INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias

+13
Carry Bean
solajijic
simpsca
gringal
slainte39
rocky1
joec
juanrey
Mad_Max
Rosa Venus
Ms.Thang
CanuckBob
David
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias - Page 3 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Perhaps you should go back and read what she and I wrote. Chula Vista is not part of this discussion

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm

joec wrote:
David wrote:[quote="joec so far I haven't seen or heard much in the way of results.

There's a lot you don't see or hear.

Is this happening in Upper Chula Vista or Lower Chula Vista? Do you have guards at the entry/exit to Chula Vista?

Have you and your neighbors approached the Fracc Board about getting guards and or what can be done?[/quote]

John

The Frac Board has done a lot over the past year to promote better security for Chula Vista but without results to-date.

There's the usual group of dissidents who A) don't want to invest a cent in guards, cameras, patrols or B) have an "I'm alright Jack" attitude toward their more vulnerable neighbours.

But there is the annual meeting this Saturday......

SunFan

David. Sorry if I hijacked your thread but it seemed a closely related topic.
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm

It is related as it has to do with crime in the area. Only John got confused.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 pm

SunFan wrote:
joec wrote:
David wrote:[quote="joec so far I haven't seen or heard much in the way of results.

There's a lot you don't see or hear.

Is this happening in Upper Chula Vista or Lower Chula Vista? Do you have guards at the entry/exit to Chula Vista?

Have you and your neighbors approached the Fracc Board about getting guards and or what can be done?

John

The Frac Board has done a lot over the past year to promote better security for Chula Vista but without results to-date.

There's the usual group of dissidents who A) don't want to invest a cent in guards, cameras, patrols or B) have an "I'm alright Jack" attitude toward their more vulnerable neighbours.

But there is the annual meeting this Saturday......

SunFan

David. Sorry if I hijacked your thread but it seemed a closely related topic.[/quote]

SunFan - Make your issues known by speaking out and have a group of supporters there to back you up.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 am

Encourage as many homeowners to install security cameras and don't get a hokey set up. $5000 pesos for Lorex systems at Costco or Bestbuy. They can't get all the houses at once and at least you'll be ready for the next wave. Private security to do rounds during hours it happens.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

You neighbors have exchanged phone or email addresses to know what time it happens I'm sure. Not waiting 3-4 days to weeks to find out can stop it in it's tracks.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Took a ride up to Las Salvias...wasn't what I was expecting. Thought all the homes were going to be secure forts....Still a lot of homes with flimsey locks. Some clearly had been recently changed and a couple replaced with good ones. Last house in 5 de febrero had recenty put up shiney razor wire...looked good but the last door toward the back still had a flimsy lock on it. Maybe nothing in that. I didn't see one security camera but may have missed a street.

Also took a ride into raq club, huge fracc. Some homes super secure while many, many homes still wide open. I guess rather than take precaution, some folks wait until their home is broken into to do something about it. We were careless until it happened to us.

Surprised more luxury homes don't have security cameras. Luxury in Mexico means you have tile floors and granite counters. I should have been a realtor :) jk
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Hmmm; razor wire is not new up there. There ARE security cameras in the neighborhood. Obviously you were looking at gate locks, walls,etc.. and not the actual home security.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Well, if you can keep them out that's the first line of defense. ok, the wire was still very shiny :) You just stay safe. What things are working for folks in your area? What's good up there will be helpful for others I'm sure.

Our friend's home has massive walls. Massive walls and faith. It's been years since we've been up there.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:09 pm

We have formed a Vecinos Vigilantes group and have had two meeting with El Presidente de Municipio.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 pm

May be the obvious, are you communicating with the group through email aside from phone calls too? It's such a small area that I imagine you being a tight group.

Does a least one home on each street have recording cameras that can cover both directions? Next time someone even THINKS about it, you all will be on them. They need to be installed high. We've got one facing the street a guy would be an idiot to try while there is a camera one could spray or rip out but 2 are mounted on top of our house, no access to the roof.

You guys have good bones up there. You'll make it work.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm not discussing our security any further. This isn't private you know.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 pm

David wrote:I'm not discussing our security any further. This isn't private you know.

Well you are the OP, what did you expect from a Public Forum?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Bugger off.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:40 pm

David wrote:Bugger off.

Guess I've been told. jajajaja.......

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:13 pm

So , in this weeks edition of La Pagina ...4 guys were caught in the act and arrested while robbing a house in Riberas on Jan. 21st . Three guys in their
30´s and a 13 year old kid.
I wonder if any of the robbery or home invasion victims have been asked to take a look since some of them at least got up close and personal like..?

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/contenido/noticias/13216-en-ajjic-para-variar

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Well, let me tell you guys something we have, that not many else have. A super crack shot neighbor, not going to say where, but near enough for jazz, who is a crack shot with a rifle. Can hit a fly on a wall from 100 meters.

So, along with my handy dandy cell phone I'll just call him, and if they're on our property he has said he will take a shot at 'em. If he gets the bastages he'll just say he couldn't see too well, but was called to help by his frantic little old lady neighbor. My cell phone has HUGE numbers on it. It's a piece of cake to use.

We actually did consider getting one ourselves I mean really seriously. Quick day trip to Sayula and you have yourself a registered firearm. Ya never know. That wasp spray doesn't knock 'em out near enough for me. Maybe this week we'll pop over there.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 pm

E-raq wrote:Well, let me tell you guys something we have, that not many else have. A super crack shot neighbor, not going to say where, but near enough for jazz, who is a crack shot with a rifle. Can hit a fly on a wall from 100 meters.

So, along with my handy dandy cell phone I'll just call him, and if they're on our property he has said he will take a shot at 'em. If he gets the bastages he'll just say he couldn't see too well, but was called to help by his frantic little old lady neighbor. My cell phone has HUGE numbers on it. It's a piece of cake to use.

We actually did consider getting one ourselves I mean really seriously. Quick day trip to Sayula and you have yourself a registered firearm. Ya never know. That wasp spray doesn't knock 'em out near enough for me. Maybe this week we'll pop over there.

Why don't you do that. And when you shoot him dead on your front lawn or climbing your wall, you'll just love the inside of a Mexican jail for life. The other thing that could happen is you're deported and have to leave your house and belongins behind.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 pm

joec wrote: Why don't you do that. And when you shoot him dead on your front lawn or climbing your wall, you'll just love the inside of a Mexican jail for life. The other thing that could happen is you're deported and have to leave your house and belongins behind.

WRONG and wrong; a) ANY resident may legally own a gun for home protection. It's a simple and easy process to register it. b) It's legal to use it when a bad guy is on your property (night) or in your home or threatening you or your loved ones (night and day). The law is clear and deportation is not a risk.

I'm amazed at the erroneous statements you make.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Bingo David!!! The Law is very specific about this issue. As are other legal documents. In fact you not only have the right, you have the obligation to protect your home and loved ones.

John, wise up for once. Puhleeze. It's astonishing what you do not know. We could write a book entitled : Little Johnny Fails His Living in Mexico Test. Chockablock full of astounding misinformation and arrogance of the truly ignorant.

A big time best seller that would be full of Johnisms from this site and others. I can see it all now, in e-book format on Amazon etc.

Crap we wouldn't even have to write it we could just quote you!!! Done in a week, no question.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

So spot on! So concise! E-raq you rock!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder