INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INM office at Airport

4 posters

Go down

INM office at Airport  Empty INM office at Airport

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:40 am

Just a heads up for you early departure people......

I had a 5:00am flight last Monday. I get to GDL at 3:30am, head to the INM office to get my exit visa (as I am a Permanente) and find that they are closed. I wait with about 20 other people until about 3:50pm and start getting nervous. I head over to the airline check-in desk and they ask for my exit visa. I explain that the office isn't open and my flight leaves in an hour. They check me in without it but tell me to go back to the INM office and get that visa or they won't let me on the aircraft. I asked what I should do if they don't open soon as I still had to go through security and make it to the gate within 30 minutes for loading. She said she didn't know and sent me on my way. I went back to the INM office and at about 4:10am they opened. There were 20 people still waiting in front of me however a woman told me that since I checked in and they took my luggage that the plane wouldn't depart without me. They would have to wait. I finally got finished at the INM office around 4:30am and sprinted through security and to the gate. Viva Mexico!!

mariachi
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

INM office at Airport  Empty Re: INM office at Airport

Post by Gamina Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:03 pm

When I was there early, they sent me through security and to the floor where you board, down the stairs and around customs as if I had just gotten off a plane and around by where you get your luggage and knock on the back door of the INM office.  Then go back the way you came and upstairs and find your gate.  When the flight is called, you give a portion of the form to the airline people that check your boarding pass and get on the plane.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:14 pm

That happened to me for a 2 p.m. flight. Office not open. I was sent from one end of the airport to the other twice and talked to at least six different people. It was getting later and I was getting more stressed. The last person listened carefully and referred me back to the FIRST place I had gone. I burst into tears! She went and got a supervisor (I assume) who kindly led me around and down the stairs to the customs back door. She knocked once and then opened it to a man sitting at a table eating his lunch. She took my paper work, slapped it down on the desk, pointed to it and then to me speaking rapid-fire Spanish. He pushed his lunch aside, took care of my stuff and the woman kindly led me back upstairs and directed me to my gate.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:08 pm

They're always helpful.
David
David
Share Holder