INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important - Filling Out Tourist Cards

Go down

Important - Filling Out Tourist Cards  Empty Important - Filling Out Tourist Cards

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:29 pm

So recently I´ve had some problems, well not me but my clients. It seems that when entering Mexico many people don´t take seriously the filling out of their tourist cards. If you plan on doing nothing in Mexico, i.e. applying for an FM3 or buying a property then you are probably safe.

But if you want an FM3 or buy a property then here are some tips to avoiding problems / delays / hassles:

Fill out your name (first, middle and last) exactly as it appears in your passport
Always sign your name exactly as you signed your passport, nothing more nothing less.
Fill out the form properly, if it is in Spanish, ask, had one guy have his permit to buy a home rejected by the Mexican government because he put his first name where his last should have been and then he only put his nickname and then put his last name where it asked for first name.

If driving into Mexico on the bank form to pay you touist card fee (FMM) fill it out properly as your name appears in your passport and keep the oiginal receipt.

The people in government offices are very picky and these issues are easily avoidable with a little care and preparation.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down