INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Noise Laws

+13
Zedinmexico
Clete
SunshineyDay
Ojalero
Carry Bean
Flamingo
gringal
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
hickton
viajero
Trailrunner
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Noise Laws - Page 3 Empty Re: New Noise Laws

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:52 am

I had a vicious roof dog lived on the roof next to mine. Never came over to my roof. One day I was undoing the miles of dead cable that ran in front of my house and I looked up and the big vicious dog was about two inches from my face.  I said Hi as a lack of an alternative to say and he licked me. He now wagged his tail when he saw me.  Street dogs, roof dogs, and inside dogs all behave differently in my opinion.  I have only been bit by Gringa dogs.  I have a barking big dog behind my house. It usually doesn't bother me but now I just tell him to shut up gently and he does. I guess I am lucky as I couldn't imagine living next to a pack of roof dogs as Viajero does.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 am

Clete wrote:
Ojalero wrote:I think gringos assume that dogs in a Mexican's yard and on their roof are pets. They are from it, never entering the home or enjoying a friendly pat on the head.

Why do gringos make such assumptions about Mexico and Mexicans? In this case do you personally know every dog owner here so you can make such broad generalizations?

I can make those assumptions because I haven't spent all my time in Mexico in the microcosm of Gringolandia. Assume that the dogs are pets and try to pet one trough a fence. Go to Ocotlan and see how many dogs are friendly.

Maybe I should have said:
I think gringos assume that many dogs in a Mexican's yard and on their roof are pets. They are mostly far from it, never entering the home or enjoying a friendly pat on the head.

In Mexico as a whole, dogs are not mascotas, just guard animals.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:00 am

Zedinmexico wrote:...Ah you want to do a Noriega.  I would suggest Paul Anka...

Z  

Play this one and wait for the owners start losing their tortillas.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:08 am

Nah too danceable Ojalero!! That's dance music for white folks :-) I feel the post drifting.

Tracy Chapman 24 hours a day. Now I like Tracy once in a while but I think 24/7 would be suicidal.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:34 am

I think you should play Doris Day singing "How much is that doggy in the window."

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:50 am

Ojalero wrote:
Clete wrote:
Ojalero wrote:I think gringos assume that dogs in a Mexican's yard and on their roof are pets. They are from it, never entering the home or enjoying a friendly pat on the head.

Why do gringos make such assumptions about Mexico and Mexicans? In this case do you personally know every dog owner here so you can make such broad generalizations?

I can make those assumptions because I haven't spent all my time in Mexico in the microcosm of Gringolandia. Assume that the dogs are pets and try to pet one trough a fence. Go to Ocotlan and see how many dogs are friendly.

I think gringos assume that many dogs in a Mexican's yard and on their roof are pets. They are mostly far from it, never entering the home or enjoying a friendly pat on the head.

My experience, which is pretty vast, differs from yours. And where exactly is this microcosm? I go days and days without any kind of contact with foreigners.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 am

Ojalero lives in a box in LaLa land.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:26 am

Or "Who let the dogs out/"

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:32 am

Ojalero clarified his assumption about Mexicans by making a boatload of assumptions about foreigners living lakeside. Actually was pretty amusing.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 am

When one of my neighbors,a nice harmless little old lady who has lived here forever told me that she would like to blow the barkers up with "explosivos" you know there's a problem...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:44 am

Ojalero wrote:[

Then why do so many of them wear hand knitted sweaters?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 am

My signature says for me to shut up. Bye!
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:59 am

Hahahaha! Even after his last few posts he really believes WE are the idiots. The farce is strong in this one.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:15 am

Ojalero wrote:
Clete wrote:

I have six "Mexican" nietas that live far from "gringolandia" that would certainly argue that point with you. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:44 am

It's a sad thing all round.  Unhappy dogs..unhappy neighbors.  BUT if your only choice is poison or move....I'd suggest moving.  Dog poisoners are pariahs.  Anytime a dog dies anywhere...the finger will point at you.  If you think you're miserable now......
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:57 pm

kipissippi wrote:It's a sad thing all round.  Unhappy dogs..unhappy neighbors.  BUT if your only choice is poison or move....I'd suggest moving.  Dog poisoners are pariahs.  Anytime a dog dies anywhere...the finger will point at you.  If you think you're miserable now......
Callate el osico,mensa.
When my neighbor,who has lived here forever, says that that she would like to blow up the barkers,you know there's a problem.
You don't know what you're talking about.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:37 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Get a large amplifier and a couple of very large directional speakers in the back of a pick up truck and pay some guys to park it out front and blast death metal at the pendejos house from dawn until dusk every single day.

How about making the dogs want to kill themselves by playing loops of Perry Como 24/7? lol!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:34 pm

viajero wrote:
kipissippi wrote:It's a sad thing all round.  Unhappy dogs..unhappy neighbors.  BUT if your only choice is poison or move....I'd suggest moving.  Dog poisoners are pariahs.  Anytime a dog dies anywhere...the finger will point at you.  If you think you're miserable now......
Callate el osico,mensa.
When my neighbor,who has lived here forever, says that that she would like to blow up the barkers,you know there's a problem.

How could you think about hurting those poor, cute, doggies. Barking is their way of trying to talk to you. If it comes down to either your giving up your home or the dogs lives, you should definitely move on. Dogs are people too.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:04 pm

viajero wrote:
Callate el osico,mensa.

Viajero do you know what happened to the alleged dog poisoner in Ajijic a few years ago?? He left town in a hurry and the locals kept his house from being sold for a year or so. Dog poisoners are pariahs if caught. I make no judgement on whether he was guilty or not but he paid in fear and financial damage.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Playaboy wrote:
viajero wrote:
Callate el osico,mensa.

How could you think about hurting those poor, cute, doggies.  Barking is their way of trying to talk to you.  If it comes down to either your giving up your home or the dogs lives, you should definitely move on.  Dogs are people too.

Well put.  Viajero should  give up his home so the neighbor can carry on with the noise?  That makes sense.......NOT!

Try to imagine living with this kind of nonstop annoyance. I know things are different here than NOB, but isn't there any kind of authority who can make this stop so the neighbors can live in peace?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Playaboy wrote:

How could you think about hurting those poor, cute, doggies.  Barking is their way of trying to talk to you.  If it comes down to either your giving up your home or the dogs lives, you should definitely move on.  Dogs are people too.
Oh dear,I thought that they were just barking,maybe I need to take some classes in doggie speak.

Gringal,gracias,I have no intention of moving.

Zed...,oh never mind...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:06 am

viajero wrote:
Callate el osico,mensa.

Really?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 am

error

Last edited by brigitte on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 am

I sympathised .We lived next to a dog that drove us nuts and drove us to sell the house, I have one regret and that we did not shoot that dog. She died 2 years after we left and the owners never replaced her because she was so wonderfull

That dog had a huge bark and barked all day, the owners were never home and we went through hell.

THere is a new gdog in our neighborhood now who is doing the same thign and continues at night but this being Chiapas, that dog is not going to last long on her roof
Thank God.

Yes it is the owners fault for not taking her in but when you are the neighbor and the dog barks night and day that dog should be taken out or debarked.

I am a dog lover but sorry people have the right to live in peace in their home,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks Viajero for the dismissal.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:27 am

I just watched GDL Noticias,they showed a video of this crazy gringo's 100 barkers,what a NIGHTMARE for his neighbors.
Apparently someone tossed a Molotov Cocktail over his wall,can't say as I blame them..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next