INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My car is finally Mexican

+31
Halfglass
Lady Otter Latté
addtocart
Playaboy
Smartalex
Gamina
solajijic
arbon
CanuckBob
ltollefs
hank chance
slainte39
viajero
raqueteer
CheenaGringo
Jim W
Parker
Hensley
Rolly
oncesubtle
papirex
gringal
ferret
Carry Bean
hound dog
hockables
martygraw
johninajijic
Solovino
bimini6
Intercasa
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My car is finally Mexican - Page 3 Empty Re: My car is finally Mexican

Post by arbon Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:31 am

CanuckBob wrote:
ltollefs wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="ferretI totally agree with you Dawg. It irritates the hell out of me that people drive NOB cars with outdated license plates and crow about it.

Tell me, ferret, do you suppose there is at least the possibility that these "carpetbaggers" who  infest our Lake Chapala  shores as those carpetbaggers who poured into Atlanta and New Orleans and Mobile after the Civil War, came here for indirect pecuniary gain? Are these the same redux-adolescent goobers who find it deplorable for some to take the INAPAM bus fare concession while benefitting from an overall substantial discount in the cost of living  by pretending to migrate to Mexico under extended FM-3 tourist visas and inwardly deploring the inconveniences imposed by an unaccustomed culture?  These same people who drive around Lakeside with expired U.S. or current South Dakota plates issued by a corrupt state agent in Clay County, S.D. and complain about corruption in Mexico while pumping their own tangential  local status with phony papers as dishonest and less productive than the campesino cleaning toilets in a WalMart in Des Moines with a phony visa or no papers at all.  

Hypocrites to the core.  
[i]

Ahhhh......you are commenting on a post made 5 years ago by a member who hasn't posted here in quite some time.

Huh, you think that bridget has spell check on sometimes.

arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Des Moines and Ouagadougou are going to start showing up again...Dawg.

As for the vehicle issues I can't imagine anyone will see any cash and I would be just sick to have to pay for something like that twice.

As for Clay county South Dakota their ability to issue plates to otherwise transient vehicles is statutory. So there isn't someone there just deciding to do the licensure for us.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Interesting that on TOB someone who's known Gary for 10 years claims that the notion of his moving to Chile is sheer rumor mongering and that he (Gary) doesn't think he's done anything wrong or illegal. We all need friends, I guess.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Gringal--you are stirring a pot that doesn't need more stirring. I am no longer a friend of Gary's as I explained on TOB. And asked that people think about how we who were Gary's friends must feel to be stabbed in the back like we were. For us, it's more than a matter of money.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Gamina wrote:Gringal--you are stirring a pot that doesn't need more stirring.  I am no longer a friend of Gary's as I explained on TOB.  And asked that people think about how we who were Gary's friends must feel to be stabbed in the back like we were.  For us, it's more than a matter of money.

Gamina, I don't intend to stir a pot unnecessarily. I'm curious, that's all, and would like to hear the facts since the reports are so conflicting. I can well understand how his former friends who were defrauded must feel. I, too, was a victim of a very skilled con artist in the past. One never sees them coming and the sense of betrayal is profound. I hope this is sorted legally and soon.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:01 pm

OK, I accept what you are saying and sorry I was so harsh on TOB. I just get so blessed tired of people poking their ignorant noses in and saying things that aren't even close to being true and it just keeps things stirred up and people angry when we really need to calm down and let things flow naturally.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Isn't it funny that people who were duped into believing they could legally nationalize their cars from the interior are considering recourse through the courts? They were attempting to skirt the law to begin with. It is almost like someone that was given oregano instead of weed and then turning the dealer into the cops! LOL

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Well now a days in Colorado, Oregon and Washington you could and would turn him in.....jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:23 pm

I don't know about others, but I truly believed that it was legal to nationalize my car at the airport.  Spencer even legally imported one of his vehicles at the airport. It had certainly be legal under an amparo last summer.  If you don't know what an amparo is, look it up lo sabes todo!
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:27 pm

hank chance wrote: They were attempting to skirt the law to begin with.
I don't see it that way,I think that they were trying comply with the law and were just hoping to be able do it without driving to the border.Frankly that is how I had hoped to do it and it wasn't about attempting to skirt any laws,just wanted to be legal and avoid a trip to the border.
The aduana at GDL handles all sorts of importations,is it unreasonable to have thought that they could do vehicle imports?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Yeah...a lot of whining from a bunch of people who set out to game the system and then had it backfire on them. Now they claim to be victims. Hah! Ironically, some of these same victims are now resigned to the fact that they will have to screw on their fraudulent South Dakota license plates and take their cars to the border anyway. Meanwhile, the Mexican government has stopped nationalizing cars while they try to sort out the mess. And, so far, none of these supposed victims have been willing to accept their responsibility for the situation in which they find themselves.

