INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias

+13
Carry Bean
solajijic
simpsca
gringal
slainte39
rocky1
joec
juanrey
Mad_Max
Rosa Venus
Ms.Thang
CanuckBob
David
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias - Page 2 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias

Post by joec Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 am

Mad_Max wrote:
joec wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:
David wrote:A point of clarification: These were burglaries. Robbery is a face-to-face event. In one case the perp was encountered by the homeowner and a struggle ensued. The perp is driving a silver Jeep Liberty (the small Jeep) with Jalisco plates. He's been spotted more than once.
So what is it called when the dogs are pepper sprayed in the course of a burglary - that is a face to face (nonhuman) event?

Since when is a dog human? I never saw one on two legs. LOL
John - I fail to see your point. I clearly stated this was a non-human event. So why even bother with your post.

Didn't understand your post.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 am

I wouldn't call it a mass exodus but I do know many people personally who have left for security reasons. There is a steady stream of people selling up and leaving west of San Juan Cosala.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 am

I also talked to someone whose neighbors (two legged) had been pepper sprayed as well as their dog. No rumor.
It's that time of year when crime sprees seem to be a popular pastime.

When we lived in CA, nearly everyone we knew in the "quiet" burbs had a fancy alarm system. We were burgled anyway; more than once, so it isn't just Mexico.......for what small comfort that may be.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 am

The only two "mass exodus(es)" I have seen, are the Tapatios leaving lakeside on the Sunday evenings and the NOB(s) leaving the carretera entering the parking area of SuperLake...daily. lol!

Las Salvias....calles... 5 de febrero and Tempisque from the carretera to the old Lou Wertheimers house, the developer of same, which is at the very top, at the base of the mountains.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:42 pm

I do know of several other burglaries. I know of 4 women who have left this past 6 months with security and safety being a part of the decision. I know of three houses new on the market because the owners decided Ajijic just wasn't what they wanted - however one has a terrible personality and just couldn't make friends so that is her own fault. And I know 3 older women who are leaving because they do not feel the same level of security and activity in the village they have experienced since they arrived over 6 years ago. But then again aging out of the time where we can take just about anything thrown at us does eventually happen to some. And after years here the social rush abates, as it would anywhere, an then you are left mostly with your own company unless you worked at playing well with others.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 pm

jajaja....... good point solajijic, seems some people came here because they couldn't play well with with others NOB. Don't know why they thought it would change for them here. Once an A$$hole, always an A$$hole.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm

There are a few I'd help move NOB. pirat

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm

CanuckBob wrote:jajaja....... good point solajijic, seems some people came here because they couldn't play well with with others NOB. Don't know why they thought it would change for them here. Once an A$$hole, always an A$$hole.

Or: "Wherever you go, there you are."

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:08 am

I've just been here full time for a little over a year but with earlier vacations and using local web forums I think I cover about a three year horizon.

I heard the reports of 44 break ins in Chula Vista and dismissed it as rumour. However in the last 6-8 weeks I have 3 reports from Upper Chula Vista neighbours about their break ins.

Then last Sunday nite, as I exchanged emails with a committee I'm a member of, one of the 7 members reported he couldn't make the next meeting because he was clearing up after a break in at his house. Wherupon another member reported his home in Las Salvias has also just been broken into.

So of a 7 member committee 2 have recently experienced problems. In a development like Chula Vista with appox 250 homes, even if you discount the reported 44 burglaries, the 3 in my little corner of the development seems disturbing.

I'm just asking is this normal or is there a trend here? Should I be concerned or do i just get my medications adjusted???

SunFan

SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:14 am

sunfan - Don't get your tighty whities in a knot. Consider the number of homes at Lakeside and do the math. You'll find that it's incredibly small.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 am

Be concerned. Look at your place as though you were a burglar. Plug up the holes as best you can.

Then, if you're burgled, have plenty of meds on hand.......you'll need them to get over the aftereffects. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 am

SunFan, pay no attention to JoeC, he has his head in a place where the sun doesn't shine. Be very concerned. Since Thanksgiving there have been 12 burglaries in Las Salvias, an area that is onlys 3 block by 3 blocks. Since then there have been numerous burglaries in Villa Nova, the village, and upper Ajijic. Gringals advice is good. The current burglar or burglars are pros and they have heavy tools to pry open doors and smash locks. In nearly 8 years here this is the worst I've seen.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 am

David wrote:SunFan, pay no attention to JoeC, he has his head in a place where the sun doesn't shine. Be very concerned. Since Thanksgiving there have been 12 burglaries in Las Salvias, an area that is onlys 3 block by 3 blocks. Since then there have been numerous burglaries in Villa Nova, the village, and upper Ajijic. Gringals advice is good. The current burglar or burglars are pros and they have heavy tools to pry open doors and smash locks. In nearly 8 years here this is the worst I've seen.

TOTALLY UNTRUE!!! It is not reported on Lakesidecrimewatch. I know of 3 burglaries in Las Salvias as do our Homeowners who know these people. Numerous burglaries in Villa Nova, village and Upper Ajijic. Again NOT TRUE!!!

You blow everything out of proportion as usual. The few burglaries were the work of professionals using burglary tools always the same two guys. Blown waaaaay out of proportion AS USUAL by a bunch of old farts who have nothing to do.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 am

joec wrote:sunfan - Don't get your tighty whities in a knot. Consider the number of homes at Lakeside and do the math. You'll find that it's incredibly small.

John I sure hope you’re not a burglary victim before you unload that place of yours. Course I would have to suppose your home would have superior intruder protection. Anyone remember Jack Benny's vault?

