INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avocado Club

+4
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
benjji
itsme
8 posters

Go down

Avocado Club Empty Avocado Club

Post by itsme Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:53 am

Has anyone gone yet? I thought it opened last week but nobody has said a thing.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Avocado Club Empty Re: Avocado Club

Post by benjji Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:23 am

They have on TOB....summary was small portions, high prices, spotty service etc.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:40 am

benjji wrote:They have on TOB....summary was small portions, high prices, spotty service etc.

....and a very long flight of stairs. Allegedly (TOB) no elevator. What's to like?? Thumbs down

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:02 am

To be fair, there were also several reviews in that thread saying the food was wonderful. Also, someone said staff helps the mobility challenged up the stairs.
I saw somewhere posted a menu and the prices were high so the food would need to be extraordinary. Still, I will give it a try one of these days.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:To be fair, there were also several reviews in that thread saying the food was wonderful. Also, someone said staff helps the mobility challenged up the stairs.
I saw somewhere posted a menu and the prices were high so the food would need to be extraordinary. Still, I will give it a try one of these days.

What is the staff going to do? Carry them? Let's be real, here. Mildly "mobility challenged" people usually carry a stick or cane for use on stairs. This gets them up there, but doesn't stop the knee, foot or hip pain incurred in the process. Plenty of pain-free places to eat, si? If they really want to get people up there, an elevator would be a good investment, considering the demographics.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:24 am

I had the macaroni and cheese with short ribs.  Inedible, literally.  Tough meat and odd looking mac & cheese with overcooked pasta in it and no taste of cheese.  The lemonade was syrupy and overly tart & sweet at the same time.  Out of a bowl of beignets, I ate one.  Overcooked on the outside and doughy in the middle.

The best thing I had was the Coke.

Edited to add: this whole mess cost 208 pesos plus tip.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Ouch. That's quite the indictment Carry Bean. I've eaten at Gossips many times, and have been to parties Ismat (sp?) has catered spectacularly, so I'm a fan. I'm sure I'll try it out, but will definitely give them some time to work out the kinks given what you wrote.

BTW. The stairs at that location are some of the most gently graded you'll ever find in Mexico, if that helps.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:39 pm

I love Gossips too but they have a LOT of kinks to work out in this location. I heard the fried chicken is excellent.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Ismat and David Abadia are 2 of the best chefs and most professional restauranteurs in the area. If the food is truly that dismal I expect Ismat will be right on top of it. I'll wait a bit too now.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:52 pm

He better start tasting what is coming out of his kitchen instead of fussing over presentation. A friend went today and got the yogurt pie. Tasteless & there was so much gelatin in it you could bounce a fork on it. I'm really surprised at all this & really want it to succeed. It's nice to have a restaurant in the area with parking.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Four of us just finished dinner at Avocado Club...kudos, kudos , kudos!!.. the service was impeccable.. the food was above excellent...we started with the calamari appetizers shared by each couple...the calamari were delicate and fried to perfection and taken a step above with the chipotle sauce with dipping...2 of our diners had the beef liver so tender that it could have been cut with a fork and so much also..."para llevar" for part of it.. crisp and tasty grilled vegetables accompanied them and when we asked for hand cut fries instead of the homemade mashed , it was no trouble and they were the best fresh handmade fries in lakeside...two of the other diners had the chicken pot pie and the lamb burger, respectively...both were the best they had tasted ..the owner and also the server returned to check on the meals...exquisite, succulent, cooked to perfection.. none of our group of four can hardly wait to return...a truly gourmand gem!!!..congratulations Avocado Club..

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:45 pm

That's good. Nobody asked my about my awful, uneaten meal but I'm glad they asked you.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Carry Bean wrote:That's good.  Nobody asked my about my awful, uneaten meal but I'm glad they asked you.

After reading all the reviews on this and TOB, I'm wondering whether all these people were at the same restaurant !!! Think I'll wait a bit.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down