INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias

+13
Carry Bean
solajijic
simpsca
gringal
slainte39
rocky1
joec
juanrey
Mad_Max
Rosa Venus
Ms.Thang
CanuckBob
David
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias Empty Burglaries in Las Salvias

Post by David Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:07 am

Two more burglaries in Las Salvias early Friday evening. Perp(s) smashed locks broke safes and took $ and jewelry. Sounds like the same perp who hit the area a month ago. Keep everything locked up as tight as possible.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:10 am

Where about is Las Salvias, David?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 am

Las Salvias is the area above Roberto's restuarant between 5 Febrero and Jaurez.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 pm

There is a lengthy article in this weeks pagina about how foreigners are being affected by a high number robberies and other crimes and that it is having a negative effect on local businesses . The headline screams that foreign residents are considering a mass exodus due to security issues....I was kinda surprised to see that in the pagina
Also says that foreigners have complained that the MP is not doing it's job and that the criminals know they are not going to be punished so what the hay...it's a good article, definitely worth a read.

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/news/40-encabezados/13012-extranjeros-denuncian-aumento-de-inseguridad-en-la-ribera-y-piensan-en-una-migracion-masiva

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks for the link. Pretty ballsy article. Surprising.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:24 pm

It must be a pretty quiet exodus because I know quite a few people around here and not one of them is leaving or have any abnormal "security concerns". Where do they get this stuff?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Here is the utube video from November - from the meeting that Paul East had - that stirred the pot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpvcov1Lj8I

Bob - you asked where they got this stuff in the post below - it is the November meeting that Paul and Sandra had in Guadalajara - apparently lots of break ins in Chula Vista -
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Well there may have been lots of break-ins in Chula Vista but where do they get the statement "of a mass exodus"? That article is riddled with inaccuracies. 20,000 expats here? I doubt that. Dozens have left due to concerns with law enforcement? Does any member here know of anyone who has packed up and left due to the lack of law enforcement? I only know of one case where a single woman left because she was scared in the area she lived and I don't know if she ever even reported anything.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Mad_Max wrote:Here is the utube video from November - from the meeting that Paul East had - that stirred the pot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpvcov1Lj8I

Bob - you asked where they got this stuff in the post below - it is the November meeting that Paul and Sandra had in Guadalajara - apparently lots of break ins in Chula Vista -

That video got 71 views. That's not hitting main stream media.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:13 pm

It was pretty ballsy and way out there!..as for myself and mine, we have been feeling muy tranquillo for a while now but Last summer gunfire was a regular thing to be heard around our neighborhood...we even changed our bedroom so that we wouldn't hear it so much. Things are nice and quiet now far as I can tell.
One thing said in that video is that the MP almost never resolves crimes and I don't see an argument for that one. Sorriest bunch I have ever seen down there. But a mas exodus of foreigners? C'mon ...
La Pagina likes to shake things up, but i thought this article was very surprising even for that publication

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Here is the original article on the press conference etc Nov 30- http://www.oem.com.mx/eloccidental/notas/n2790428.htm looks like it is just making the rounds. And as I recall, Paul said to the media that the 44 robberies occurred in a 3 month period - so that would have been Sept-Nov. I haven't heard of any - but maybe I don't know that many people that live in Chula Vista
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Maybe the people who run that paper are looking for cheap property down at the lake.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 pm

CanuckBob wrote:It must be a pretty quiet exodus because I know quite a few people around here and not one of them is leaving or have any abnormal "security concerns". Where do they get this stuff?

Bob, it's TOTAL BS. I know a lot of people and no one is leaving, unless it's health concerns.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by rocky1 Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:40 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]It must be a pretty quiet exodus because I know quite a few people around here and not one of them is leaving or have any abnormal "security concerns". Where do they get this stuff?[/quote]

Really Canuck bob, and you had to ask where Las Salvias was, jaja

rocky1

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm

The MP, Police, and the Crime Watch website can not confirm the "44 robberies" in CV. That information supposedly came from the Colonos office at CV and was based on a lot of heresay information...not direct reports.
Information like...." I came home and one my doors were open"...nothing missing and no chance someone forgot to lock up. Rolling Eyes
Other reports of "things/valuables" missing but leaving such stuff lying around for temptation is not the same as "armed robbery".
Inflated numbers for effect.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 am

rocky1 wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:It must be a pretty quiet exodus because I know quite a few people around here and not one of them is leaving or have any abnormal "security concerns". Where do they get this stuff?

Really Canuck bob, and you had to ask where Las Salvias was, jaja

He knows me but he doesn't know the name of the area where I live....so it's possible. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 am

I don't even know the name of the area where I live........jajaja. West Ajijic? Rancho Del Oro? Ajijic?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 am

I personally know of several families who have been robbed recently in Las Salvias. These were serious robberies with many valuables taken. In one case, they broke down the front door to get in. In another, they pepper sprayed the owners and did the deed in broad daylight. In another, they had all the necessary power tools to destroy locks. This perp or perps is a real pro.

Where is Las Salvias? directly behind Roberto's restaurant and the car wash, going up the hill and to the East for some blocks.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 am

A point of clarification: These were burglaries. Robbery is a face-to-face event. In one case the perp was encountered by the homeowner and a struggle ensued. The perp is driving a silver Jeep Liberty (the small Jeep) with Jalisco plates. He's been spotted more than once.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 am

CanuckBob wrote:I don't even know the name of the area where I live........jajaja. West Ajijic? Rancho Del Oro? Ajijic?

I think you know it's Rancho del Oro.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 am

slainte39 wrote:The MP, Police, and the Crime Watch website can not confirm the "44 robberies" in CV. That information supposedly came from the Colonos office at CV and was based on a lot of heresay information...not direct reports.
Information like...." I came home and one my doors were open"...nothing missing and no chance someone forgot to lock up. Rolling Eyes
Other reports of "things/valuables" missing but leaving such stuff lying around for temptation is not the same as "armed robbery".
Inflated numbers for effect.

So, is this more Lakeside "rumours"? It could easily be. If facts are not available, I pay no attention to it.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 am

David wrote:A point of clarification: These were burglaries. Robbery is a face-to-face event. In one case the perp was encountered by the homeowner and a struggle ensued. The perp is driving a silver Jeep Liberty (the small Jeep) with Jalisco plates. He's been spotted more than once.
So what is it called when the dogs are pepper sprayed in the course of a burglary - that is a face to face (nonhuman) event?
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 am

Mad_Max wrote:
David wrote:A point of clarification: These were burglaries. Robbery is a face-to-face event. In one case the perp was encountered by the homeowner and a struggle ensued. The perp is driving a silver Jeep Liberty (the small Jeep) with Jalisco plates. He's been spotted more than once.
So what is it called when the dogs are pepper sprayed in the course of a burglary - that is a face to face (nonhuman) event?

Since when is a dog human? I never saw one on two legs. LOL

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 am

joec wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:

John - I fail to see your point. I clearly stated this was a non-human event. So why even bother with your post.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 am

Mad_Max wrote:
joec wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:

John - I fail to see your point. I clearly stated this was a non-human event. So why even bother with your post.

Didn't understand your post.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next