INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maria Isobel, Comments ?

3 posters

Go down

Maria Isobel, Comments ? Empty Maria Isobel, Comments ?

Post by borderreiver Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:29 pm

This resto is the "old posada". Lakefront, on the left, foot of Colon. Two Xmas' ago the new owners had just taken over with big plans. My wife and I had a great experience on our first chilly night in town. They moved tables and chairs to put us right in front of a roaring fire. Good food (great arrechera). Apparently they've added a cigar lounge and little specialty food store along with a lunch buffet. WIFI. The owners are THERE and charming and working hard at it. The staff are great and, I hear, well treated. Curious re the lunch buffet, etc. TIA.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Maria Isobel, Comments ? Empty Re: Maria Isobel, Comments ?

Post by gringal Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:17 pm

borderreiver wrote:This resto  is the "old posada". Lakefront, on the left, foot of Colon. Two Xmas' ago the new owners had just taken over with big plans. My wife and I had a great experience on our first chilly night in town. They moved tables and chairs to put us right in front of a roaring fire. Good food (great arrechera). Apparently they've added a cigar lounge and little specialty food store along with a lunch buffet. WIFI. The owners are THERE and charming and working hard at it. The staff are great and, I hear, well treated. Curious re the lunch buffet, etc. TIA.

Things may have changed since our first visit, shortly after they first opened.
I don't wish anyone ill in that difficult business, but the result of our first lunch buffet was two days of sick for my spouse.  The chicken for the dishes was coming lukewarm from the kitchen. We didn't return until a French couple started a crepe place alongside of them in the same building.  Those crepes were outstanding; fresh and the real deal French style.  They also serve a nice breakfast; good omelets. A separate operation?  Don't know. The view of the lake is delightful. Hope they stay.

So...I hope they finally got it together.  I like buffets when they're done right, but they can be problematic if the food isn't stored right or freshly made.

Anyone else tried that buffet lately?

They have made a very attractive outside dining area there for both restaurants and now that the weather has warmed, it would be a nice place to sit.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 am

We ate there five or six times during last year's three-month visit. Service was efficient, food was fine. No problems.
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down