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am

John/JoeC once again exhibiting his belief that if he does not know about it, it does not exist. Reality is comprised of bits and pieces of what johnnyjoe knows. Everything else is UNTRUE, NOT TRUE and blown out of proportion.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am

SunFan wrote:
joec wrote:sunfan - Don't get your tighty whities in a knot. Consider the number of homes at Lakeside and do the math. You'll find that it's incredibly small.

John I sure hope you’re not a burglary victim before you unload that place of yours. Course I would have to suppose your home would have superior intruder protection. Anyone remember Jack Benny's vault?

SunFan

We live in a safe secure Gated Community with a guard and razor wire on our walls. There have been no burglaries here in 11 years. Houses on the street like in Las Salvias, Villa Nova, Rancho del Oro, La Floresta, etc have easy access in/out for burglars. That's why they get burgled.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

JoeC: We know you are content in the knowledge that YOUR community hasn't been burgled. Wonderful. Good selling point, especially for the Chicken Littles moving here, for whom Safety is All. I don't know why they move to Mexico in the first place. It's not as dangerous as Detroit, but I'm sure they could have found a little pocket of safety back where they came from, if that's the biggest deal for them.

As far as the rest of us are concerned, it would be appreciated, I'm sure, if you would just stop the bragging, the gloating and the one-up-manship. It's not becoming to the decent person I expect that you are.

When we got home from a short dinner out and found our place violated by an arsonist who was obviously frustrated by his inability to get past our home security, it was terrifying, injurious to my husband who put out the fire just outside our living room window and sleepless nights on the alert followed. Needless to say, we increased the security. When you return to your home to find a fire blazing which could have destroyed everything, you don't feel like hearing "nanner, nanner, nanner" from you. That's mean and childish as well.

How about having a little compassion for the victims?

There aren't that many people on this board who could afford your house in the first place, and even fewer who would want to live in your environment, so what's the point in your gloating, anyway? Think about it.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

[quote="joec TOTALLY UNTRUE!!! It is not reported on Lakesidecrimewatch. I know of 3 burglaries in Las Salvias as do our Homeowners who know these people. Numerous burglaries in Villa Nova, village and Upper Ajijic. Again NOT TRUE!!!

You blow everything out of proportion as usual. The few burglaries were the work of professionals using burglary tools always the same two guys. Blown waaaaay out of proportion AS USUAL by a bunch of old farts who have nothing to do.[/quote]

John, you are an ignorant jerk. Not everything is reported to Lakeside crime watch. 22 of us who were victims of recent break-ins wet with El Presidente de Chapala and the Commandante and Sub-Commandante in City Hall last week. They know about most of the break-ins in the area. You are sadly ignorant of the world around you. Your consistent denial of the fate of others is gruesomely distasteful.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 am

David wrote:[quote="joec TOTALLY UNTRUE!!! It is not reported on Lakesidecrimewatch. I know of 3 burglaries in Las Salvias as do our Homeowners who know these people. Numerous burglaries in Villa Nova, village and Upper Ajijic. Again NOT TRUE!!!

You blow everything out of proportion as usual. The few burglaries were the work of professionals using burglary tools always the same two guys. Blown waaaaay out of proportion AS USUAL by a bunch of old farts who have nothing to do.

John, you are an ignorant jerk. Not everything is reported to Lakeside crime watch. 22 of us who were victims of recent break-ins wet with El Presidente de Chapala and the Commandante and Sub-Commandante in City Hall last week. They know about most of the break-ins in the area. You are sadly ignorant of the world around you. Your consistent denial of the fate of others is gruesomely distasteful.[/quote]

I hope you'll get some results, so far I haven't seen or heard much in the way of results.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 am

David wrote:[quote="joec TOTALLY UNTRUE!!! It is not reported on Lakesidecrimewatch. I know of 3 burglaries in Las Salvias as do our Homeowners who know these people. Numerous burglaries in Villa Nova, village and Upper Ajijic. Again NOT TRUE!!!

John, you are an ignorant jerk. Not everything is reported to Lakeside crime watch. 22 of us who were victims of recent break-ins wet with El Presidente de Chapala and the Commandante and Sub-Commandante in City Hall last week. They know about most of the break-ins in the area. You are sadly ignorant of the world around you. Your consistent denial of the fate of others is gruesomely distasteful.[/quote]

David

What resulted from your meeting with the Mayor and Police Chief.

My friend and neighbour 5 doors down who s burgled 6 weeks ago told me he didn't even bother calling the police because "all they'd do is case the house for valuables and entry points and pass the information on".

Is the situation really that sad?

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 am

El Presidente committed to a) install more street lights, b) increase patrols in the area, c) invited us to a follow-up meeting in two weeks.

He also chided us because most of us had not gone to Ministerio Pulblico. MP is where we are to report crimes, not the Policia. The Policia can only act to prevent crime.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 am

[quote="joec so far I haven't seen or heard much in the way of results.[/quote]

There's a lot you don't see or hear.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:10 pm

David wrote:[quote="joec so far I haven't seen or heard much in the way of results.

There's a lot you don't see or hear.[/quote]

Is this happening in Upper Chula Vista or Lower Chula Vista? Do you have guards at the entry/exit to Chula Vista?

Have you and your neighbors approached the Fracc Board about getting guards and or what can be done?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Who are you addressing? This thread is about Las Salvias.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm

David wrote:Who are you addressing? This thread is about Las Salvias.

I was addressing you as SunFan brought Chula Vista into it and I thought you did too.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Perhaps you should go back and read what she and I wrote. Chula Vista is not part of this discussion
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next