INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Los Tres Potrillos

+6
Carry Bean
Ezzie
slainte39
oncesubtle
Viajero-Tiempo
Chapalagringa
10 posters

Go down

Los Tres Potrillos Empty Los Tres Potrillos

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 pm

There are 2 entrances to Vicente Fernandez's place on the road to Guadalajara
One is the Arena... for various kinds of shows etc
The other is........NO SE
There are often folks congregating there
Sometimes buses and usually cars
It looks like folks are waiting to enter something....

Does anybody know:
What's there
How to get entry
Hours
etc

Thanks

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Los Tres Potrillos Empty Re: Los Tres Potrillos

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Viajero-Tiempo wrote:There are 2 entrances to Vicente Fernandez's place on the road to Guadalajara
One is the Arena... for various kinds of shows etc
The other is........NO SE
There are often folks congregating there
Sometimes buses and usually cars
It looks like folks are waiting to enter something....

Does anybody know:
What's there
How to get entry
Hours
etc

Thanks
It's a venue. You can get tickets through ticket master. When the doors open, you can buy tickets at the ticket booth, if there are any.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Arena-VFG-boletos-Tlajomulco-de-Zuniga/venue/164188

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:04 pm

As I said, one is for the arena (for shows, etc).

I do not know what the other entrance is for....
I think it is an entry for another part of VFG's place/ranch/etc

But I do not know what goes on there

But as I said , there are often groups waiting o get in the alternate entrance.

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm

The 'other entrance' is for a tour of the house and grounds. A friend of mine said she was able to wander off and even got to pet his most precious horse. When she came back she was awe struck.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:04 am

Viajero-Tiempo wrote:As I said, one is for the arena (for shows, etc).

Big stable.....lots of horses.....a swimming pool shaped like a guitar.....about it.
Some of the family uses the house occasionally.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 am

I thought Los Tres Potrillos was the name of the restaurant on the property that is a little further south from the entrance you are referring to. It is beside the equestrian supplies store that is also part of the VFG family holdings. Both the restaurant and the equestrian supplies are of very high quality and selection but a bit pricey IMHO.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 am

Isn't that Los Cinco Potrillos?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:35 am

There are probably muchos potrillos inside on the ranch. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Isn't that Los Cinco Potrillos?

Los Cinco Potrillos is the name of a restaurant in Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos.

Tres Potrillos is the name of the Vincente Fernandez complex on the Chapala-Guadalajara carretera.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:18 pm

RV, someone told me that Cinco Potrillos has closed. Last meal I had there was a year ago--the food was not great and there were screaming kids running around the restaurant throughout the meal. Sic transit gloria!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:27 pm

I had heard that also & was sorry to hear the news, as it was one of our favorite stops. It was never the same after Martin was killed, but the ladies & girls did try hard. We never did see his sons there again.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Oh ok.  I didn't realize that was the entrance to the "homestead."  I've only been to the arena a couple of times and used the main door.  I assumed the other doors were for cargo entrance for setting up the platforms and crews etc.   Google maps is cool, you can make out the guitar pool.
https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@20.4659494,-103.2610338,159m/data=!3m1!1e3

I have a funny story about the restaurant, Los Tres Potrillos, connected to VF.  We invited some friends to eat there once and I was sure they had no idea where it was.  We arrived in separate cars and got a table while I waited outside for our invited friends.  Our friends finally came in after taking the turn around at the airport.  We ate together blah blah.  I can't remember who finally told us that for sure they knew where it was since our friend we invited to eat there is a relative of VF and had grown up eating there. Shocked mariachi   hahaha  

If you do eat there, make SURE you ask for fresh meat and make SURE it is fresh.  They will recycle left over meats and re-serve them.  All of us, except the relative, got food poisoning, and why the relative didn't say anything, I don't know why, maybe embarrassed but beware!  We haven't been back after that.  The relative was the only one that didn't eat any meat and didn't get sick.  The time I ate there before that, the company I was with I found out later, checked all the plates being served to the table and sent back anything they thought was "recycled."  I guess they have an eye for it since they are restaurant owners as well.  

