INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow!

+7
solajijic
Lady Otter Latté
diamondtuffy
RVGRINGO
Zedinmexico
suegarn
Mainecoons
11 posters

Go down

Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow! Empty Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow!

Post by suegarn Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:39 am

Check out the pics!

http://www.businessinsider.com/buffalo-6-feet-of-snow-tuesday-photos-2014-11

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow! Empty Re: Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow!

Post by Mainecoons Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:20 am

What is "snow?"

Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow! Empty Re: Buffalo, NY is getting slammed with snow!

Post by suegarn Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 am

Mainecoons wrote:What is "snow?"

Very Happy

LOL! Yep, I hope I never have to experience THAT again!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Feel sorry for them. Lake effect snow is awful. Lived in Oswego at the opposite end of lake Ontario. I woke up one morning and had to go out the second story window as the first floor was snowed in.  Good thing is lake effect snow tends to be with warmer temperature but this time wind chill is 2F.  Feel sorry for them.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 pm

I grew up an hour south of Montreal, just inside NYS, and went to university in Buffalo, hitchhiking home on holidays. Yes, we kept snowshoes handy and sometimes put them on and went out an upstairs window. When UB had to shut down, once in a while, we learned to dance in the cafeteria, etc.
Yes, really heavy snow comes in warmer weather. When temperatures are way below zero, it is too dry to snow much and driving is safer on ‘squeaky‘ snow.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 pm

It's just "lake effect" snow, no big deal, happens every year, you know that if you live there. Now, if that happens here, that's news, not in Buffalo.

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Five people dead made it news.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Now six dead. Sixty inches of snow. An entire winter's worth of snow fall expected in the next few days. Yup. No big deal. Happens every year. Rolling Eyes
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Buffalo is the 9th snowiest city with 94" a year, so 6"?

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

This is just the beginning.  The Russians have been saying all along it is going to get cold because of a solar minimum.  They are looking pretty smart at the moment.

I have a feeling we should lay in some serious fire wood soon.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:11 pm

We just made arrangements for our second load of wood this year to be delivered the first week of January. I am getting prepared. We are very familiar with Great Lakes effect snow. This is our 10 anniversary with Ajijic and we are thrilled to be watching it on the computer from the terrace by the pool. Huzzah!

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Is it really colder here this season, or do I just not remember earlier years? I do remember that my rule of thumb over these last 9 years was that if I sat outside for Thanksgiving, I would need a cardigan sweater. I rarely donned the turtlenecks and heavy sweatshirts and socks until after Christmas. There is also the very slight small unlikely but nagging possibility that I am cold because I am getting older and thinner and do not move around as fast as I used to--nah, forget that!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:17 am

Must be that "global warming" thing I keep hearing about.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 am

borderreiver wrote:Must be that "global warming" thing I keep hearing about.

Can you imagine how cold it would be without it.....instead of Miami being covered in water, it would be covered in ice.  lol!
Maybe they should gather up all the polar bears that are left and ship them to Buffalo.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:00 pm

I hate to introduce ¨science" and facty kinda stuff here but

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Global-Warming-Cold-Winters.html
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Ah Latte, don't confuse them with facts. The term "Global Warming" rather than the more factual "Global Climate Change" was the biggest mistake made because it gives the deniers something to cling to.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down