INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal

+2
Canmex 87
Ezzie
6 posters

Go down

Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal Empty Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal

Post by Ezzie Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Attended to an appointment at the Canadian Consulate in Guadalajara today to get our paperwork checked over and pay to have my wife's passport renewed.  To my surprise, they will accept photos ONLY from two studios in Chapala now.  

Foto Studio del Lago
Ave. Madero #238-C
Chapala
Tel: (376) 765-3548
malvagarmx (at) yahoo.com.mx

Estudio Zaragoza
Lopez Cotilla #290
Chapala
Tel: (376) 765-3495
Jaimie.zaragoza (at) sanmina-sci.com

They will no longer accept photos from Foto Luz (in the alley behind the vet on Madero) since they are the wrong size.

Other interesting thing, they will only accept a Credit card payment (NOT Debit) or cash in MX pesos (must have exact amount).  The peso cost today for a 10 yr. renewal was $3,070 MX (including the Consular service fee).  You still need to take the package to a courier to send it to the Embassy in Mexico City and return it back to you.

PS - They still have John Baird's picture hanging in the lobby!!!

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal Empty Re: Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal

Post by Canmex 87 Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:16 pm

You can also do it on line and avoid the trip to the Canadian Consulate in Guadalajara.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal Empty Re: Photos for Canadian Passport Renewal

Post by DaveP Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:09 am

Canmex 87 wrote:You can also do it on line and avoid the trip to the Canadian Consulate in Guadalajara.

The application is available online BUT you cannot submit it online.

I can provide advice etc for making application for Canadian Passport renewal and save you the trip to Guadalajara. The Consulate no longer forwards your renewals to the Embassy.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:50 am

DaveP wrote:
Canmex 87 wrote:You can also do it on line and avoid the trip to the Canadian Consulate in Guadalajara.

I can provide advice etc for making application for Canadian Passport renewal and save you the trip to Guadalajara. The Consulate no longer forwards your renewals to the Embassy.

We just completed the process. Download and print the forms from the website, complete the forms including the credit card authorization, and enclose the photos along with your current passport. ISOP (across from Walmart) will send them by courier along with a pre paid return courier envelope to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City. We had our new 10 year passports in 3 weeks.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:03 am

Canmex 87 wrote:
DaveP wrote:

We just completed the process. Download and print the forms from the website, complete the forms including the credit card authorization, and enclose the photos along with your current passport. ISOP (across from Walmart) will send them by courier along with a pre paid return courier envelope to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City. We had our new 10 year passports in 3 weeks.
exactly what i did a coupla years ago. way easier than the first time i did it from here. don't even bother calling guadalajara-ya don't need them. i used the lady at the cow for the foto. the instructions give the size,etc for this which i gave to her. you can now wear your glasses[untinted] which makes more sense if you wear them all the time. make sure there is no glare when the foto is shot. it's easy-peasy if even i can do it.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 am

The point of my OP was to let people know that the lady at the Consulate is telling people that photos taken at Foto Luz (lady at the cow) are no longer accepted. Had I not gone to the Consulate I wouldn't have known this and had my photos rejected. I am just trying to pass on something that might be important to some.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:25 am

the "consulate" in guadalajara  has zero to do with passport renewal. that's why i stated that you need not have anything to do with them. my foto was not rejected as i can attest with a current passport. how would somebody in guadalajara know anything like that since they have nothing to do with the process-funny-they did try to tell me to come to guadalajar[which was bullshit] as i was told by embassy personnel when i phoned them in mexico city. just make sure you give luz the specs which you will get on line and everything will be fine since she has the right equipment unlike the farmacias.
your fotos would not have been rejected ezzie.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:43 am

So it is not necessary to go to the consulate in Guadalajara????

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:16 am

SunshineyDay wrote:So it is not necessary to go to the consulate in Guadalajara????
ain't that what 3 of have said? and davep they never even ever sent the stough to the embassy in a diplomatic bag ever. and limme say this about that. it ain't even a consulate-it's designated as a trade mission and whether it's efficient at that is somewhat doubtful. it has a staff of about 8,only 2 canucks i believe. the last 2 head mucky mucks were only good at socializing . as far as i'm concerned it's one of their most useless outposts in the canadian diplomatic service. ya get more help from the minister of foreign affairs offices in ottawa and the embassy in mexico city.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Well fortunately the photos we submitted were taken at one of the "approved" photo places - Foto Studio del Lago on Madero. We'll see if we get our new passport in about 3 weeks I guess.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by trkdrivinfool Sun May 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Canmex 87 wrote:
DaveP wrote:

Did you have to get a guantor to sign a form here in mexico or did you fill out a different application?

trkdrivinfool

Humor : oh ya laff a min.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sun May 10, 2015 4:40 pm

No garantor is necessary if a renewal. You can download the renewal form and credit card payment form directly from the gov't website.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down