INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread.

+2
Gamina
Clueless
6 posters

Go down

In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread. Empty In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread.

Post by Clueless Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:58 pm

I was surprised when I looked at the label.

But when I went to the Internet and checked it there, it said 3g

Apparently the formulation changed and the website wasn't updated.

Some of the other values are also different on the web than on the label.

Here it is online
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread. Empty Re: In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread.

Post by Gamina Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:50 am

Is this the Bimbo bread that looks like white bread with brown dye put into it--yuck!! Why would anyone want to eat that stuff?
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread. Empty Re: In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread.

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:09 am

There are several good bakeries around and fresh tortillas daily. No need to buy crap.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:05 am

Gamina wrote:Is this the Bimbo bread that looks like white bread with brown dye put into it--yuck!!  Why would anyone want to eat that stuff?

Nope, it's Yellow #5 dye as per ingredients label.

Sometimes it's scary reading all that goes into some of our processed foods.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:13 am

Not sometimes, always.. But checking Bimbo labels for fiber is pretty funny the whole thig is full of crap fiber or not. The onlt way you know what is in your bread is to make it or do without,,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:14 am

Stop eating processed foods.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:23 am

We eat very little as my husband is following a complicated diet and I have to calculate everything that foes in the food but it is amazing how much crap there is in processed food when you start looking into it. Stopping altogether is not that easy...even salt is fooled around with..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 am

brigitte wrote:Not sometimes, always.. But checking Bimbo labels for fiber is pretty funny the whole thig is full of crap fiber or not. The onlt way you know what is in your bread is to make it or do without,,

Bimbo Bread, Double Fiber

In case you're interested: Zero (0) fiber in Bimbo Multi-Grain bread. 4ECBB237-4E88-8882-4574-A610AEB25699

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=6551C916-E110-11DF-A102-FEFD45A4D471
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:57 am

much worst than others..says the review.

I learned how to do without bread when I came to the States in 1970 so I eat very little of it anyways and we also live next to the French bakery in Ajijic so if I crave bread I go for their baguette.
Thanks for posting we stay away from high fructose corn syrup and transfat anyways..
Don´t you love it, fiber is good for you so let´s have double fiber but sneak the crap in it when no one is looking..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 am

Eating as little processed food as possible is probably the best we can do. As you discovered, Brigitte, some is easier to avoid than others, factory bread being among the easiest.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:12 pm

I would think that with all of those wonderful fresh veggies, fruit, and meats.. staying away from processed food should be easier Lakeside. If I were a fast food kinda gal...it would be really hard to stay away from the "bad stuff" NOB... it's so readily available..everywhere you look!

What's really interesting is I've pretty much stayed away from it all for many years. Once in awhile I see a commercial for something new...most likely horrible for me but looking insanely delicious. I weaken and try it...and almost !00% of the time..I'm disappointed.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 pm

The less processed stuff you eat the less processed food you want (and the worse it tastes when you give in to a craving). I still love Ruffles potato chips and Spoon Size Shredded Wheat though. Thank goddess the Shredded Wheat is so expensive down here. Cost really limits consumption.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down