INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo???

5 posters

Go down

where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo??? Empty where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo???

Post by Sherman Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:19 am

I'm assuming it's easiest getting in/out of the Nuevo Laredo facility (car stuff and more) early in the morning?
If that's the case, then I want to stay near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo.

The motel (Rancho whatever) located along the highway outside of Monterrey I understand is now closed.

Are there other suggestions of a place to stay?

Thanks ...

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo??? Empty Re: where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo???

Post by hockables Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:34 pm

We always stay at The Red Roof Inn in Laredo... just a few blocks to the border... Beer

Going North approx. 9 or 10PM, we went to Portal #1... where you turn in car sticker... we were the only car there... drove straight thru ....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo??? Empty Re: where to stay either near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo???

Post by Ezzie Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Going north I have stayed at the City Express in Monterrey across from the old airport and enjoyed it. As you are coming from Saltillo on the cuota, take the turn onto 85N to head toward Nuevo Laredo and it is just on your right hand side - plenty of secure parking and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Early in the morning, fill up at one of the three Pemex stations along the same side of the road as you are heading out and head to the border.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm

I think the Adulzulas crossing in Reynosa is much easier to get to than Nuevo Laredo. It is more modern facility and usually very quiet. The distance is within 20 miles of each other.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Playaboy wrote:I think the Adulzulas crossing in Reynosa is much easier to get to than Nuevo Laredo.  It is more modern facility and usually very quiet.  The distance is within 20 miles of each other.  

Ok, thanks, I will take a look at it.  I have not crossed there, but would like to avoid Laredo if I can.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 am

There were just a bunch of killings in Matamoros yesterday, I think. Check the news the day before you leave.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:45 am

Gamina wrote:There were just a bunch of killings in Matamoros yesterday, I think.  Check the news the day before you leave.

The whole border area is dangerous. My body goes on "Red Alert" and the hair stands up on the back of my neck every time I drive it. So far, so good for me.

Sherman, I would check with Altahabana. He posts on Mexconnect. He lives in Nuevo Laredo. I believe he is in the trucking business in that region. I have always paid attention to his opinion.

Why put USA plates on for the trip? That makes you a target. Your Jalisco plates just blend in. The returno seguro makes you legal either way. Just put the USA plates on right before you attempt to cancel your TIP and cross into the USA.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:50 am

Playaboy wrote:
Gamina wrote:There were just a bunch of killings in Matamoros yesterday, I think.  Check the news the day before you leave.

The whole border area is dangerous.  My body goes on "Red Alert" and the hair stands up on the back of my neck every time I drive it.  So far, so good for me.

Sherman, I would check with Altahabana.  He posts on Mexconnect.  He lives in Nuevo Laredo.  I believe he is in the trucking business in that region.  I have always paid attention to his opinion.

Why put USA plates on for the trip?  That makes you a target.  Your Jalisco plates just blend in.  The returno seguro makes you legal either way.  Just put the USA plates on right before you attempt to cancel your TIP and cross into the USA.

Thanks for the additional information for checking on border issues and the returno seguro!!
S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:52 am

hockables wrote:We always stay at The Red Roof Inn in Laredo... just a few blocks to the border... Beer

Going North approx. 9 or 10PM, we went to Portal #1... where you turn in car sticker... we were the only car there... drove straight thru  ....

Do the facilities at Nuevo Laredo or other border crossings close at some point in the evening? If so, what time and when do they open?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down