INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renewing Canadian Passport

3 posters

Go down

Renewing Canadian Passport Empty Renewing Canadian Passport

Post by Mexbaa Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Does anyone know the most recent procedure for a Canadian to renew their passport? For U.S. Passports one can go to LCS or American Legion. Is that service available for Canadians???

Mexbaa

Back to top Go down

Renewing Canadian Passport Empty Re: Renewing Canadian Passport

Post by DaveP Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:39 am

Renewing is a very simple procedure. The following site gives all the requirements

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/consul/ppt.aspx?lang=eng#SimplRenew

We did it about 3 months ago and everything went fine. Our passports were issued in exactly 20 working days.

We used Ishop for shipping services and they also worked out great. The return shipment comes back to them and they call when it is in.

I won't go into how the vast improvements for Canadian government service to Canadians has improved to the extent that passports that were renewed on St Catharines, Ontario in 5 days in 2009 are now renewed in the snail rate of 20 days no matter where you live in Canada or elsewhere.

BTW don't bother with the consulate in Guad. They only act as a forwarding agency and add time to the renewal.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:29 am

what davep said only i bought 2 dhl envelops from a service like ishop and had my new passport delivered to mi casa. you can now get one for 10 years and wear glasses in yer foto. make sure the photographer follows the size instructions by printing the directions and giving it to him/her. definitely don't use guadalajara.
there is an old thread on this board with more details.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:43 am

Pedro wrote:what davep said only i bought 2 dhl envelops from a service like ishop and had my new passport delivered to mi casa. you can now get one for 10 years and wear glasses in yer foto. make sure the photographer follows the size instructions by printing the directions and giving it to him/her. definitely don't use guadalajara.
there is an old thread on this board with more details.

Like Pedro said, only Ishop recommended Estafeta which is significantly less exoensive than DHL. It worked great and you don't have to wait at home for the courier
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexbaa Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks much for the information.

Mexbaa

Back to top Go down