INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla?

5 posters

Go down

How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla? Empty How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla?

Post by Mainecoons Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:27 am

As I noted on the other thread, my brother is coming in February and I want to take him to the beach and fishing. We really like La Manzanilla and would like to go for a week and also go fishing.

Does anyone here have experience with fishing there and could you recommend a specific charter?

Thanks.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla? Empty Re: How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla?

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:42 am

Oh wow, that brings back a lot of memories! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. It's been too long, 10 years, to recommend the name of a particular charter but it'll be a great experience. I am not sea worthy.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla? Empty Re: How about your experience/recommendations for fishing charters in La Manzanilla?

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 am

You can get a number of sport boat charters out of the Las Hades marina in Manzanillo. The best bet is to go there in the early afternoon (after they have come back in) and barter a price. The rate is usually around $100 USD per hour so if there is just two of you try to find a couple of other guys to join you and reduce the cost.

If you want a smaller panga type boat you can find them on the beach in Manzanillo Bay by the container docks towards the city center. They are usually about $50 USD per hour. Of course they are not nearly as comfortable as the larger sport boats.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:18 am

Bob, I'm hoping to find a charter out of La Manzanilla. We did Manzanillo before and that didn't turn out very well.

Thanks!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 am

Well just go there and walk the beach or Marina (if they have one). Lining it up in advance will likely cost you more.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:57 am

Good point, thanks.

Dan
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:13 am

Manzanillo is a long way from La Manz. If you want real a charter in a covered boat and a charter captain .... you'll find them in Barra de Navidad in the lagoon. La Manz has no protected harbor
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:26 am

Another very good point. I'll check Barra as well, only a half hour back down the road. Appreciate the tips very much, amigos!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 am

you said you want info about close by but maybe you want to consider zihautanejo. i fished for sailfish there a few times and never got skunked. then the captain always took us to an ixtapa island restaurant where we had it made 3 difernt ways[ceviche,bbq and breaded] and washed down with giant goblets of margaritas. i only wanted to get into sail and that's what miguel call me mike did for me every time. that's back in the 90's and it was 100usd for the boat so once i even went by myself and yvonne as the official videographer. it was a panga gor 4 and even had a head behind the fishing seats which were quite comfortable. you go to the co-op near the dock to book. he picked us up at the hotel beach about 6:30 am
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks Pedro, a little too far to go with the time he's going to be here. Sounds excellent maybe for a later time when I can go. Appreciate it.

I found this on an older thread here:

Youtube Hakuna Matata Fishing Adventures
Jerry Kosonoy provides great fishing adventures in the Melaque, Bara de Navidad area near Manzanillo, Mexico. Jerry is fully bilingual in Spanish and English. He is highly respected in the community and is recommended by many long standing customers. He can be contacted by phone at 044 315 354 2251.

This guy still around? Anyone here use him lately?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Yep .... he's around and a good one too. I go out with friends not very often or shore fish
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:50 pm

2008 Campeonato Internacional Fishing Tournament January 17, 18, and 19, 2008.
Capitanía de Puerto Calle San Pedro. (315) 355-5779. barraxalisco@hotmail.com (10/06)
Enrique ("Picocho") Figeroa (315) 355-5706. Fishing guide (6/02).
Mario's Bike Tours Hotel Jalisco. (315) 355 8505. mariodiaz468@hotmail.com.
Mary Chuy - Yates de Renta Avenida Veracruz #85. (315) 355-5416, 355-8093. Sport fishing, boat tours, sunset tours.
Pedro Gasga Nature Guide (322) 136-9503 Mexico. Océano Atlántico 260 Col Palmar de Aramara, Puerto Vallarta. Bird-watching tours. See info. pgasca@gmail.com. (4/09)
Sociedad Cooperative de Servicios Turisticos Avenida Veracruz #4, on the lagoon. 7am - 7pm. Fishing charters and boat tours.
The Only Tours Costalegre (315) 355-6777 (voice/fax). Ray and Eva, located next to La Paloma in Melaque, Jalisco. Snorkeling trips, tours to Colima City, ATV Tours, Volcano Tours via surburban. Snorkeling gear, boogie boards, and Mountain bikes for rent. Email: raystoursmelaque@yahoo.com. (11/05)
Moretours Transportadora Turistica S.A. DE C.V. Tabachin #5 Fracc. Arboledas Santiago, Manzanillo, Colima. (314) 35 30377, (314) 334-6572. Tours to Colima, Barra de Navidad, markets, plantations, estuary, caves, jungle. Email: more_106@hotmail.com
Todo Tours (315) 104-5095 (cell), (315) 355-7628 (home). Roberto Gomez Tores. Fishing, snorkelling, beach hopping, bird watching. (12/12)
Zpesca Avenida Veracruz #165, at the Crazy Cactus Store. (315)355-6099 (store), (315)355-6091 (home). Charter Fishing, Hotel and apartment reservations, golf. Golf and fishing packages.
An article about fishing in Barra de Navidad by John Williams.
A Barra de Navidad Fishing Trip with Gerardo Kosonoy by Jerry McKenna.

http://www.tomzap.com/barra.html
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:22 pm

sparks wrote:Yep .... he's around and a good one too. I go out with friends not very often or shore fish

Excellent. I'll give him a call.

Thanks for the stuff from TomZap too!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down