Last edited by Smartalex on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 pm

SmartyPants--check out TOB!
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 pm

TOB is what I'm talkin' about...although I see a little whining here too.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 pm

I know very well what an amparo is, Gamina. But there were no amparos allowing importation from the interior. Maybe you should look up gullible.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:18 pm

It certainly did seem like nationalizing a vehicle via an internal customs entry point was a valid option when people first started reporting about it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:25 pm

hank chance wrote:I know very well what an amparo is, Gamina. But there were no amparos allowing importation from the interior. Maybe you should look up gullible.

Not true! The airport's amparo was rescinded in August sometime. For a while before that, nationalizations were legally done there. Call Spencer and find out that he did his car through the folks at the airport. He certainly is not going to be "gullible" or do anything illegal which would jeopardize his license. Try using your head instead of your emotions when you are trying to make others look foolish.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 pm

I never nationalize at the airport and even posted warnings about them as the lady there was lying to people and. Saying she was an aduana employee which gave me reasons to doubt her as we called and checked and she did not work there
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Oops, I apologize Spencer. I thought you said you did it at the airport. I guess the only thing I got right was that you did not go to the border. I try to hard to be accurate--sorry I blew it!
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:It certainly did seem like nationalizing a vehicle via an internal customs entry point was a valid option when people first started reporting about it.

That was 4 years ago.  People were getting burned back then too.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:03 am

Playaboy wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:It certainly did seem like nationalizing a vehicle via an internal customs entry point was a valid option when people first started reporting about it.

Sonia the facilitator and others have made recent claims of people getting burned at the border as well,by two of the better known importers,Oscar Angulo in Nogales and Grupo Cuevas in Laredo for example.Not to mention long waits at the border which have also been reported in the Mexican press.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:10 am

viajero wrote:
Playaboy wrote:

Sonia the facilitator and others have made recent claims of people getting burned at the border as well,by two of the better known importers,Oscar Angulo in Nogales and Grupo Cuevas in Laredo for example.Not to mention long waits at the border which have also been reported in the Mexican press.
I think that is really the point.  How are we supposed to keep up with laws, rules, amparos, and interpretation by all the Aduana "officials" when those rules, etc. either never existed or change day by day.  Putting the blame on the poor Gringo who is only acting on what someone tells him (and by that I mean people like Angulo and Grupo Cuevas) and just wants to get his car legalized, seems like a cheap shot.  So far the only thing we haven't heard from these blame-casters is "Nonny-nonny-boo-boo!".
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:23 am

"Nonny-nonny-boo-boo"??  What I heard around 5 years ago was that you had to either take your car to the border and have it nationalized (at some expense) if it WAS a car which could be nationalized (ours wasn't) or you could sell it and buy a Mexican plated car.  There were no other good options for when you ran out of FM3 status.

When push came to shove with the new laws, a lot of people got caught in the new regulations and were forced to make decisions they weren't ready to make.
Some had actually bought expensive new SUV's for the move to Mexico.  Ouch.
In the spirit of "find a need and fill it" some enterprising individuals entered the picture and were there to make things easier for those folks.  Unfortunately, some were opportunists out to make a profit at the expense of these expats.
I don't think anyone is blaming them for trusting wrongly.  If you've reached retirement age without ever having been taken along the way, you are very rare.
Let's hope they find a way out of this morass with the least pain possible.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 am

I think everyone who has led a mistake-free life, never believed in the wrong person, or has never just plain old screwed up something should feel free to point fingers at the people taken in here. Everyone else should just shut up and stop being so preachy, judgey. The last thing people need when they are down is another kick.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote: Everyone else should just shut up and stop being so preachy

Very good advice Lady O, and worth repeating.
The people involved will sort it out the best way they can, without all the free advice, and life will go on.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

My car is finally Mexican - Page 3 Empty Trying to Decide

Post by Halfglass Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:37 pm

I am planning to drive my 2003 Jeep Liberty to Lake Chapala in April. We have been looking at the options of importing it, or driving it back north after we purchase a vehicle there.
I understand that a new car dealer can handle some of the paperwork. Sound good but not sure.
I also have heard all kinds of costs to import from 1,000.00 to 5,000.00
Any Ideas
Halfglass
Halfglass
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Halfglass wrote:I am planning to drive my 2003 Jeep Liberty to Lake Chapala in April. We have been looking at the options of importing it, or driving it back north after we purchase a vehicle there.
I understand that a new car dealer can handle some of the paperwork.  Sound good but not sure.
I also have heard all kinds of costs to import from 1,000.00 to 5,000.00
Any Ideas

Spencer at S&S Auto
has facilitated dozens of nearly new car sales.... speaks perfect English/Spanish,
will take you to as many Guadalajara Car Dealerships as necessary to find you what you are looking for...
he has a terrific rapport with these dealers, as he is known to them as someone who brings in paying customers...
he uses the services of a local shop to inspect the vehicles & covers transfers, registration, plating, & insurances.

Vehicles here tend to be about 10% - 15% more.... and Spencer's services are about $400...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next