INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

+12
Lady Otter Latté
MexicoPete
brigitte
slainte39
solajijic
gringomojado
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
zenwoodle
viajero
Ms.Thang
Clueless
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or Empty When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

Post by Clueless Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:53 pm

one of the many other places that use the $$ sign in front of their currency.

Again with the OJO: I see so many ads that give a price such as "$1,500.00." From my way of thinking, we are in Mexico and so we probably spend pesos; the national currency is pesos and so I cluelessly (no such word) figure the default currency is pesos.

Yes, $1,500.00" would probably not be mistaken if it were for a 2007 Toyota, but there are other things that are not always that clear.

Maybe it's an ego thing?

Just a hint.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or Empty Re: When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Mexico uses the dollar sign, don't think it's an ego thing. I bought something off of MercadoLibre this morning...dollar signs on everything. Checked out Palacio de Hierro, dollar signs. Volkswagon dealership, more dollar signs. Wanna sell your old car? Put $ on the back window. Suck it up, clueless.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or Empty Re: When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

Post by viajero Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Google,dollar sign,clueless.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:05 pm

I think that the sign for pesos was used before the dollar sign. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm only saying, if the price is in pesos, then $1,500.00 is fine, but if you're looking for US dollars, then put that information into the ad.

That's all I wanted to say.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Yes, since we are in Mexico it should be assumed that all prices are in pesos unless otherwise indicated.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Of course, but where does the "ego thing" come in?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:46 pm

"When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or one of the many other places that use the $$ sign in front of their currency."

Why do you torture us, Clueless? Do you hate us? Or are you just stuck on stupid?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:50 pm

We need a back pedaling emo.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Yes, you might try a little Goggling before you post some stuff Clueless. Save us all a bunch of grief.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Of course, but where does the "ego thing" come in?
Clueless/talosian is a troll,when you troll you have to bait your hook with something.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:15 pm

You're wrong but I will limit myself to asking for help if needed and giving any if I think I can help.

Even with everything, I still can be surprised by some people and how nasty they can get for IMO, no real purpose.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Clueless wrote:one of the many other places that use the $$ sign in front of their currency.

Again with the OJO: I see so many ads that give a price such as "$1,500.00."  From my way of thinking, we are in Mexico and so we probably spend pesos; the national currency is pesos and so I cluelessly (no such word) figure the default currency is pesos.

Yes, $1,500.00" would probably not be mistaken if it were for a 2007 Toyota, but there are other things that are not always that clear.

Maybe it's an ego thing?

Just a hint.

Ethnocentricity maybe?
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Why am I remembering that in high school and university spanish in the late 70s the mexican peso sign had only one vertical line thru the S as compared to the US dollar sign which had two vertical lines.

I think in pesos these days which took some years before it became automatic.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:09 pm

solajijic wrote:Why am I remembering  that in high school and university spanish in the late 70s the mexican peso sign had only one vertical line thru the S as compared to the US dollar sign which had two vertical lines.

I think in pesos these days which took some years before it became automatic.

You are correct solo.  Even back in the 50's and 60's, when the peso was stuck at 12.50 to 1, guide books to Mexico always cautioned travelers to look for one line or two lines through the S. More modern printing and computers don't seem to care as much.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:24 pm

my PC  has one bar on the peso symbol but it is a Spanish keyboard. Do you have peso sign with one bar on the English keyboard or only the 2 bar symbol?

Last edited by brigitte on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Clueless wrote:You're wrong but I will limit myself to asking for help if needed and giving any if I think I can help.

Even with everything, I still can be surprised by some people and how nasty they can get for IMO, no real purpose.

Cut the crap, Clueless. If anybody has been victimized by your participation in this forum, it is all of us.

On the dinero symbol topic: I have an old Mac from the US. The $ symbol on the keyboard has a single line though it.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Well so much for the idea the US dollars has 2 bars accross.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Solo; that is what I learned and was posted on other forums as well over the years. Again, one line is for pesos as shown here, ($) and two lines for a US dollar.

Yet, today my Windows 7 and windows 8 laptops use only one line, not two for the US dollar sign ($)

Who knows.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 pm

no wonder everyone gets confused.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:58 pm

If you want to be perfectly clear put US or MX after the amount and leave off the "dollar" sign.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Ya know, if we were speaking Spanish on this forum we would be talking about the signo Peso.one line or two, it's the same sign.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:If you want to be perfectly clear put US or MX after the amount and leave off the "dollar" sign.

And CAD after the Canadian looney amount, as there are a couple of Canucks in town.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 pm

i use the term "cdn as in $1 cdn.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Pedro wrote:i use the term "cdn as in $1 cdn.

I'll tell the local banks they're doing it wrong.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next