INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST CHILLIN CLOSED????

+12
viajero
barbicheesecake
David
lunateak
Trailrunner
brigitte
solajijic
suegarn
CanuckBob
Pedro
hockables
gringal
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JUST CHILLIN CLOSED???? - Page 2 Empty Re: JUST CHILLIN CLOSED????

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

No I do not believe for one second it was another restaurant either.

They could get themselves in a hip of trouble starting rumors or accusing another retaurant publically .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:36 pm

How much are the"Union Dues"?  Is it a percentage or a flat rate?  Who determines the amount?

The "Union" want 25,000 a month for "dues".  You have aome slow months and can't pay that amount and only give them 10,000 a month.  

What happens next? Installment plan?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hmmm. I don't believe it was another restaurant. I believe they were extorted, refused to pay, and were "taught a lesson". It could've been worse.

Why would they lie about it?.....if they had enough courage to flip them (the extrorters) off in the first place.
And then "finger" their competitors as the perps, causing a negative reaction, as seen here on this thread, against other restauranteurs.  If that were so, they wouldn't have much more moral high ground to stand on, than the people who violated them.

So  you say....maybe they were afraid to say they were extorted.  Then don't say anything at all.
Personally, I believe what they say, but don't believe they have enough evidence to file a denuncia.
I don't think they know who committed the crime for sure, nor does anyone else at this time.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Playaboy wrote:How much are the"Union Dues"?  Is it a percentage or a flat rate?  Who determines the amount?

The "Union" want 25,000 a month for "dues".  You have aome slow months and can't pay that amount and only give them 10,000 a month.  

What happens next?  Installment plan?  

Most businesses pay the sindicatos  annually according to the number of employees.  If you fail to pay the sindicatos, they can get you legally and confiscate assets.  No need to go in the middle of the night to collect dues in the arrears.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rjf1943 Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:42 pm

I just talked to Paulina and they are hard at work fixing up the place and she said they will re-open tomorrow.
rjf1943
rjf1943

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseagirls Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:49 pm

rjf1943 wrote:I just talked to Paulina and they are hard at work fixing up the place and she said they will re-open tomorrow.
We just went and saw them, too, they are very upset, naturally, but have been blown away by the outpouring of support the have received from our community
This makes them determined to carry on. As Rjf said, they are reopening tomorrow lets give them a rousing welcome back!
Paula

chelseagirls

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:09 pm

brigitte wrote:No I do not believe for one second it was another restaurant either.

They could get themselves in a hip of trouble starting rumors or accusing another retaurant publically .

Brigitte.....No where on this board does it say that the owners of Just Chillin' were accusing another restaurant owner. If you read David's entry again, he said that he spoke with a friend of theirs. They may not have said this, and maybe even the friend didn't say exactly that. David could be relaying the information he got in his own words, not direct quotes.

They have enough stress right now to deal with, and they certainly don't need anyone accusing them of something they may or may not have said!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Suegarn I was answering this question nit saying the owners are accusing anyone, I o not know them and have never spoken to them so I sure whould not know. I just want to mention that this thread is saying that another restaurant did it and franfly I do not believe that.

You may just want to take back what you said.

Here is the question by Gringal
"Why can't it be named? Word of mouth could give them more grief than they ever dreamed of. Most people would simply never patronize them again."

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:45 pm

brigitte wrote:Suegarn I was answering this question nit saying the owners are accusing anyone, I o not know them and  have never spoken to them so I sure whould not know. I just want to mention that this thread  is saying that another restaurant did it and franfly I do not believe that.

You may just want to take back what you said.

Here is the question by Gringal
"Why can't it be named?  Word of mouth could give them more grief than they ever dreamed of.  Most people would simply never patronize them again."

I don't know who you are suggesting should take back what they said, but obviously, no one who posts anything can, in fact, take whatever was posted  back..........so I'll just say that I have no idea what really happened and my statement was based on what someone else had heard.  If it was another restaurant, then may their karma catch up with them soon.  If it was due to extortionists, may that happen to them even sooner.

Whatever any of us choose to "believe" is, at this point, of no matter since we lack any facts.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:51 pm

I take back some of the things I said... I'm just not telling which ones. Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:26 pm

I am so happy to hear that Hockables Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2