INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Dakota As Paradise

3 posters

Go down

South Dakota As Paradise  Empty South Dakota As Paradise

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 pm

An old Alabama friend of mine from high school days I haven´t laid eyes on since 1960 who has lived in Western Washington State or Northern Idaho for many years and is staying in our Lakeside home this winter while we hang out in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas for the winter was puzzled as to why so many foreigners living in Ajijic are from South Dakota judging by their license plates so I suggested to him that all those South Dakota plates were fakes and issued by that state simply because they had all these license plates manufactured in state prisons and no cars locally to put them on and, consequently sold the excess plates in Mexico to non-residents and that he get himself an old state troopers hat and fake siren and pull over the next car he sees driving in the Chapala municipality with South Dakota plates and pull the old 1950s South Alabama style deputy sheriff shakedown requesting that the driver of that South Dakota plated car show him their South Dakota driver´s license plus proof of residence and documentation that they paid at least $5,000USD for heating oil just to stay alive during the past January or, alternatively, he would turn them into the authorities in Pierre. If nothing else, as a result of this charade, he could observe some old coot doing a wheelie on some primitive rough-hewn street in Ajijic in a '57 Nash convertible losing his Pork Pie Hat in the wind trying to escape to find shelter at the LCS.

That right there is way funnier than anything on television since Dobie Gillis went off the air.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

South Dakota As Paradise  Empty Re: South Dakota As Paradise

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 am

LOL.........beautiful Mr. Dawg.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 am

Yes, I'll be on the look out for him. What next, the Royal Canadian Mounties! Basta
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 pm

simpsca wrote:Yes, I'll be on the look out for him. What next, the Royal Canadian Mounties! Basta

Don´t worry about the RCMP, simpsca. That ole South Alabama boy could never be mistaken for one of those sissies and has the exact stereotypical look of a southern deputy sheriff whiich is a composite of Barney Fife and Boss Hog so when he pulls you over after spotting a "mark" because of the South Dakota plates and the Pork Pie hat (he won´t be in a position to make any preconceived judgments if the random driver sited with South Dakota plates is wearing bermuda shorts with black patent leather shoes and black knee socks - the sure dead giveaway of a Lakeside snow bird from Saskatchewan), all you have to do is exclaim, "Ahm sorry, officuh, wuz Ah aweavin´ in th´ road? Ah spose hits because Ah wuz tryin´ to take a plug of this here Bull Durham. By the way, would you lahk a plug yosef?

You use this technique and youn will proceed to your destination without further hindrance.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Dawg I don't think I can say it that way if my life depended on it. Being from Pennsylvania I can't drawl - any attempt would sound pathetic. When my brother first moved to Houston, Texas 20 years ago he did the, "y'all come down" thing. Sounded funny in his NE accent and he soon stopped it. He probably got laughed out of a few places.

Now people ask me what my accent is, and I don't have a clue. Grew up in Pa. Lived in NYC 20 years (Manhattan), I can't hear it but I must have some sort of accent. I doubt it would get me off with Barney Fife though.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down