INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laguna Real Estate

+12
Lady Otter Latté
techy1
Pedro
Bev's family
Tomgates
Zedinmexico
Luisa
slainte39
sm1mex
Trailrunner
solajijic
WDBarr
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Laguna Real Estate  Empty Laguna Real Estate

Post by WDBarr Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Does anyone know what is going on at Laguna Real Estate? The business is shutting down, we know that, but those currently renting through Laguna have been left in the dark about what will happen to their leases and even how to pay their rent.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Laguna Real Estate  Empty Re: Laguna Real Estate

Post by solajijic Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:13 pm

It seems to be in a mess. There are some particulars which suggest that if you know who owns your home and how to contact them you do so directly.  They should be wanting to severe the relationship with the management end by written notice. If you don't know the owner you might get at least a name from inquiry at the tax department, SIMAPA water or the utility companies. Specifically the CFE contract MIGHT have a foreign address. Or start asking around your neighborhood.

Don't sit around and wait. Get a new lease even if yours is not due for renewal and negotiate better terms without a management company. Suggest trying it for a year. You and the owners are in a prime position to get screwed. Cut your losses. This is a time to be proactive.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Wow. After all these years, this is how this business is going to end? What happened?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:48 pm

The owner of the company had a major, irreversible health crisis. Relatives came to town to shut down the business and they do not seem to care what happens to the employees or to those who have contracts with the company. I appreciate what solajijic said because this is exactly what we have been thinking. We have deposits and advance rent payments with this company and now cannot even get in touch with them. Their website is down, and no one answers emails and visits to the offices has been met with confused answers and misinformation. I don't blame the employees - what a mess is right! This has also made us even more aware of making sure our affairs are arranged before anything like this happens to us. Imagine if you have to have someone take over your affairs who does not give a damn about you, your friends, your customers or your reputation.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:04 am

Is this Beverly who is sick?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:15 am

Apparently. I've been told she's in a nursing home.
I wonder why her husband is not managing the business now. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:37 am

Her husband is still writing in the Reporter every week so he apparently is here.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Apparently. I've been told she's in a nursing home.
I wonder why her husband is not managing the business now. . .

I think she is at home now and Allyn isn't in any condition or has the desire to be running the real estate business.
Hopefully the business can be terminated and wrapped up in an orderly and graceful manner.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Agree. Would be a shame to see it end this way, after all these years.

Allyn's columns probably get circulated and re-circulated on a weekly basis. He is my favorite local writer. Doubt he is able to write like this anymore.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 am

WDBarr wrote:Relatives came to town to shut down the business and they do not seem to care what happens to the employees or to those who have contracts with the company... Imagine if you have to have someone take over your affairs who does not give a damn about you, your friends, your customers or your reputation.

This is inaccurate and unfair to Beverly's family. Her sister and brother-in-law came over from England shortly after the stroke. They have been here for nearly a year, running the business and winding things down. How would you not know this if you were a renter with Laguna?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 am

Luisa, many of us have had relationships with Beverly and Laguna in the past.  We know much more than you could imagine.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:01 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Luisa, many of us have had relationships with Beverly and Laguna in the past.  We know much more than you could imagine.

Very Happy

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:49 am

Then why don't you know about Beverly's health and her family's assistance? I don't care about all the snarky stuff that people have gossiped about over the years.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Luisa wrote:Then why don't you know about Beverly's health and her family's assistance?  I don't care about all the snarky stuff that people have gossiped about over the years

But you are WRONG I do know what is going on. Do you?

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
Luisa wrote:Then why don't you know about Beverly's health and her family's assistance?  I don't care about all the snarky stuff that people have gossiped about over the years

But you are WRONG I do know what is going on. Do you?

Are you in personal contact with the family?.....some of us are.
It's hard to know what you know, since we can't imagine it.  scratch  Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomgates Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:42 am

The business operating as Laguna Real Estate is being closed. All rental properties, both those owned by Laguna and those managed by Laguna but not owned, will be handled by Continental Real Estate, whose office is on Colon in the first block south of the plaza.

