to put up with an HOA and lots of folks who refuse to pay their dues. I have never chosen to live that way. Instead, our home in Ajijic for 4 years and, now, our home in Chapala for 10 years are on normal streets, with normal neighbors and no HOA.  We have never had even an attempt at a break-in, but have had folks ring our bell and hand us our keys when we left them in the door, etc. Life is good. My wife still walks everywhere in the neighborhoos, downtown, to the park, lakefront, etc. She also drives to Ajijic and beyond, or drives me into Guadalajara for appointments, etc.
Frankly, we are a bit concerned about the prospect of going to the USA, where we have not been in a very long time. Why do Americans think everywhere else is dangerous, and that other cultures are out to cheat them. I have over 30 countries under my belt, Fred, and can tell you that Americans are really, really strange; and I am one, but have lived abroad a lot. The USA will be culture shock again for me, if it had culture. Unfortunately, it seems to be getting worse....fast.
Bob

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next