INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works!

+3
Rolly
Carry Bean
mexrose
7 posters

Go down

Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works! Empty Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works!

Post by mexrose Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:17 pm

After boasting about not having seen a scorpian since October, last nite was the nite....I was stung while sitting on my sofa on my left little finger. A friend suggested putting yellow mustard on it to 'pull out the poison'...this has got to be my 13th or 14th sting and I've tried all the remedies, none working. After finding the critter, but not capturing it, I went to the fridge for plain, yellow mustard and applied a glob to my finger & then applying a bandaid. About 3 minutes later, no pain, no tingling, nothing! Today, it's like it never happened. Try it next time YOU get stung!

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works! Empty Re: Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works!

Post by Carry Bean Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Would Dijon work? Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works! Empty Re: Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works!

Post by mexrose Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 pm

I wouldn't wanna waste it! Plain yellow did the trick.... pirat

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Maybe Dijon on your little pinkie.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks - I've also been stung - I dried myself with a scorpion that took up residence in my towel - went to a doctor and got a shot that didn't do anything. Hurt like heck! If I'd had this remedy I would have tried it. I'd smell like a hot dog for awhile because it was across my whole back. But worth it to get rid of the pain.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mexrose Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 am

Carolyn, it may also be that I'm immune to the stings by now...but give it a try, I will becuz I know the 'next time' is just around the corner!

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 am

Do you have that many scorpions? I only got stung once and my throat closed up and my face was numb - it was frightening and that was with a doctors shot. I have seen them other times, but looking in my towel for a scorpion was not where I was expecting to find it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mexrose Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:29 am

Believe it or not, I ALWAYS look into my towels! I've found them before & can't fathom having a sting in the face! You must be allergic to the sting, are you allergic to bee stings as well? I had ALOT more scorpians before I had the foundation repaired in December, but this is the time of the year...just found one under the dog rug on the porch! I have those sticky traps all over the place, they really work, but scare the crap outta you when you see how many there are!

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 am

I understand what I had was the neurological reaction, throat, neck and face frozen and arms and fingers tibgled. No I'm not allergic to bee stings that I know of but haven't been stung since I was a child. I now check my towels out but I am so blind without my glasses I'm still worried I won't see one on my brown towels.

I got one of those long thin tubes fillled with something to put at the bottom of my bedroom door (the kind to keep a draft out) It keeps out the cockroaches and scorpions - find them dead the other side of the thing on the porch.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm

With all the trips I have taken around Mexico I had never even seen a scorpion until I rented a place in El Limon last year. I saw several there and almost stepped on one when I got up to go potty. Now I understand that one needs to spray almost monthly to keep the little critters out. Are you spraying regularly?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mexrose Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 pm

I tried the spraying routine & it didn't work...seemed to just piss 'em off!

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Are you spraying yourself or calling in exterminators?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm

I have my gardener spray - I use Cynoff at least twice a month outside - around doors and windows, etc. You can buy it by the packet at most hardware stores. And occasionally I use one sold at Superlake - I think it's called Home Defense. I don't spray in the house very often. By spraying all around outside, if I see one in the house - happened once or twice - it's half dead.

I had a professional sprayer when I lived in Guadalajara because the cockroaches are very bad there. Here I have been fine doing it myself.

The one scorpion that got me I believe came in through a crack in a screen in the bathroom that was above the shower area. Must have dropped down in - and I didn't spray the roof in that house - couldn't get on it. Here I even have the roof sprayed.

We also have a type of black widow spider that is very venomous and the spraying seems to eliminate them. I also have one of those stuffed snake things to put under the bedroom door there I have a weather strip but there is still a little gap. That helps also.

Last edited by simpsca on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

I've only seen one here so far. He came up through the shower drain in the 2nd bathroom that's never used. The maid found it & killed it & I immediately got covers for the shower drains. Scorpian Sting Remedy that Really Works! 374777

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 pm

I've mentioned it a few times on other forums but it was recommended by a horticulturalist to grow Virginia Creeper on the walls surrounding our house in San Pancho. We did and I only saw three scorpions in six years. We were surrounded by empty lots and even the construction on one lot beside us caused no problems. All of our other neighbours had lots of problems with them.
Apparently it gives off a scent that the scorpions don't like. It is pronounced "seesoos" in Spanish.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 am

We have a company from Guadalajara come every3 months. They spray inside and out. Cost is about 400 pesos including propina.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexrose Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 am

I'll try it but I'll probably get stung a few more times before I get it planted, it grows, etc. San Pancho? I have a friend here that lived there for 2 yrs. before moving lakeside. I was there a few mos. ago and what a 'do nothing' town....how do you like it?

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down