Tomgates

Back to top Go down

Post by Bev's family Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:53 pm

I am Beverly's sister.  I am writing on behalf of Bev and our family to  clarify a few things and to express our surprise at the inaccurate and hurtful comments posted.
Beverly had a serious health crisis eight and a half months ago.  My husband and I have been here since the end of July to support Beverly and her husband.
We did not come here to shut the business down, contrary to some of the harsher postings on this string.  The decision to close the business was made by our family when it became clear that Beverly would not be returning to work.
We, along with the superb staff at Laguna Realty, have been working very hard since that time to secure Beverly's healthy recovery  and to ensure that all those affected by Laguna Realty - employees, tenants and owners - are treated fairly.  We have personally made all parties aware of the stages of closing down the business as they occurred.
We have done everything possible for a graceful handover of all accounts according to the property owners' wishes.
All Laguna employees have been  treated fairly, receiving agreed severance payments, and we have been able to secure future employment for nearly all of them.  We continue to offer all our support to them.
Beverly has retired from business now, but all our actions have been directed by her.  
I do not know who WDBarr is, but we have no person on our records that matches that name.  I would very much appreciate it if WDBarr, or others who have greivances they would like to voice, could contact us in the next few days so that I can personally deal with their concerns, rather than post untrue, hurtful comments in this open forum.
The Laguna email address became inactive in December due to a Tel Mex error and despite our efforts, was not reactivated.  
The new email address is lagunamexrealty@gmail.com.  It was created soon after the old email address became inaccessible and we notified all owners, tenants and associated contacts.
The business is now closed. It is unfortunate that some of the people posting on this forum have chosen to offer uninformed comments.  I will not be passing their comments on to Beverly because I know it would hurt her deeply.  
Finally, thanks to tomgates and luisa for posting much more balanced and accurate comments.

Bev's family

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 pm

i wonder if some people are big enough to apologize
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by techy1 Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Best wishes to you, Beverly and her family. She rented us our first home in Mexico 10 years ago, and was gracious and fair with us. We rented it sight unseen from NOB. Our first stop in Ajijic was her office to pick up the keys late one night when we arrived. We rented the little house on Zaragoza across the street from Laguna. Sorry to hear about her health. Please let her know we are thinking of her.

techy1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 am

"WDBarr" carefully did not say s/he was a tenant, just posted some pretty ugly and, as it turns out, untrue accusations about Laguna Realty and the family members of Beverly Hunt.
I hope everyone will in the future give all "WDBarr's" posts the credibility they apparently deserve.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:05 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
I hope everyone will in the future give all "WDBarr's" posts the credibility they apparently deserve.
WDBarr is the same racist schmuck who referred to President Obama on this forum as an "affirmitive action hire".
He has ZERO credibility.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:57 am

viajero wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
WDBarr is the same racist schmuck who referred to President Obama on this forum as an "affirmitive action hire".
He has ZERO credibility.

Sounds like somthing coonshit would say.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:43 pm

martygraw wrote:
viajero wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
He has ZERO credibility.

Nope....he doesn't have time as the editorializing, pontificating, hot air machine is running full blast on TOB and requires constant attention, covering everything from corruption in Chapala to the inevitable economic demise of the United States of America.

He did take time out to welcome gringal back with a big figurative "abrazo" and a "smiley", which I'm sure thrilled her to death.  Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:52 pm

That's true, he sure is going on about the "Lake City" thing, he should know, being in the top ten realters in the US and all.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:08 pm

slainte39 wrote:
martygraw wrote:
viajero wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
He has ZERO credibility.

Nope....he doesn't have time as the editorializing, pontificating, hot air machine is running full blast on TOB and requires constant attention, covering everything from corruption in Chapala to the inevitable economic demise of the United States of America.

He did take time out to welcome gringal back with a big figurative "abrazo" and a "smiley", which I'm sure thrilled her to death.  Rolling Eyes

Gringal ain't back. I posted on that thread about the dog attack since the victim is one of my friends: a gracious, intelligent, tolerant woman who enjoys (or did enjoy) her daily several mile walks. She won't be able to for many months, thanks to the irresponsible dog owners who let this happen. She is too young to retire and has a responsible job she can't attend to. Basically........I felt the need to express my outrage. Otherwise, as long as the "moderation" isn't "moderate", I'm not there.

I'm somewhat amused at the impotent kerfuffle on TOB over the proposed Lake City development. Bunch of gringos telling each other how awful this is, as it rolls on through the approval process in spite of their "roaring". If the gov't wants this to happen, it will. My bet is that a lot of money will turn into smoke in the process, with much wailing and gnashing of both Mexican and gringo teeth.
Laguna Real Estate  860299

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next