INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying in Las Salvias

3 posters

Go down

Staying in Las Salvias Empty Staying in Las Salvias

Post by annied Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Ola,
We will be coming for a quick 6 day trip and staying in the Las Salvias area of Ajijic.  What good restaurants are in that area?  We plan on doing a lot of walking and seeing other areas of course, but I'd like to know which ones would be a quick walk for us.
Gracias!
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Staying in Las Salvias Empty Re: Staying in Las Salvias

Post by David Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 pm

St. Remy, located in the Tres Leones BnB on Emiliana Zapata is French and fabulous.  Near the corner of 5 Febrero and the Caraterra  is Roberto's, a very pleasant place with an extensive menu.  Near Tempisque and the Caraterra is El Sarape, the best NOB-style Mexican food you can find here.  They also make superb hamburgers, pork shank, and BBQ ribs!  Enjoy your visit!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Oh, the French restaurant sounds great for our anniversary dinner! Roberto's was on my list to try, I'm glad to hear it's not too far.
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:14 am

Down the Carraterra Yves, Frieda Azul, or Monte Christo (almost to farmers market) are all good. As David said local resturants are fine. Note I am a walker so Monte Cristo is a nice walk away. Others are closer. Can't go wrong with Yves especially for his beef, Mohitos, and salad bar.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 am

Perfect.  Yves was on my list to try, and we will definitely have Mohitos!  It sounds like we have some good choices nearby.  
I had written down Monte Cristo too, but I don't remember why and I'll look up Frieda Azul.  

It's also good to know the farmers market (Wednesday?) is within walking distance.

With all this eating, it's a good thing we are doing lots of walking!
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:12 am

Farmer's Market is Tuesday @ 10 - 12:30.  Get there by 10!  Monte Christo is excellente!  When are you visiting?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi David and Z,
We arrive late Saturday 11/29 and leave late afternoon on Friday 12/5.  This will be our initial visit, we want to get the feel of it there and try and check out the different areas and neighborhoods of lakeside.  We are coming from Northern California, east of Sacramento and are looking forward to our visit!
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Are you staying in Leo's casita?  East of Sacto; I used to own some property near Pollack Pines on the American River.  You'll like Las Salvias, nice views of the lake and mountains from here.  Villa Nova is pretty nice too.  Then there's the village.  We tried it when we first visited her nearly 10 years ago but we preferred the view and the illusion of space.  Having lived on 28 acres in rural Oregon for over 25 years being close to things is nice.  We've lived here over 9 years.  If I we can help you in any way pls PM me.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:44 pm

http://www.vrbo.com/256995

Hi David,  above is the link where we are staying.  I chose it for the view.  We enjoy sitting and watching the view.  We enjoy the Mexican birds. We enjoy being able to watch lightening shows, but know it will be the wrong season for that when we visit.  Cheryl and Doug Lyon is who I have been emailing, I'm not sure if they are the owners.  

Pollock Pines is 20 minutes up Hwy 50 from us!  We live on an acre which is plenty.  It can be isolating at times, then again we like our privacy too.  In retirement though, we want to be around people, be able to socialize easier and volunteer and enjoy the outdoors. Thank you mi nuevo amigo! I will PM closer to that date and perhaps we can all meet up somewhere.
annied
annied

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Looks to be higher upslope than we are.  What street is it on?  We too wanted to be closer to things.  Pls do contact me in advance and we'll arrange to meet.  Cocktails at our house.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down