INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance

3 posters

Go down

An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance Empty An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance

Post by Rolly Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 pm

A young friend of mine (18 years old) has developed a life-threatening condition that needs urgent surgery.   The family has no insurance, and the cost of the procedure is way beyond their ability to pay. It's too late to get IMSS coverage, and this type of surgery is not provided by Seguro Popular.

A family friend steps forward with a most remarkable idea.  She has IMSS coverage which would include the young man if they were married.  WOW  They were married a few days ago, and now he is in the local IMSS hospital awaiting his surgery.

It is, of course, a marriage of convenience which will be dissolved after his medical needs are met.

I'm sure some will call this gaming the system.  I call it a noble act to save a life.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance Empty Re: An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance

Post by Twonk Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I am curious as to which life threatening condition Seguro Popular would not cover. Do you know what it was? What is the point of having Seguro Popular if they won't cover you when you have a life threatening condition?

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance Empty Re: An unusual solution to a lack of medical insurance

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Rolly wrote:A young friend of mine (18 years old) has developed a life-threatening condition that needs urgent surgery.   The family has no insurance, and the cost of the procedure is way beyond their ability to pay. It's too late to get IMSS coverage, and this type of surgery is not provided by Seguro Popular.

A family friend steps forward with a most remarkable idea.  She has IMSS coverage which would include the young man if they were married.  WOW  They were married a few days ago, and now he is in the local IMSS hospital awaiting his surgery.

It is, of course, a marriage of convenience which will be dissolved after his medical needs are met.

I'm sure some will call this gaming the system.  I call it a noble act to save a life.

Not surprising. The Canadian immigrants pull this kind of stuff all the time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Seguro Popular does not cover all forms of surgery, and sometimes it varies by location -- not all General Hospitals are equally equipped and staffed.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down