INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

+15
Pedro
martygraw
hopefully
Jim W
Flamingo
CHILLIN
Playaboy
Trailrunner
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
viajero
borderreiver
brigitte
wildharp
CanuckBob
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires - Page 3 Empty Re: Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by Pedro Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:12 am

CanuckBob wrote:Thanks Zed. There always seems to be those who never donate time or money to anything but like to criticize those that do. They usually provide some sort of justification along with it. They are typically the same ones that never participate in anything yet seem to have a comment about it. No where in this thread was anyone asking for opinions. Just looking for those that want to help.
yes yer probly right about a coupla complainers but then again some of us donate plenty of time and money to all kinds of causes including to gummints. it is apparent that some of us find this sort of project inappropriate in the overall scheme of things.
helping the kid with the golf cart comes to mind as a more appropriate cause. spencer's idea about paying fer garbage bins is another good neighbourly idea.

Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires - Page 3 Empty Re: Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:27 am

Some people like to brag about their generosity and some do not, the fact is that Cbob has no clue about what each one of us does  so you really have nothing to say about it.
Saintes maybe you should pass the hat for Chiapas although people down there did not wait for you to come up with the idea. The government is giving some help to people who have metal roofs , the others have to pay for themselves and if they cannot tough luck. The sad part is that since we went through 4 tornadoes in a few weeks most places are out of tiles so there are lots of holes in the roof, thank God for small favors we are having a drought..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:31 am

i know that you have been putting up the artisans from oaxaca for many years in your casa among other things,briget
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:35 am

No the artisans from Oaxaca are my adopted famuly.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 am

exactly-that's doing something giving was my point.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:49 am

I do not look like giving, they are wonderful people they give me more in joy and hapiness than I give the, waymore.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:49 am

It was just a suggestive question... and I see and agree with the point...
There are many financially capable locals who are more than happy to let the " new " population pick up the tab... this might include municipal leaders

Water costs and infrastructure in a couple of fraccs are a good example!!

Doesn't mean the Tires aren't a worthwhile project... they are... congrats and good job CBob  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:50 am

I do not look like giving, they are wonderful people they give me more in joy and hapiness than I give the, way more.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 am

I just do not believe in giving anything to the municipality. So the last administration according to some people took everything..that is what happens with every change of administration everywhere in Mexico , nothing new there so the population is supposed to give to make up for what was stolen and will be stolen,,you have to be kidding me.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 am

brigitte wrote:Some people like to brag about their generosity and some do not, the fact is that Cbob has no clue about what each one of us does  so you really have nothing to say about it.
Saintes maybe you should pass the hat for Chiapas although people down there did not wait for you to come up with the idea. The government is giving some help to people who have metal roofs , the others have to pay for themselves and if they cannot tough luck. The sad part is that since we went through 4 tornadoes in a few weeks most places are out of tiles so there are lots of holes in the roof, thank God for small favors we are having a drought..

I have no idea what you may or may not contribute. You do like to criticize and discourage others though. Thanks for providing examples to my point!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 am

I just do not believe in giving anything to the municipality. So the last administration according to some people took everything..that is what happens with every change of administration everywhere in Mexico , nothing new there so the population is supposed to give to make up for what was stolen and will be stolen,,you have to be kidding me.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:03 am

Is there an Echo.... hello... hello..hellooo  Beer 

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefully Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:06 am

brigitte wrote:I just do not believe in giving anything to the municipality. So the last administration according to some people took everything..that is what happens with every change of administration everywhere in Mexico , nothing new there so the population is supposed to give to make up for what was stolen and will be stolen,,you have to be kidding me.

Mexicans have a saying about how elected officials empty the treasury the year they leave office. It is called "el año de Hidalgo".

hopefully

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:26 am

"chingue a su m...el que deje algo" should be one of the questions on the citizenship test, a whole lot more useful that how many peninsulas are they in Mexico?-