Los Cinco Potrillos, Pancho's restaurant, had 3 small children, a boy, girl, and the youngest a baby girl, when he was murdered.  Once Gaime quit, the teen that always assisted Pancho and had the same mannerisms because Pancho had taken him under his wing like a father, because of college, the restaurant took a dive and never was the same.  Lupita just didn't have an eye like Pancho and Gaime to keep the quality and service the same.  Sweet family.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:37 pm

I have eaten there, as well as my large family many, many times (in the triple digits) over the years and have never encountered this problem(s).
Re-cycled meat?..... left overs from some ones servings or cooked the day before?....raw meat left out, not refrigerated?....or what?  
No one sick, either.
It is a favorite spot for large get togethers of my family from Chapala and Guadalajara, as it splits the distance.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:48 pm

If customers leave good meat on their tables when they leave, the food is reserved to new customers. Or they may serve left overs from the day before. This practice, not a good one, saves the restaurant money but it can make people sick.

I'm glad your family has never had a problem, keep enjoying it!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:06 am

My family cleans their plates (to the last bite), so they are not contributing to your problem of eating someone else's leftovers. Very Happy
They even take the huesos and scraps home to the dogs.
I'll let you know when we are going so you can come later with a reduced chance of having to eat leftovers from someone's plate.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:33 am

Chapalagringa wrote:

Oh ok.  I didn't realize that was the entrance to the "homestead."  I've only been to the arena a couple of times and used the main door.  I assumed the other doors were for cargo entrance for setting up the platforms and crews etc.   Google maps is cool, you can make out the guitar pool.
https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@20.4659494,-103.2610338,159m/data=!3m1!1e3

I have a funny story about the restaurant, Los Tres Potrillos, connected to VF.  We invited some friends to eat there once and I was sure they had no idea where it was.  We arrived in separate cars and got a table while I waited outside for our invited friends.  Our friends finally came in after taking the turn around at the airport.  We ate together blah blah.  I can't remember who finally told us that for sure they knew where it was since our friend we invited to eat there is a relative of VF and had grown up eating there. Shocked mariachi   hahaha  

If you do eat there, make SURE you ask for fresh meat and make SURE it is fresh.  They will recycle left over meats and re-serve them.  All of us, except the relative, got food poisoning, and why the relative didn't say anything, I don't know why, maybe embarrassed but beware!  We haven't been back after that.  The relative was the only one that didn't eat any meat and didn't get sick.  The time I ate there before that, the company I was with I found out later, checked all the plates being served to the table and sent back anything they thought was "recycled."  I guess they have an eye for it since they are restaurant owners as well.  

Los Cinco Potrillos, Pancho's restaurant, had 3 small children, a boy, girl, and the youngest a baby girl, when he was murdered.  Once Gaime quit, the teen that always assisted Pancho and had the same mannerisms because Pancho had taken him under his wing like a father, because of college, the restaurant took a dive and never was the same.  Lupita just didn't have an eye like Pancho and Gaime to keep the quality and service the same.  Sweet family.

Whoa Nellie, Vicente Fernandez's restaurant re-serves table scraps? I have to wonder how they kept that a secret with the employees who move from restaurant to restaurant and the multitudes of people who go to his restaurant as if it were shrine. The rumor hot line has to be smoking with this news. Vicente is a legend in his own time, a virtual saint in the music industry and just about every ones favorite movie actor. And he is very wealthy, being worth 25 million U.S. So it' s hard to imagine him risking his reputation on some minor food costs and endangering his fans and the public with horrible sickness's that are sometimes fatal.

I would ask you call his manager with the dates and details that you experienced and any rumors you may have heard. You would be doing Mexico, Vicente, his family and fans a huge favor by quashing the food recycling policy right now. The cat is out of the bag and I can only imagine what kind of press he will get.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:35 am

Yup, every time someone leaves a good steak on their plate untouched the kitchen rinses it off and puts it in the pile of all the other good meats not eaten because it happens all the time. Saves them millions of pesos a year. It helps make up for the thousands of customers who never return because they all get food poisoning when they eat recycled meat. Rolling Eyes
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:29 pm

thatz what Ketchup is for..... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder