INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic?

2 posters

Go down

What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic? Empty What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic?

Post by Cincy Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:57 am

I've seen the locals catching small carp on tortilla strips but what about catfish and tilapia?  Are there other species to catch in the lake?  I realize it's extremely shallow around Ajijic.  I'm just looking for a quiet place to sit for a couple of hours in the early morning rather than an all-out bass fishing expedition to Aguamilpa.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic? Empty Re: What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic?

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:01 am

You can actually catch some large carp in the lake too. I have recently seen some 3 - 4 pounders. There is also Tilapia and I know they were farming catfish by Mezcala but I'm not sure if they are also loose in the lake.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic? Empty Re: What kinds of fish can I catch around Ajijic?

Post by Cincy Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:09 am

Last week, while on vacation in Ajijic, I saw a guy walking the streets with a wheelbarrow full, of what looked like, tilapia. He was selling them. Suddenly, one of the fish flipped over! It was still alive! I'm guessing these fish had very recently been caught, possibly by the fishermen in boats with gill nets? I'd seen some guys hauling nets around La Christina only 50 yards off-shore and they were catching dozens! (tilapia?)
Although only 8 or 9 inches long, these fish would be good sport on ultra-light tackle. It would certainly beat catching gudgeon from the cold and foggy canals of England in my boyhood days...!!!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:08 am

For sure. At one time I used to fish off the end of the Chapala pier with RoofBob. Lots of fun.

Now with the lake being up you can fish off the end of the Ajijic pier if you are so inclined.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down