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:27 am

I perfectly understand anyone not wanting to contribute to various causes and respect their not doing so. I do not live in Ajijic and might not contribute to tires if I did. However, I respect people who get involved in their community and choose how to contribute. It is their money and their choice. What I do not understand is the constant beating up of those who have a project. The smug nagging that goes on and on on a thread that started off basically with, "Here is what we are doing if you want to help." I even accept that a person might want to say ONCE that they are not donating and why. But to keep posting and posting and criticizing and insulting is senseless and useless. You have made and remade your point. When is it enough?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:35 am

i remember 2 gummints ago that jan 1 there was 6 pesos in the bank account and it took more than a month and going to the state to meet payroll. even if it's the same party in succession the same happens. nothing like setting a precedent by buying a gummint's capital equipment for them.there is more than one garbage truck in the fleet and there are probably used tires available,in any event.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by wildharp Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:  I perfectly understand anyone not wanting to contribute to various causes and respect their not doing so. I do not live in Ajijic and might not contribute to tires if I did. However, I respect people who get involved in their community and choose how to contribute. It is their money and their choice. What I do not understand is the constant beating up of those who have a project. The smug nagging that goes on and on on a thread that started off basically with, "Here is what we are doing if you want to help." I even accept that a person might want to say ONCE that they are not donating and why. But to keep posting and posting and criticizing and insulting is senseless and useless. You have made and remade your point. When is it enough?

Thumbs up  Thumbs up
wildharp
wildharp

Humor : no

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 am

Pedro wrote:i remember 2 gummints ago that jan 1 there was 6 pesos in the bank account and it took  more than a month and going to the state to meet payroll. even if it's the same party in succession the same happens. nothing like setting a precedent by buying a gummint's  capital equipment for them.there is more than one garbage truck in the fleet and there are probably used tires available,in any event.

I wuz impressed with all your efforts to have EMS / Firefighting Equipment donated from Canada ( Alberta ) to Chapala...

cudos ole timer  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:30 am

Hocks: thanks for the reminder!

mariachi
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:00 am

hockables wrote:
Pedro wrote:i remember 2 gummints ago that jan 1 there was 6 pesos in the bank account and it took  more than a month and going to the state to meet payroll. even if it's the same party in succession the same happens. nothing like setting a precedent by buying a gummint's  capital equipment for them.there is more than one garbage truck in the fleet and there are probably used tires available,in any event.

I wuz impressed with all your efforts to have EMS / Firefighting Equipment donated from Canada ( Alberta ) to Chapala...

cudos ole timer     Beer 

trying to secure that type of equipment does not compare with funding like tires for a garbage truck or other day to day gummint expenses. your analogy is faulty sorta like comparing apples and oranges. most bombero organizations in mexico and latin america cannot afford even the simplest of equipment sometimes[the "jaws of life" in tizapan is a crowbar] and they count on donations of same from the excited states and canuckleheadland. cruz roja is not a gummint organization and counts solely on donations. yes i have donated "time" to these various organizations-try it sometime. but don't tell me that buying tires for a gummint garbage truck is a good thing for mexican and foreign tax payers precedent setting-wise.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:26 am

Pedro wrote:
hockables wrote:

cudos ole timer     Beer 

trying to secure that type of equipment does not compare with funding like tires for a garbage truck or other day to day gummint expenses. your analogy is faulty sorta like comparing apples and oranges. most bombero organizations in mexico and latin america cannot afford even the simplest of equipment sometimes[the "jaws of life" in tizapan is a crowbar] and they count on donations of same from the excited states and canuckleheadland. cruz roja is not a gummint organization and counts solely on donations. yes i have donated "time" to these various organizations-try it sometime. but don't tell me that buying tires for a gummint garbage truck is a good thing for mexican and foreign tax payers precedent setting-wise.

I couldn't help the irony... but the appreciation of your efforts was sincere :)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:30 am

Pedro wrote:
hockables wrote:

cudos ole timer     Beer 

What he said
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:49 am

So citizens paying to plant trees, finish the plaza, repair potholes, repair sidewalks, put pavers in the tianguis, fix streetlights and add garbage cans is any different?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am

With all the drug money in Mexico and dope smokers why not appeal to your friendly source and have them ask the people who actually have the money ... it's only tires? I am sure that they would be happy to accommodate. .
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:00 am

Of course it is different, CBob. One project is the work of a government-savvy, visionary, community activist while the rest of you are a bunch of chumps. I am surprised you did not realize this before it was pointed out to you.  Rolling Eyes 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:06 am

espíritu del lago wrote:With all the drug money in Mexico and dope smokers why not appeal to your friendly source and have them ask the people who actually have the money ...  it's only tires? I am sure that they would be happy to accommodate. .

You got to be kidding (and a stupid thing to say, even if you are)....that's what happened in parts of Michoacán.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next