INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather??

+26
Jim W
Flamingo
zenwoodle
nthensome
arbon
borderreiver
brigitte
sparks
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
suegarn
mrum
Halfglass
pamarie
sambrit10
lobita
slainte39
gobluejohn
lucky
ltollefs
Pedro
viajero
SunshineyDay
Rosa Venus
gringal
solajijic
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Weather?? Empty Weather??

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Ok, I have been here for 6 or 7 March's and have never seen weather even remotely close to this rainy, thundering, cold crap. Is this the new weather patterns for the area.......jajaja. Sure hope not.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Weather?? Empty Re: Weather??

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Febrero es loco, Marzo más.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:04 pm

I definitely see a significant change in the weather patterns over the past 4 years or so. Prior to that we could count the overcast cloudy days from Nov to mid-June as about a week or so in February and then maybe a handful scattered around.

I miss the years when I would realize I could not recall the last time it had rained in the day or been cloudy.

Everything changes.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 pm

It is changing, you used to be able to feel the change of season in October and the days would get cooler and the sky would not have a cloud...it is the reason we moved here ..yes everything changes bu this is not for the better.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Correction: Febrero es loco, Marzo otro poco.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Correction: Febrero es loco, Marzo otro poco.

Yes, this seems different this year, but consider what it's been like all over the world: a very strange year weather-wise.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:33 pm

The ancient saying that Trailrunner posted/corrected indicates otherwise. Someone with more Spanish can no doubt offer a better translation, but the jist of it is "The weather in February is crazy, and it's a little nuts in March, too."

But, dang. It is cold and wet outside. And just three days ago I yanked the extra blanket off the bed. Fortunately, I left it nearby just in case…..and I have a little dry firewood left inside the house. This is real rain!

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Just took the local bus back (1800) from centro lago. Noticed for the 1st time that windshield defrosters were an option. A lady had her umbrella open on the bus cause water was coming from the roof vent. Reminds me of Xmas '13. Loco. Looks like Sun. is forecast to be equally uninviting.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:36 pm

I know this is not accepted by some. (Global Warming)

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh, just checked. It's crap here and very pleasant in PV. WTF ?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Correction: Febrero es loco, Marzo otro poco.
Correction;Febrero loco,Marzo otro poco...there's no (es)
We're bundled up here in Guadalajara.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I guess National Geographic will need to be re-evaluating their "best climates in the world" list pretty soon. I think Lake Chapala is going to drop a few notches if things don't improve.......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:54 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Ok, I have been here for 6 or 7 March's and have never seen weather even remotely close to this rainy, thundering, cold crap. Is this the new weather patterns for the area.......jajaja. Sure hope not.

I hope this is an anomaly!

I did online research on this area for two years and made a couple of visits here, to decide if this was where I wanted to live. None of my research or talks with locals and expats prepared me for this kind of weather NOW! We're supposed to be well into the 'dry season'....lol!

Of course, this still doesn't change my mind that I made the right decision when I decided to move here full-time! Even when the weather is miserable, the people are warm and friendly! Thank you all!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:04 pm

In the end there's nothing like "denial". Our Mexican hosts aren't in denial today. Those that are loco enough to venture out are sporting umbrellas and fleece at the very least.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:23 pm

borderreiver wrote:In the end there's nothing like "denial". Our Mexican hosts aren't in denial today. Those that are loco enough to venture out are sporting umbrellas and fleece at the very least.

Who's in 'denial' on this post? Shocked

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:27 pm

suegarn wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Ok, I have been here for 6 or 7 March's and have never seen weather even remotely close to this rainy, thundering, cold crap. Is this the new weather patterns for the area.......jajaja. Sure hope not.

I did online research on this area for two years and made a couple of visits here, to decide if this was where I wanted to live.  None of my research or talks with locals and expats prepared me for this kind of weather NOW!  We're supposed to be well into the 'dry season'....lol!

Of course, this still doesn't change my mind that I made the right decision when I decided to move here full-time!  Even when the weather is miserable, the people are warm and friendly!  Thank you all!

Well the weather hasn't exactly been "as advertised" in the three years we have been here. In fact it has been getting progressively worse. We are hoping this is some sort of cycle and not the new norm. Kenya is starting to look good.......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:51 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
suegarn wrote:

I did online research on this area for two years and made a couple of visits here, to decide if this was where I wanted to live.  None of my research or talks with locals and expats prepared me for this kind of weather NOW!  We're supposed to be well into the 'dry season'....lol!

Of course, this still doesn't change my mind that I made the right decision when I decided to move here full-time!  Even when the weather is miserable, the people are warm and friendly!  Thank you all!

Well the weather hasn't exactly been "as advertised" in the three years we have been here. In fact it has been getting progressively worse. We are hoping this is some sort of cycle and not the new norm. Kenya is starting to look good.......jaja.

LOL CBob! I don't think that I'd look good dressed in a small loincloth, in the desert atmosphere of Kenya! And I couldn't outrun the lions there! Very Happy

I think I'll put up with this weather for now!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:16 pm

The area around Nairobi has wonderful climate similar to the climate here on the equator at 7000 f , it is is not a desert and many people there wear suits so you may want to rethink the loincloth idea for fear of getting arrested for indecent exposure. Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:33 pm

brigitte wrote:The area around Nairobi has wonderful climate similar to the climate here on the equator at 7000 f , it is  is not a desert and many people there wear suits so you may want to rethink the loincloth idea for fear of getting arrested for indecent exposure. Very Happy

exactly!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:03 am

Senator Inhofe says AGW is nonsense and he proved his point with an actual snowball. In winter! What more do you libruls need?
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 am

Personally, i'm thrilled to see the dry season shorten up (if that's what's going to happen this year). And the rain and winds have knocked a lot of leaves/blooms off the jacaranda trees so i'm not sneezing and wheezing so much. Yeah, yeah, it's a little cold, but i'll bet the southwestern US would give anything to have some of these rains.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gobluejohn Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 am

if you were here 5 years ago in February, we had two weeks of rain and cold everyday! We were huddled under gas heaters at El Barco!!!
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 am

I can understand a cold, cloudy, rainy front in late December/January/early February but we are near the middle of March here.  Looking at the long range forecast this is going to continue off and on into April. Let's hope the forecast is wrong.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:46 am

In 1993 it rained for fourteen days straight in a row in January, also have seen a two or three week lull in precipitation in the middle of the "rainy season", so these weather phenomena are nothing new. Weather is not a scripted play at the LLT, just norms that are sometimes deviated from.
Maybe this is caused by something the meteorologists call "el nin~o" or "la nin~a".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:53 pm

The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Climate Prediction Centre upgraded its assessment from 'El Niño Watch' to 'El Niño Advisory', meaning an event is now occurring.

Simply put, El Niño favors stronger hurricane activity in the central and eastern Pacific basins, and suppresses it in the Atlantic basin (Figure 1). Conversely, La Niña suppresses hurricane activity in the central and eastern Pacific basins, and enhances it in the Atlantic basin

Weather?? 27y2y35
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down