INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling

4 posters

Go down

Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling Empty Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling

Post by DaveP Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:09 pm

I have to order some documents from the British Government. Does anyone know where I can get a cheque or money order. Don't do credit cards.

Thanks
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling Empty Re: Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:16 pm

I'd check with CIbanco in the mall where Wing's Army is. I'll see if I can find the phone number.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling Empty Re: Cheque/Money order in Pounds Sterling

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:17 pm

766-2382 or

http://www.cibanco.com/

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks Carry Bean. I have my Mexican accounts there and they say they can only transfer Sterling not write a cheque or money order.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Oh, I thought they may be able to since that's where US citizens get their checks to pay for passport renewals. Didn't they know where this could be done?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:23 am

Carry Bean wrote:Oh, I thought they may be able to since that's where US citizens get their checks to pay for passport renewals.  Didn't they know where this could be done?

They had no idea
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:17 am

DaveP wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:Oh, I thought they may be able to since that's where US citizens get their checks to pay for passport renewals.  Didn't they know where this could be done?

They had no idea

Dave, if it were my problem, I'd get a friend in England to order them there and pay them back. Failing that approach, I'd get a friend here to order them with a CC and pay them back.

If you have a bank account in MX, you can write a check in pounds and send it but who knows how long it will take to clear.

Is there a British Embassy in Guad? If so, you can probably get the forms here and pay in Pesos but you would have to do it in person.

Isn't living in a foreign country fun?

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Buy a prepaid VISA card on the internet, put on it just what you need to in order to pay the fees.

https://www.entropay.com/

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down