INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cashing a Canadian Money Order here

+3
Mainecoons
gatosigi
sparks
7 posters

Go down

Cashing a Canadian Money Order here Empty Cashing a Canadian Money Order here

Post by sparks Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Or one from the US. Can it even be done and if so, where

I'm trying to convince someone it's a bad idea to mail one down
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Cashing a Canadian Money Order here Empty Re: Cashing a Canadian Money Order here

Post by gatosigi Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm

I once convinced Banamex (where I had an account) to cash a Canadian money order from an insurance company but they spent an hour verifying the money order with their head office first. The second attempt to negotiate a similar money order from the same issuer was met with a series of excuses and evasions and no success despite my showing them photocopies of the original transaction.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cashing a Canadian Money Order here Empty Re: Cashing a Canadian Money Order here

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I think your best bet is Intercam on the Carretera next to the Oxxo, central Ajijic.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Another option for getting Canadian money to Mexico would be for the Canadian to do an E Mail money transfer to another Canadian there.

The Canadian in Mexico can deposit the funds into their Canadian Bank account and then withdraw the money using their debit card in Mexico.

I don't think the US Banks have email money transfers, but we do.

Here's how:

Interac e-Transfer

Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 pm

My bank has "Bill Pay" which maybe he could do from his Canada bank to mine in the US. There is also PayPal .... but this guy is not computer savvy.

Intercam would put a hold on my money for who knows how long and I would have to renew my account with them just for this. I want simple as possible

Best suggestion yet is Western Union but I don't exactly how it works.
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:33 pm

You can also do an EFT through XE.COM from the Canadian bank account directly into the Mexican bank account. There is no charge for the transfer other than what is built into the exchange rate you get from XE.COM and it is much better than what PayPal gives you. I use this method frequently and the transfer clears in about 5 days.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:42 pm

He could mail the check to your US bank with your account number on it and on the bank for depossit only written on it, I've done that with success.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm

If you have an account with a Mexican bank they can transfer directly to your account. Usually doesn't take more than 48 hours to clear.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:06 pm

He could transfer to my bank with "bill pay" or normal transfer .... but the guy is retarded when it comes to doing things online. That is the problem. Anyone that wants to put things in the mail these days has a 1950's mentality.

You want a new Debit Card DHL'ed .... that's one thing ... but $3-400 cash, that is retarded
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:21 pm

sparks wrote:He could transfer to my bank with "bill pay" or normal transfer .... but the guy is retarded when it comes to doing things online. That is the problem. Anyone that wants to put things in the mail these days has a 1950's mentality.

You want a new Debit Card DHL'ed .... that's one thing ... but $3-400 cash, that is retarded

He doesn't need to do it online. His can visit his Canadian bank in person. He would need some info from you such as the clabe which your bank can provide and the rest of your account info.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 pm

That is complicated for him .... he is a 1950's reject but he is my neighbor

Bank transfers usually cost about $45, Mexico has a different clabe (clave) system which has screwed up many transfers .... and this dope wants to put things in the MAIL. I take no further responsibility for getting this done until sometime in September
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 pm

sparks wrote:That is complicated for him .... he is a 1950's reject but he is my neighbor

Bank transfers usually cost about $45, Mexico has a different clabe (clave) system which has screwed up many transfers .... and this dope wants to put things in the MAIL. I take no further responsibility for getting this done until sometime in September

I have had many transfers made and have never had a problem except for calls from people NOB that say the morons in their bank can't copy the exact code they were provided. And it is spelled CLABE which is an acronym for Clave Bancaria Estandarizada.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down